Author Topic: Security Guards Can Be Worse Than Cops.  (Read 190 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Security Guards Can Be Worse Than Cops.
« on: September 27, 2007, 10:37:59 AM »
Check the link for the video...

High School Security Guards Accused of Excessive ForceStudents, Parents to Protest Friday

By Leo Stallworth

PALMDALE, Sept. 26, 2007 (KABC-TV) - Three teens and a mother are arrested after a scuffle with security guards at Knight High School in Palmdale. An investigation is underway as to whether excessive force was used by the guards.

One of the students arrested caught the whole thing on video. The incident was instigated over cake.

It was a birthday party at Knight High School in Palmdale. Early last week, during lunch hour, students say the cake dropped, and then everything else dropped. There was mayhem and chaos. On the heels of this incident, a group of parents and students plan to hold a protest on Friday.

This is exclusive video that a student at William P. Knight High School in East Palmdale used his cell phone to capture video of 16-year-old Pleajhia Mervin being arrested by campus police early last week.

Mervin says a security guard slammed her against a table at a lunchroom at the high school and twisted her arms behind her back so violently, he broke her wrist. Her wrist is in a cast.

"He put my arm behind my back and he started raising it until it hurt, so I told him, 'Stop, it hurts.' He had slammed me on the table and told me to hold still. He called me a 'nappy-head,' and that's when I just started crying," said Mervin.

Mervin claims she was roughed up simply because she failed to pick up every crumb of a birthday cake she accidentally dropped on the floor of the lunchroom during a lunch-hour birthday celebration for a friend. She says she thought she cleaned up the mess, but the security guard thought otherwise.

"He said, 'You have to come pick the rest of this cake up.' So I said, 'I picked it up.' He gets on his walkie-talkie, he got a call, so I just started walking to class, and that's when he grabbed me," said Mervin.

Mervin says when the security guard realized he was being videotaped, he tackled the student shooting the video. She says another student captured photographs of that incident. She says the whole incident was unnecessary.

"I think that he could have had a better way of cuffing me and throwing me on the table," said Mervin.

Mervin's mother, Latrisha Majors, said when she rushed to the school demanding to see her daughter, she was accused of battering the principal. She says she was then arrested and forced to spend the night in jail.

"This has caused such a disruption in my life," said Majors. "I try to explain this, but I can't. The 'nappy-head' thing, she doesn't understand that there is prejudice going on every day, all day long. It's not right.

School officials had this to say:

"Good afternoon. I can just comment we did have an incident at our school last week. However, I would like to emphasize that we do have a safe campus. I've been working with our staff, with my district office staff, community leaders, and parents, to ensure that we continue to keep our campus safe for all students, but I want people to know that our focus here is academic excellence for all students," said Dr. Susan McDonald, principal of Knight High School.

Pleajhia Mervin has been expelled from school. She will have to go to an expulsion hearing. She says she's even been accused of battering the security guard, and was ticketed for littering. Her mother says she has retained a lawyer from the Cochran firm and plans to sue the school district. A group of parents, students and community activists plan to protest outside the school on Friday morning.

Disgusting.

swangin and bangin

Re: Security Guards Can Be Worse Than Cops.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 12:33:22 PM »
lol
at our skool this freshmen kid got into a fight, the skool cop grabbed his arm and tossed his little ass to the floor and cuffed him up

it was hilarious

BANANAS

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 04:47:17 PM »
security guards ARE worse than cops. usually theyre the ones who are too fucking stupid or out of shape to become real pigs

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »
^^The thing with that is, some of them are actually cool people who can't find other jobs...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 12:05:45 AM »
^^The thing with that is, some of them are actually cool people who can't find other jobs...

yep, same with cops though.

i've met more good cops than bad, but i hear more bad cop stories than good

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »

yep, same with cops though.

i've met more good cops than bad, but i hear more bad cop stories than good

-T

They probably fool you into thinking they're good. Cops can act like that...Or who knows. But with cops, I don't think they take the job because it's all that's available...They have to go through intense training and what not. Cops go for their position knowing that they're gunna have authority over everyone. A lot of people use that as their main motivation to become cops, which results in many disturbing people letting their authority get out of control.

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »
Yeah unfortunately there is good and bad with almost anything, but most security guards that are assholes like that want to be cops so bad you give them any authority and they just run with it. Even if they are helping the police file a report they act like they are one of them. LOL!

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 10:03:17 AM »
This thread reminds me of Day Day in Friday After Next when him and Craig were "Top Flight Security".  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 10:05:50 AM »
This thread reminds me of Day Day in Friday After Next when him and Craig were "Top Flight Security".  ;D

Exactly...That was classic.