Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 173902 times)

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #4080 on: September 30, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »
Barcelona result tonight :o

but a victory for Rangers (finally) so it's a good night 8)

Great result for us last night, almost seals 3rd place in the group as i'd be shock if Bursaspor pick up any points against Man Utd in the next 2 games or in Valencia before we go to Turkey

aye, i imagine Sir Alex will put out a stronger team against them after our 0-0 draw, so Bursaspor will have next to no chance. i'm intrigued to see how well we do against Valencia, considering we drew at Old Trafford and that Valencia dont have Villa or Silva anymore. not saying they'll be pushovers, but i'm still intrigued as to how these ties turn out

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4081 on: October 02, 2010, 07:33:27 AM »

Great result for us last night, almost seals 3rd place in the group as i'd be shock if Bursaspor pick up any points against Man Utd in the next 2 games or in Valencia before we go to Turkey

aye, i imagine Sir Alex will put out a stronger team against them after our 0-0 draw, so Bursaspor will have next to no chance. i'm intrigued to see how well we do against Valencia, considering we drew at Old Trafford and that Valencia dont have Villa or Silva anymore. not saying they'll be pushovers, but i'm still intrigued as to how these ties turn out

Valencia seemed pretty good the other night, will depend on how Rangers set themselves up.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Invincible

« Reply #4082 on: October 02, 2010, 09:18:50 AM »
Another dire performance from United. Can't see us winning anything this season if we keep playing like that. The only plus side from todays match is that Rio and Vidic are looking petty good together again.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4083 on: October 03, 2010, 07:13:52 AM »

Valencia seemed pretty good the other night, will depend on how Rangers set themselves up.

i think it's a safe bet as to how Rangers will be set out :P

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4084 on: October 03, 2010, 07:54:48 AM »
Liverpool 0 - 2 Blackpool.

[victor meldrew] i don't believe it [/victor meldrew]

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #4085 on: October 04, 2010, 01:20:32 AM »
 :raisetheroof:

:cow:

Fraxxx

« Reply #4086 on: October 04, 2010, 01:41:17 AM »

Demichelis is such a fucking joke! ;D Very nice free kick from Sahin though. Dortmund is really on fire.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Fraxxx

« Reply #4087 on: October 04, 2010, 01:47:10 AM »
Very harsh foul from de Jong again. I'm not saying that he broke Ben Arfa's leg on purpose but he doesn't seem to regret such actions either...

I want to see Sneijder on the 8 instead of de Jong on the 6 with vdV on the 10 in the Elftal.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4088 on: October 04, 2010, 03:06:40 AM »
Van Der Vaart is god!  8) i was at the game on saturday, dude oozes pure class.. god knows how we managed to get him for £8 Million,  ;D

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #4089 on: October 04, 2010, 03:14:28 AM »

Demichelis is such a fucking joke! ;D Very nice free kick from Sahin though. Dortmund is really on fire.

yeah, we needed some help from Demichelis, but after the Sevilla game I can live with that ;D

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #4090 on: October 04, 2010, 03:24:44 AM »
Van Der Vaart is god!  8) i was at the game on saturday, dude oozes pure class.. god knows how we managed to get him for £8 Million,  ;D

Real traded Sneijder, Robben and VdV for nothing and they all blow up now :laugh: Even Huntelaar and van Nistelroy are decent. It's funny that even with the dutch wave Real couldn't win shit (well that's no miracle, see the dutch national team, but still...)  It's really pathetic that Real can afford all this.

Fraxxx

« Reply #4091 on: October 04, 2010, 03:27:18 AM »

I'm glad he's at Tottenham now. Real Madrid is such a cunt club. I really thought they had a plan when they got Robben, Sneijder, vdV and Huntelaar but then... Notice how every single player is doing fine now at their recent clubs.

BTW I read that the fans weren't too pleased with vdV's performance when he missed several big chances or was that exaggerated?

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4092 on: October 04, 2010, 03:58:51 AM »

I'm glad he's at Tottenham now. Real Madrid is such a cunt club. I really thought they had a plan when they got Robben, Sneijder, vdV and Huntelaar but then... Notice how every single player is doing fine now at their recent clubs.

BTW I read that the fans weren't too pleased with vdV's performance when he missed several big chances or was that exaggerated?

nah thats pretty exaggerared.. the fans have taken an instanst love to him.. thing with Spurs is we do tend to create alot of chances during games, but we sometime struggle to convert them, VdV has come in and kinda shook things up with how he plays, like never scared to try something special or take on a shot that seems difficult.. ive heard comparisions of him to glen hoddle, which is a little before my time.. but its always good to get compared to a club legend when your've only been there 2 months  :)

and yeah god knows what goes on behind the door of Real, you either make it BIG there or LOOSE it there... like you said strange how most dutch players struggle there when there quality is never in question  ???

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4093 on: October 04, 2010, 05:16:27 AM »
Fuckin' 'hell vdV is a good player..

kemizt

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4094 on: October 04, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »
Thing is. Real is probably the biggest club in the world. It's a gigantic club with huge amount of pressure on any player, especially the forwards. If you ask me, Sneijder is the only one who is a slap in the face to Real's policy. VDV, Robben and Huntelar are now all shining true but in much smaller clubs, where they're more relaxed... They just aren't big club material, maybe Robben.