Author Topic: Plies´ "The Real Testament" Makes Stunning Chart Debut On The Billboard 200  (Read 183 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Big Gates/Slip-N-Slide/Atlantic recording artist Plies has made an explosive chart debut with his debut album, "The Real Testament." The collection - which features the blockbuster hit single, "Shawty (Feat. T-Pain)" - entered the Billboard 200 at #2.

Hailed as "one of the realest you will ever know," Plies has already established a phenomenal underground and street presence on the strength of his infamous mixtapes and live show. For his major label debut, the MC relays tales of street struggle, making money, and ghetto queens - what he refers to as "reality music." "When people get this CD, they gon' live by it," proclaims Plies. The Ft. Myers, Florida-bred rapper recently heralded the release of "The Real Testament" with a whirlwind promo tour of Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas, visiting 10 cities (including Ft. Myers, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, Savannah, Charlotte, and Columbia) in just four days.

"Shawty (Feat. T-Pain)" is without doubt one of the summer's biggest hip-hop smashes, now ranking at #1 with-a-bullet at Urban radio outlets nationwide, exceeding 10,000 spins. The single is also currently #2 on Billboard's "Hot Rap Tracks" chart, as well as #5 on the "Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs" tally. A true crossover hit, "Shawty" is also ascending Billboard's "Hot 100," coming in as the week's biggest "Airplay Gainer" to land at #12.

The ringtone for "Shawty" is proving equally popular, coming in this week as the #1 Ringback tone on T-Mobile's "Top 25," while climbing to #3 on Billboard's "Hot RingMasters" chart.

Furthermore, the "Shawty" companion video is a sensation, hitting #1 on BET after scoring top 10 play on both 106 & Park and Rap City. Last week, Plies celebrated the release of "The Real Testament" with a pair of visits to 106 & Park, including an explosive live performance alongside T-Pain.

Plies and "Shawty" are also blowing up across the MTV spectrum, scoring "Big 10" rotation at MTV, "Elite 8" at MTV2, "Cum Laude" at mtvU, and "Sizzlin" at MTV Jams. Plies was also among MTV's recent crop of "Discover & Download" artists. As if that weren't enough, the "Shawty" clip made its Music Choice debut in the #1 spot, entering the channel's rotation as the week's most "demanded" music video.

With "Shawty" blazing through the summer, Plies is already set to unveil his second single. "Hypnotized (Feat. Akon)" is slated to impact at multi-format radio outlets in mid-September.

Online, Plies is blowing up at MySpace, where he is currently ranked as the #6 artist overall, as well as #4 on the "Top Hip-Hop Major Artist" list. His page - located at www.myspace.com/plies - is among the site's most popular, with assorted tracks logging over 12 million streams thus far. Also, a devoted channel recently launched at YouTube, with a variety of videos and exclusive content available at www.youtube.com/PliesWorld.

Plies will be featured in a wide variety of national publications, including the covers of the August issue of Ozone magazine and the September/October issue of Down Magazine. In addition, "Shawty" was just named the year's "Best Rap/R&B Collaboration" at the 2nd Annual Ozone Magazine Awards, held earlier this week at 2007 TJ's DJ's Tastemaker DJ/Music Conference in Miami. Plies received further Ozone nominations for "Mixtape Monster Award" and "Most Slept-On Artist."
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Lunatic

not even 100K 1st week, what a huge debut ::)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BritneySpears

Damn, I didn't see that coming. Good for him!

A #2 debut is damn good if you ask me!

wcsoldier

Number Positions don't mean shit ... and this dude  is WACK

Lunatic

who exactly did he beat out to get 2?? lol

BritneySpears

Everybody, except UGK ;) I doubt he's making a lot per unit, but it's good for him that he has a succesful debut :)

Lunatic

Everybody, except UGK ;) I doubt he's making a lot per unit, but it's good for him that he has a succesful debut :)

he was like 1 of the only dudes 2 come out lol...if he beat UGK that would of been somethin

BritneySpears

he was like 1 of the only dudes 2 come out lol...if he beat UGK that would of been somethin

I'm just saying that #2 is something that you can come home with

d-nice

The album is knockin beat wise

BritneySpears

I could care less about the album. I thought it was kinda wacky to be honest :P

d-nice

I could care less about the album. I thought it was kinda wacky to be honest :P

Right Right.