Author Topic: Kanye Is Outselling 50 Cent In Preorders  (Read 611 times)

herpes

Re: Kanye Is Outselling 50 Cent In Preorders
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 02:56:05 PM »
christ when did hip hops start acting like women.  Who gives a shit about albums sales.  Who gives a shit if 50 said he would retire if kayne outsells him.  This is why music is garbage, everyone more concerned about bull shit like this then actual music.

Soopahigh

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 05:08:53 AM »
christ when did hip hops start acting like women.  Who gives a shit about albums sales.  Who gives a shit if 50 said he would retire if kayne outsells him.  This is why music is garbage, everyone more concerned about bull shit like this then actual music.

Narrator

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »

If you're a fan of an artist and you like their newest album, you want to see them sell well because you think they make good music and you want to see them get what they deserve.  It's part of what being a fan is about.  In this case, tho, it's more about the fact that everyone hates 50 for being such a dick (no homo) and want to see him fail to meet his own hype so that he'll look like a dumbfuck once again (although I doubt he's seriously gonna retire if his album doesn't outsell Kanye's in the first week).

Anyway, to everyone who thinks it's certain that 50 will outsell Kanye because of the "teeny boppers"...think again.  G-Unit is not in the same position anymore that they were at the beginning of '05.  Remember when "Disco Inferno" came out three months before "The Massacre" and immediately jumped to the top of the charts?  Same with "Candy Shop"?  None of 50's singles are doing the same.  When was the last time you even heard anyone bumping 50's music, anyway?  At this point, he's living off his remaining fan base from 2-3 years ago, and they're vanishing every day as G-Unit starts to look more and more formulaic and hip-hop in general continues declining in popularity.  Think about the "GRODT" soundtrack from 2 years ago (which went Plat quickly and then dropped off the charts), and I'd say it's not unreasonable to think those are the kinds of numbers he's probably gonna have to expect nowadays.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 09:37:48 AM »
The golden era of Aftermath is over. Musically and commercially, that's just what it is. I think they will both have similiar sales, around 2x plat in the US.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rik

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 09:42:32 AM »
So all the morons who order music online are ordering Kanye? The internet is full of 50 haters. When those junior high white kids get out of school on the 11th, they gonna buy 50's album. Anyone who thinks Kanye even has a chance of out selling 50, is a moron. 50 will double Kanye's sales easily.

You're probably gonna kill yourself if 50 retires. Aren't you
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:52:18 AM by Ruger Rik »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 09:47:15 AM »

If you're a fan of an artist and you like their newest album, you want to see them sell well because you think they make good music and you want to see them get what they deserve.  It's part of what being a fan is about.  In this case, tho, it's more about the fact that everyone hates 50 for being such a dick (no homo) and want to see him fail to meet his own hype so that he'll look like a dumbfuck once again (although I doubt he's seriously gonna retire if his album doesn't outsell Kanye's in the first week).

Anyway, to everyone who thinks it's certain that 50 will outsell Kanye because of the "teeny boppers"...think again.  G-Unit is not in the same position anymore that they were at the beginning of '05.  Remember when "Disco Inferno" came out three months before "The Massacre" and immediately jumped to the top of the charts?  Same with "Candy Shop"?  None of 50's singles are doing the same.  When was the last time you even heard anyone bumping 50's music, anyway?  At this point, he's living off his remaining fan base from 2-3 years ago, and they're vanishing every day as G-Unit starts to look more and more formulaic and hip-hop in general continues declining in popularity.  Think about the "GRODT" soundtrack from 2 years ago (which went Plat quickly and then dropped off the charts), and I'd say it's not unreasonable to think those are the kinds of numbers he's probably gonna have to expect nowadays.
real spit +1...how bout shootin me a deal on some stones homie...

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 07:53:11 PM »
Remember when "Disco Inferno" came out three months before "The Massacre" and immediately jumped to the top of the charts?  Same with "Candy Shop"?  None of 50's singles are doing the same.

I guess the streets and the charts are really, really, really, two completely different ball games. Becuz when Candy Shop was out, never heard that play outta a nigga's car's, but if I had a dolla for every car that passes who's playin' 'Get Money', I'd be gettin' 50 bucks a day. And that shit's just within an hour.

Damn, shit is sad.