Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171122 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2007, 11:32:48 AM »
I agree with K

Club over Country every day of the week.

I didn't even watch the Scotland game.

I love my favourite but I don't support our football team.

Bring on the Old Firm on Saturday!!!

I dont really enjoy international weekend's either, it breaks up the flow of the league.

Def club over country i was a united supporter before an england one and in all honesty i have huge issues supporting players who every other week i hate.

I also hate the over reaction to all england results and the general harrassment and blame individuals receive when england are knocked out of a tournamenmt !

what was that about with frank lampard? it was an absolute disgrace whatever

i dont like frank lampard but i dont agree with booing players who play for your side. I dont see how it helps the side but england fans have a history of it, people must remember beckham flipping the middle finger to them when he walked off the pitch due to the abuse. In more recent times hargreaves, crouch, p neville , heskey, bentley and now lampard have got abuse.

Some england fans are hypocrites, lampard was voted england national team player of the year two years running and now he gets booe'd. Hargreaves got boo'ed in the first game of the WC and at the end was voted by the england fans player of the tournament.

Lampards "crime" is that he plays for chelsea, didnt have a good WC and is seen as the guy who stops gerrard playing well because gerrard has to play more defensive when lampard plays.

If lampard scores on wednesday im sure they will be cheering again, at times id prefer a major tournament without england so i can just enjoy it for football and not have to put up with all the rubbish that follows england.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:35:46 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2007, 02:02:04 AM »
he scored against germany and was still booed

fuckin hate him to be honest

over-rated lacks pace and dosent have the understanding barry has with gerrard

cant believe mclarens going to re-shuffle the formation to accomadate him...typical show of pickin a player becasuse of his surname regardless of form

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2007, 10:19:47 AM »
^ he wont re'shuffle the team to fit anyone in... Barry is a pretty much dead cert to start tomorrow in lampards place, and he deserves his chance to shine.. and wouldnt go as far as saying he's over rated though, true his performances of late for england hasnt been great but what hes done at chelsea is excellant, he chips in with a lot of goals from centre midfield aswell but him and gerrard together just dont work they're too similar players with their movement and involvement with the game.. Barry on the other hand has no problem with doing the simple stuff allowing gerrard to get forward while he just holds the midfield, also its a great plus having both a right footed and left footed player in the middle of the pitch.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2007, 10:28:17 AM »
^ he wont re'shuffle the team to fit anyone in... Barry is a pretty much dead cert to start tomorrow in lampards place, and he deserves his chance to shine.. and wouldnt go as far as saying he's over rated though, true his performances of late for england hasnt been great but what hes done at chelsea is excellant, he chips in with a lot of goals from centre midfield aswell but him and gerrard together just dont work they're too similar players with their movement and involvement with the game.. Barry on the other hand has no problem with doing the simple stuff allowing gerrard to get forward while he just holds the midfield, also its a great plus having both a right footed and left footed player in the middle of the pitch.

there is talk that lampard will come in for j.cole or SWP, basically playing a 5 man midfield with rooney playing wide and trying to support owen.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2007, 10:38:37 AM »

there is talk that lampard will come in for j.cole or SWP, basically playing a 5 man midfield with rooney playing wide and trying to support owen.

really? first ive heard of that and ive had the radio news on all day.. i always fail to see why managers change winning sides, 442 has and always will be englands best formation imo

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2007, 11:25:41 AM »

really? first ive heard of that and ive had the radio news on all day.. i always fail to see why managers change winning sides, 442 has and always will be englands best formation imo

to me 442 is the best formation there is, i think mcclaren is hoping to keep it tight and sneak a win.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #291 on: October 17, 2007, 10:06:43 AM »
Russia 2 England 1, classic case of a team trying to go and get a draw.

England spent so long defending and not going forward that when we needed to we couldnt.

We didnt deserve to win but defeat is pretty harsh, robinson should have done better with the second. Rooney was defending like a striker does, by getting caught out of position defensivly.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2007, 10:35:11 AM »
i am in total disgust, cannot believe what i just witnissed.. Were out plain and simple, going to be a hard two years without international football  :-\ :( >:(

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »
i am in total disgust, cannot believe what i just witnissed.. Were out plain and simple, going to be a hard two years without international football  :-\ :( >:(

there is still a slim chance if israel get a result against russia. If we dont make it you can watch the tournoment froma neutral view and just enjoy the football.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2007, 10:51:41 AM »
didnt watch all of the game because i am working, although i did see the last 20mins from a chinese tv channel. poor performance and Rooney, what was he doing??

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2007, 10:57:35 AM »
didnt watch all of the game because i am working, although i did see the last 20mins from a chinese tv channel. poor performance and Rooney, what was he doing??

its the type of stupid mistake a player who doesent play in the position make.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2007, 10:58:57 AM »
Great goal by Rooney though
And that penalty wasn't a penalty

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »

yeah it was outside the area but rooneys goal was offside , so they kinda cancel each other out.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »
i will have to watch MOTD this evening. good luck to Scotland.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2007, 11:09:29 AM »

yeah it was outside the area but rooneys goal was offside , so they kinda cancel each other out.
Ah,okay..Didn't see the match, just saw the highlights, but they didn't mention the offside.

kemizt