Author Topic: PUSHING BACK DETOX IS REALLY LIKE PUSHING BACK THE WESTCOAST  (Read 531 times)

messi19

Re: PUSHING BACK DETOX IS REALLY LIKE PUSHING BACK THE WESTCOAST
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 05:59:12 AM »
i like that song he did for "LIL Wayne - Outstanding" beat is Dope!

Actually he didn't produce that track. I forgot the name of the production team but
it wasn't Dre.

$Eg2$

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 10:33:30 AM »
Detox is not not coming  :laugh:   

:'(  all the DRE groupies  :laugh:

rik

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 10:35:08 AM »
What's a DETOX?

StevenQBosell

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 11:34:12 AM »
What's a DETOX?

Supposedly, a Dr. Dre album that MAY be released in 2020

therealtran

• 'G'
  • University of Michigan
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 01:01:41 PM »
if detox came out right now and it didn't meet the standards of everyone who's waiting for it, they'd just attack dre and destroy his legacy. let him release detox whenever he wants to. it's his album, he's the producer, and he can do whatever he wants to do. just wait. when it comes out, it comes out. At least we'll know dre was ready to release it. i'd rather have him release it years from now if he feels that's what its' going to take for it to be th dopest, most perfect album ever that will revolutionize hip hop and shit on everything else on the radio right now.

Inside Death Row

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 01:04:26 PM »
Once again, Dre is not only representing the WC.....When Dre left DR, that was the end of being boxed into just WC music and we should all be happy for that...Time moves on and one of the things that has kept Dre somewhat popular is unlike so many WC artists, Dre refuses to be limited to just WC music...I do agree however that even as a fan of Dre's , this Detox shit needs to stop....Either release that shit or just fade into the background like he is gradually doing anyway. I think the project has lost some of it's impact anyway since it is a couple of years later than he should have released it.....I mean DAMN. RELEASE THE SHIT OR JUST FADE AWAY DRE!!. Produce whenever or whoever you want but just stop all the teasing..Unlike 2001, most of the artists that will be on Detox are not popular anymore and even the new Aftermath signee's including Bishop Lamont are starting to lose whatever buzz they had..I just don't understand the whole thing with Aftermath in releasing new music.   

You say unlie teh artist on 2001 but those artist werent even popular back then exept for the established names like X, em, snoop, nate and kurupt but the new cats he tried to break in like HIttaman, Ms roc, 6,2  and time bomb are nowhere to be seen and werent even popular back then anyways

Dopeisjay

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »
Yeah cuz they were talkin bout lil wayne workin wit dre..
XXL also had mentioned that it was prod by dre..
and even Power 106 was sayin that.. but i dunn??.. kind of sounds some shit dre would do..
i like that song he did for "LIL Wayne - Outstanding" beat is Dope!

Actually he didn't produce that track. I forgot the name of the production team but
it wasn't Dre.

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 03:37:30 PM »
Once again, Dre is not only representing the WC.....When Dre left DR, that was the end of being boxed into just WC music and we should all be happy for that...Time moves on and one of the things that has kept Dre somewhat popular is unlike so many WC artists, Dre refuses to be limited to just WC music...I do agree however that even as a fan of Dre's , this Detox shit needs to stop....Either release that shit or just fade into the background like he is gradually doing anyway. I think the project has lost some of it's impact anyway since it is a couple of years later than he should have released it.....I mean DAMN. RELEASE THE SHIT OR JUST FADE AWAY DRE!!. Produce whenever or whoever you want but just stop all the teasing..Unlike 2001, most of the artists that will be on Detox are not popular anymore and even the new Aftermath signee's including Bishop Lamont are starting to lose whatever buzz they had..I just don't understand the whole thing with Aftermath in releasing new music.   

You say unlie teh artist on 2001 but those artist werent even popular back then exept for the established names like X, em, snoop, nate and kurupt but the new cats he tried to break in like HIttaman, Ms roc, 6,2  and time bomb are nowhere to be seen and werent even popular back then anyways

6'2 was more of a DOC protege, and dre wasn't trying 2 break in Time Bomb, he was rollin with Knoc which is probably the only reason he landed on that track
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

makavel_i

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 05:45:27 PM »
Detox will come thats all

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 07:57:58 AM »

6'2 was more of a DOC protege, and dre wasn't trying 2 break in Time Bomb, he was rollin with Knoc which is probably the only reason he landed on that track

ok but u still gotta admit none of those guys broke out.

If the west is waiting for Detox to rise above the other region is hip hop they have a serious problem.