Poll

The Hitman or The Heartbreak Kid?

Bret Hart
24 (66.7%)
Shawn Michaels
12 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels...Who was the better wrestler?  (Read 481 times)

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
Re: Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels...Who was the better wrestler?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »
Why should it have been a work? I mean where was the payoff then? What did Bret Hart gain from it?

I could think about some worked controversial ending, that would "warrant" the film team that used to follow Bret Hart like a year or so (that movie was no WWF production so maybe it was some sort of bonus that Vince allowed Bret to film there), but not in that form that we know. I mean like I said, how would Bret Hart profit from that? I donīt think that he would agree to do something like that when it doesnīt do him any good, especially when it puts over Shawn Michaels who is known to not be Hartīs best friend and vice versa. Also, if WCW would have handled the whole situation like they should then they would have profited WAY MORE from Hart than they did. What did he do there? He made a little noise, if at all, and then joined the NWO. WOW. Vince definitely knew that and didnīt want to give his enemy such a perfect opportunity to further bury him rating-wise. After all, I think itīs safe to say that Vince had major financial troubles back then and they only turned the tables by accident. They never thought about Austin to turn into that monster heel - hence kicking off the attitude era - as far as I know.

About the actual question of the thread.
I voted for Bret Hart but it should be said what you think a wrestler is made of. If you say wrestler as in the WWF/E sense, as in entertaining and puttin people in seats then neither HBK nor Hart were the best, then Hulk Hogan was the best wrestler ever. Then again how often have you seen Hogan do a suplex for example and if you have seen him do one, would you want to see it again? lol

To me a wrestler is someone who not only has a great technical ability but also knows how to make moves look like a million bucks. Look at Bret Hartīs snap suplex for example (at 16:45 in this great match .) Besides that I want a wrestler to tell me a story in the ring, someone who uses ring psychology and makes him and also his opponent look good. Bret Hart was always great at selling injuries (WM X comes to mind where he sold the leg injury from his opener with Owen all the way through to the main event.)

In the end he was the total package to me, someone who was great at everything, sure there were/are people who were better at this or that but as a whole package he was the best. He had charisma, was way over, knew how to sell, knew how to make his offensive look great (his punches were always one of the best), knew how to protect him and his opponent in the ring.

I consider HBK more of an entertainer and thatīs saying something because he is a great wrestler too so that means that his entertaining side is perfect. Bret is just more the total package and for me the better wrestler.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 06:01:52 PM by daWappla »

herpes

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 12:11:46 AM »
Bret Hart was able to pull off a hell of a match vs Diesel at 1995 Survivor Series. 

shawn did the same at a in your house ppv in june of 96.  To be honest I always thought Owen >>>> Bret.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 05:52:59 AM »
There's a lot of high flyers in wrestling, some that can even do it better than Michaels ever did.  You can't really say that with Bret Hart and his style of wrestling. 

No kidding...But the fact that Michaels was a great wrestler AND was willing to put his body on the line puts him up there with Bret.

He takes painkillers and steroids, c'mon.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 08:22:28 AM »
Bret Hart was able to pull off a hell of a match vs Diesel at 1995 Survivor Series. 

shawn did the same at a in your house ppv in june of 96.  To be honest I always thought Owen >>>> Bret.

Yeah wreslting wise because Owen incorporated high fly stuff but i mean the hole character, the hole package Bret was better.

herpes

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 10:33:27 AM »

Yeah wreslting wise because Owen incorporated high fly stuff but i mean the hole character, the hole package Bret was better.

I dont think so, I always thought Owen was better on the mic too.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »
There's a lot of high flyers in wrestling, some that can even do it better than Michaels ever did.  You can't really say that with Bret Hart and his style of wrestling. 

No kidding...But the fact that Michaels was a great wrestler AND was willing to put his body on the line puts him up there with Bret.

wheres ur proof that he takes steroids?

Sikotic™

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 11:08:10 PM »
I honestly don't know. Both of them are great. Bret Hart is one of the best technical mat wrestlers ever. HBK had the total package though. I gotta go with him by a hair.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Paul

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 05:32:21 AM »
Kinda on a tangent, but has anyone hear heard the rumor that the Montreal Screwjob was ALL AN ANGLE, and that Bret was in on it?

i really dont think it was, if it was its a masterstroke by vince
funkyfreshintheflesh

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 01:51:59 PM »

LOL...Who doesn't?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 02:54:21 PM »

LOL...Who doesn't?

Everybody does. You can't take so much punishment without being on drugs. Anyway Bret is one of the TOP-5 wrestlers EVER.