Author Topic: I gotta admit, i've slept on...AKA Rap A Lot appreciation thread  (Read 1855 times)

Soopahigh

Brad Jordan aka Mr Scarface,

Damn i've been listening to The Worls is yours, The diary and Untouchable straight and they are all classics !
I still gotta hear the Last of a dying breed but i gotta say that i know it's gonna be the shit.
I already heard The Fix and it's dope too so maybe yall can tell me if i've missed something ?
Maybe i should listen to other Getto Boys too ? Can somebody school me ?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:50:39 AM by soopahigh iz Active »

Soopahigh

Re: I gotta admit, i've slept on...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 02:54:59 AM »

HE is The REAL King of the south. I mean i really dig TI,Ludacris and all but he is the king of the south.

Any favourite i should check out first ?

Soopahigh

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 03:15:34 AM »
ummm... you mean which Scarface or Geto Boys album?

mos def start off with Scarface's debut "Mr. Scarface Is Back" as well as Geto Boys "Grip It On That Other Level" album... they both have that late 80's, early 90's grimey sound to them.

I mean everything thats scarface related.

Soopahigh

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 06:26:49 AM »
does he have any project coming ?

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 06:31:01 AM »
Yeah Face is the man. Definitely one of my favorites. You in for a treat when you listen to Last Of A Dying Breed. That one is on some other shit. Geto Boys too, check out all of it. But alot of the Scarface albums past the Fix have been just leftovers J Prince has put together and they have not been as good.

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 07:53:06 AM »
we can't be stopped by geto boys is so dope.

also i suggest

scarface - my homies (fuck faces 8))

willie d - i'm goin out like a soldier

geto boys - grip it on that other level

Soopahigh

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 07:58:04 AM »
Are buschwick or willie D dope too ?

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 08:11:22 AM »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 08:14:23 AM »

HE is The REAL King of the south. I mean i really dig TI,Ludacris and all but he is the king of the south.

I always thought he was the king of the south and altho TI and ludacris arent ready to take that corwn altho luda been aornd for a hwile now. To me Scarface is more like a legend ....he is past his prime tho. Myabe a king or the kings should be OUtskast??

Soopahigh

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »

I always thought he was the king of the south and altho TI and ludacris arent ready to take that corwn altho luda been aornd for a hwile now. To me Scarface is more like a legend ....he is past his prime tho. Myabe a king or the kings should be OUtskast??

I see where you coming from, Face is definately a legend no doubt about that.

Listening to scarface made me realise how underrated is N.O Joe as a producer. He made so many dope beats on Face and others album  :o

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 08:26:03 AM »
IF PAC FUCKED WITH HIM AND ADMIRED HIM THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SUMTHING....

d-nice

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 08:26:22 AM »

Well the last actual Scarface album was The Fix so I would like to hear a new album from him. The Product, Soopahigh, is dope also, check that out too if you haven't already.

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 08:31:01 AM »

Listening to scarface made me realise how underrated is N.O Joe as a producer. He made so many dope beats on Face and others album  :o

N.O. Joe and John Bido are very underrated. Bido especially. I dig the work Joe did on Ice Cube's War Disc.

Soopahigh

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 08:31:42 AM »
IF PAC FUCKED WITH HIM AND ADMIRED HIM THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SUMTHING....

You're right, my bad  ;)

Soopahigh

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 08:33:27 AM »

N.O. Joe and John Bido are very underrated. Bido especially. I dig the work Joe did on Ice Cube's War Disc.

I'll check it out later.
Who's john Bido, i ain't never heard of him ???