Author Topic: Article I wrote for the World Student Press Agency about the Taliban  (Read 321 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Article I wrote for the World Student Press Agency about the Taliban
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 10:41:56 PM »
  Drug use is a victim less crime.     

::)

Youre confusing the war on drugs in America with Afghanistan. In America, the war on drugs is different, because the American is the consumer. You cannot stop consumption. In Afghanistan, the Afghan is the producer. You CAN stop production.

See producing drugs is not victim less, because you create a black market economy that under mines the regular economy, you create drug kingpins and warlords that reduce the power of the govt to work effeciently, this leads to fragmentation of the country, the breakdown of the rule of law, and authority. which is the last thing Afghanistan needs right now.

As for the poppy ban, it ended precisely because the Taliban enforced it by rule of gun. it had nothing to do with islamic virtue. the taliban allowed the practise for years before they realized it wasnt in the nations best interest (they were seeking intl recognition). they even issued a fatwa saying it was okay to produce opium because it was kuffar that was consuming it  ;D.  why do you think the people were willing to follow it? cuz they had no choice
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »
Infinite, we know you have jumped on the whole libertarian shit... and your whole argument is revolving around that... but it is foolish to assume that such policies in this context, under these conditions, would be successful.... like Tech said, Afghanistan (especially in its current condition) is a whole 'nother ball game.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 05:56:56 AM »
Infinite, we know you have jumped on the whole libertarian shit... and your whole argument is revolving around that... but it is foolish to assume that such policies in this context, under these conditions, would be successful.... like Tech said, Afghanistan (especially in its current condition) is a whole 'nother ball game.

Yes, I'm sure Jamal that if your solutions for Afghanistan were agreed upon by a government in power that they would be able to execute those plans efficiently and Afghans would live happily ever after.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 06:08:22 AM »

Youre confusing the war on drugs in America with Afghanistan. In America, the war on drugs is different, because the American is the consumer. You cannot stop consumption. In Afghanistan, the Afghan is the producer. You CAN stop production.

See producing drugs is not victim less, because you create a black market economy that under mines the regular economy, you create drug kingpins and warlords that reduce the power of the govt to work effeciently, this leads to fragmentation of the country, the breakdown of the rule of law, and authority. which is the last thing Afghanistan needs right now.

As for the poppy ban, it ended precisely because the Taliban enforced it by rule of gun. it had nothing to do with islamic virtue. the taliban allowed the practise for years before they realized it wasnt in the nations best interest (they were seeking intl recognition). they even issued a fatwa saying it was okay to produce opium because it was kuffar that was consuming it  ;D.  why do you think the people were willing to follow it? cuz they had no choice

Legal drug trade in the private sector of Afghanistan does not undermine the government anymore that legal sales of coffee would, or legal sales of natural gas.  Or anything that is privatized, owned, and ran outside of the governments bureaucracy.

As far as the Taliban, they clearly ran a more efficient government than Karzai is running.  Because the country had greater security, and they were able to enforce a ban on poppy where Karzia could not and is totally ineffective.  So, now why do you think that is?  Could it possibly be that the Taliban represented something that the people respected more than a puppet administration ran by the United States?

But again, my drug trade argument and my Taliban argument are separate topics.  So let me re-state my positions clearly.

On The Taliban

I'm basically saying that outside influences need to GET OUT of Afghanistan all together, and let the people work out for themselves what kind of government they want, and if they want the Taliban in power, then that is their prerogative; it is not for King Bush to decide who is the good guy and who is the bad guy.

On The Drug Trade

My drug trade argument was that drugs are a victim less crime, the whole industry should be privatized and government should stay out of it.  That goes for any country.  A war on drugs only fills prisons with non-violent drug offenders and causes the trade to go out of the hands of businessmen, and into the hands of gangsters/warlords/Mafia's.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:10:28 AM by Harry Browne »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 02:14:04 PM »

Yes, I'm sure Jamal that if your solutions for Afghanistan were agreed upon by a government in power that they would be able to execute those plans efficiently and Afghans would live happily ever after.   

What are you talking about.... where did I even offer any solutions... you're being unrealistic and retarded.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 03:14:01 PM »

Legal drug trade in the private sector of Afghanistan does not undermine the government anymore that legal sales of coffee would, or legal sales of natural gas.  Or anything that is privatized, owned, and ran outside of the governments bureaucracy.

As far as the Taliban, they clearly ran a more efficient government than Karzai is running.  Because the country had greater security, and they were able to enforce a ban on poppy where Karzia could not and is totally ineffective.  So, now why do you think that is?  Could it possibly be that the Taliban represented something that the people respected more than a puppet administration ran by the United States?

But again, my drug trade argument and my Taliban argument are separate topics.  So let me re-state my positions clearly.

On The Taliban

I'm basically saying that outside influences need to GET OUT of Afghanistan all together, and let the people work out for themselves what kind of government they want, and if they want the Taliban in power, then that is their prerogative; it is not for King Bush to decide who is the good guy and who is the bad guy.

On The Drug Trade

My drug trade argument was that drugs are a victim less crime, the whole industry should be privatized and government should stay out of it.  That goes for any country.  A war on drugs only fills prisons with non-violent drug offenders and causes the trade to go out of the hands of businessmen, and into the hands of gangsters/warlords/Mafia's.

1. Read up on Afghanistan's history, and then realize that you'd be looking at another century of civil war.

2. Like I said: your libertarian views may be applicable if we were talking about the global drug trade as a whole, but it is foolish to assume that Afghanistan in its current situation could come out and say "we want to legalize the drug trade"... you're living in a fantasy world. Like Tech said, "You're confusing the war on drugs in America with the one in Afghanistan". Do I agree with your view? Of course. Do I think it's realistic? Hell no.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »
they were able to enforce a ban on poppy where Karzia could not and is totally ineffective. 

LOL @ you believing Karzai is actually trying to eradicate that shit

LOL @ this fudgepacker