Author Topic: DJ MUGGS Vs.SICK JACKEN SEPTEMBER 11, 2007  (Read 47 times)

805Cyclone

DJ MUGGS Vs.SICK JACKEN SEPTEMBER 11, 2007
« on: August 21, 2007, 04:05:08 PM »
DJ MUGGS Vs.SICK JACKEN BRING YOU
"LEGEND OF THE MASK AND THE ASSASSIN"

DJ MUGGS - iconic producer, Angeles Records CEO, Mash up radio personality, pioneer and founder of Hip-Hop super group Cypress Hill, has decided to collaborate with SICK JACKEN of The Psycho Realm, the Los Angeles rap group started in 1989 by brothers Jacken (Jack Gonzalez) and Duke (Gustavo Gonzalez), who have enjoyed a religious fan base that follows Jacken and the group everywhere.

In 1993 B-Real saw Psycho Realm performing at Olvera Street for an End Barrio Warfare concert. Their performance inspired B-Real to the point that he wanted to join the group. With this time period being the height of Cypress Hill's career, anything Cypress Hill related would get major publicity, and now Jacken has taken it a step further and teamed up with DJ Muggs to continue the legacy of influential creative classics with the new album "LEGEND OF THE MASK AND THE ASSASSIN" out on Rebel Music group/ Universal Latin, Jacken's joint venture with Universal Music Latino (August 21st 2007).

The album idea was conceived during a UNITY event, which is the mobile festival, property of the Soul Assassins collective. Jacken's current underground super group Sick Symphonies was an overwhelming hit with the audience and their loyal fans who were wall to wall at the sold out UNITY festival held at the Knitting Factory November 9th 2006.

When asked why he decided to create an album with Jack, Muggs exclaims "Jack is the illest on the West Coast underground right now with a legion of loyal fans second to none in L.A. We have the same music sensibility and same goals to keep the music hardcore. This is what attracted me to the music in the first place. You couldn't sound, look like, or use another artist's style. If you did you were considered wack. Now everybody is cloned from one another and we refuse to fall into that category. This is one of the most original creative albums I've ever been involved in." Jack also expresses the fact that..." A project with Muggs is going to open up doors for me as an independent artist. We have proved record sales in the L.A. market up in the 30,000's. That's with no promotion, distribution, or agents! Working with Muggs was a great learning experience. When you work with someone that is that talented and has that much knowledge of the game, it helps you see things on another level. He also gave me a lot of creative freedom, which I enjoyed." - Jacken

The new and improved dynamic duo "LEGEND OF THE MASK AND THE ASSASSIN" promises to bring you a classic concept / story-based album thriller, that's a real street record for the people. "Muggs does Muggs. I can't say he took it back to the raw sound 'cause he never lost it, it's that dark classic pioneering Muggs sound that everyone loves to hear over and over again." - Jacken

The first two singles "Mask and the Assassin" and "El Barrio" which is the Latin crossover single, are hitting the streets Aug 7th. Don't sleep on these two charters or else you might get paid a visit from the Mask and the Assassin when you least expect it! Be prepared for the full album by September 11th 2007!!!

CHECK OUT THE TRAILER HERE!!!