Author Topic: Bone "Art Of War" Appreciation Thread...  (Read 464 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Bone "Art Of War" Appreciation Thread...
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Few things:

I really like Art of War.  Lots of dope music, but no doubt that there is filler on there.  But I agree completely that it's Bone's last relevant work. 

It's not better than Life After Death, and Wu Forever is an incredible album as well.  For me personally, at the time when these were released, I listened to LOD the most, then AOW, then WF.  But all were great albums regardless.  But props for highlighting AOW, Bone was such an incredible group, completely unlike anything before them and they inspired lots of biters.

And for the record, I thought "Change The World" was wack.  To me, it was contrived and an obvious ride off of "Tha Crossroads".  I skip that joint 9 times outta 10.

Eihtball its good to see your black ass on this board.  Theres some cats that need some game on this shit.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 04:00:45 AM »
You've basically just admitted the only difference between Bone and Biggie is that Bone settled for just violence and drugs instead of violence, drugs, and women.  There was NOTHING more original about Bone's lyrical content, only their style. 

Bone's content was unique, not only were they rare for never talking women in their raps, there content was also darker and more psychedelic.  You have the talk of weiji boards and spirits and all that underworld type ish, not to mention they were from Cleveland which is another aspect that makes them unique in their content and presentation.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 04:12:46 AM by Harry Browne »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Paul

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 08:41:46 AM »
You've basically just admitted the only difference between Bone and Biggie is that Bone settled for just violence and drugs instead of violence, drugs, and women.  There was NOTHING more original about Bone's lyrical content, only their style. 

Bone's content was unique, not only were they rare for never talking women in their raps, there content was also darker and more psychedelic.  You have the talk of weiji boards and spirits and all that underworld type ish, not to mention they were from Cleveland which is another aspect that makes them unique in their content and presentation.

i agree with u harry
funkyfreshintheflesh

Narrator

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »

Talking about Mr. Ouija in skits does not count as "lyrical content".  Three-6 Mafia also talked about that kinda shit in their earliest albums, which is why they later accused Bone of biting their style.  Everything you've described characterizes their style, not "content".  You obviously don't know what that term means.

I like Bone, but saying Biggie is overrated compared to them is retarded.  Your only justification is that Biggie had tracks aimed at the women, and since you're a typical sexually unsure Muslim who sees women the same way that the Pashtun do, it figures your cracker ass would get upset with that.  Besides, why the fuck are you contradicting me?  Do you realize that contradicting my words can get your hands hacked off?  NEVER disagree with the will of Allah (who prefers Biggie over Bone) and NEVER contradict me again.  You submit to ME, Yakub Crew scum. *pimp-slaps the cracker*

RUF is the future!  Fuck with us and we take your hands!

i agree with u harry

Shut the fuck up, or I send one of my niggas to slice off your hands.  RUF, bitch!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 05:16:48 PM by Foday-muh'fuckin-Sankoh, bitch! »

Citizen-Y

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 08:08:09 AM »

Talking about Mr. Ouija in skits does not count as "lyrical content".  Three-6 Mafia also talked about that kinda shit in their earliest albums, which is why they later accused Bone of biting their style.  Everything you've described characterizes their style, not "content".  You obviously don't know what that term means.

I like Bone, but saying Biggie is overrated compared to them is retarded.  Your only justification is that Biggie had tracks aimed at the women, and since you're a typical sexually unsure Muslim who sees women the same way that the Pashtun do, it figures your cracker ass would get upset with that.  Besides, why the fuck are you contradicting me?  Do you realize that contradicting my words can get your hands hacked off?  NEVER disagree with the will of Allah (who prefers Biggie over Bone) and NEVER contradict me again.  You submit to ME, Yakub Crew scum. *pimp-slaps the cracker*

RUF is the future!  Fuck with us and we take your hands!

i agree with u harry

Shut the fuck up, or I send one of my niggas to slice off your hands.  RUF, bitch!

You are my second favorite gimmick on this board.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 03:17:02 PM »
I was a bit disappointed with it when it came out simply because I was expecting more COAC/E1999 type material but nowadays I can appreciate it. It really got me hyped for the solo albums by the individual members cause I liked each of the solo songs. Now Krayzie and Bizzy have both dropped very good albums, Layzie´s was a bit behind and Wish still (and probably never will) doesn´t have an album out - although I really liked his solo track.

Jakubs

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »
Bone Thugs were my favorite group when I started listening to rap. Art Of War is definitely a nice album, not a classic, and has a decent amount of filler. There are enough good songs to make up for it, and I still listen to it to this day. I prefer the first disc, the second disc sounded to disjointed. As for the best double album of all time, I would have to go with All Eyez On Me, and then it's a toss up after that.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake