Author Topic: Kobe is selfish. He's not a team player. He's not a leader.  (Read 1069 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Kobe is selfish. He's not a team player. He's not a leader.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 09:20:03 PM »
Let's not pretend all of those 11 other niggas have great players and relevant teams to play with at home. In fact, most of them don't.

Lebron - made it to the finals
Billups & Prince - made it to the ECF
D. Williams - made it to the WCF
Kidd & Stoudemire- atleast made it to the semis in their conferences

^ I'd say those guys are fine with their teams. If not let's see how well they do on the Lakers without Kobe. Even Melo has a pretty nice team, they just had the hardest possible first round math up.

Now you have an argument for Redd, Howard, Chandler, and Miller. But NONE of those guys stand a chance of being on Kobe's level. Kobe is trying to add to his already impressive resume to leave behind a great legacy when he retires in 6-8 years.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WC Iz Active

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 10:41:23 PM »
^^I think Kobe will play longer than another 6-8 years lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 11:07:12 PM »
lol, the lesson he hopefully learned is obvious if he wasnts to win again...

ppg

21.2- Carmelo Anthony
18.1- Lebron James
15.3- Kobe Bryant

rpg

5.2-Carmelo Anthony
3.6- Lebron James
2.0- Kobe Bryant

FG%

76.0%- Lebron James
61.3%- Carmelo Anthony
54.8%- Kobe Bryant

Apg

4.7- Lebron James
2.9- Kobe Braynt
1.4- Carmelo Anthony

spg

1.6- Kobe Bryant
1.5- Lebron James
.67-Carmelo Anthony

he's probably the best player in the world, however if you want to win with him on your team you need another player at the helm.

What are you tryna prove with those stats? Kobe's been the floor leader, focused on running the sets for other players and expending his energies on defense. He's been clearly the best player on the court in this tournement, head-and-shoulders above the rest, so what's your point, hater?

how has he been the best? yeah he's been a vital addition to the team, and with him on it i believe it's the boost it'll take to get a gold medal in the olympics, but do you watch the games ,lol.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »

ppg

21.2- Carmelo Anthony
18.1- Lebron James
15.3- Kobe Bryant

rpg

5.2-Carmelo Anthony
3.6- Lebron James
2.0- Kobe Bryant

FG%

76.0%- Lebron James
61.3%- Carmelo Anthony
54.8%- Kobe Bryant

Apg

4.7- Lebron James
2.9- Kobe Braynt
1.4- Carmelo Anthony

spg

1.6- Kobe Bryant
1.5- Lebron James
.67-Carmelo Anthony

he's probably the best player in the world, however if you want to win with him on your team you need another player at the helm.

What are you tryna prove with those stats? Kobe's been the floor leader, focused on running the sets for other players and expending his energies on defense. He's been clearly the best player on the court in this tournement, head-and-shoulders above the rest, so what's your point, hater?

how has he been the best? yeah he's been a vital addition to the team, and with him on it i believe it's the boost it'll take to get a gold medal in the olympics, but do you watch the games ,lol.

Well those stats are remarkably similar to how Jordan was with the 1992 team, where Barkley was the scoring leader over Jordan and Bird.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 01:49:58 AM »
i think homie has matured and he's not getting the credit for it...I have never been a Kobe fan,To be honest i hated this cat since day one for the way i felt he disrespected the game/league when he was drafted. I feel you shouldnt be able to pick and choose who you play for on draft day. I also watched an interview with him early in his career where he came off like an asshole. Claiming he didnt want to associate with his team mates cause it wasnt a requirement and this and that. However,with that shit said I feel like Kobe has matured and grown since then. Im only judging by what i see/read but its what i see.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 02:34:58 AM »

ppg

21.2- Carmelo Anthony
18.1- Lebron James
15.3- Kobe Bryant

rpg

5.2-Carmelo Anthony
3.6- Lebron James
2.0- Kobe Bryant

FG%

76.0%- Lebron James
61.3%- Carmelo Anthony
54.8%- Kobe Bryant

Apg

4.7- Lebron James
2.9- Kobe Braynt
1.4- Carmelo Anthony

spg

1.6- Kobe Bryant
1.5- Lebron James
.67-Carmelo Anthony

Well those stats are remarkably similar to how Jordan was with the 1992 team, where Barkley was the scoring leader over Jordan and Bird.

BING-O, that's what i'm saying, i'm hoping kobe learned that he doesn't need to be #1 (ala jordan barcelona) to be apart of a successful team.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 02:37:46 AM »
also that was barkley in his absolute prime . true story.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 04:34:23 AM »
Kobe is still the man and hands down the best overall player in the league

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 11:03:06 AM »
No more Pilates in his hotel room with the Nets point guard.

“I wore out his ass,” Kobe bragged.

-------------------------------------------------------------

What. The. Fuck.

Don't get too excited. He didn't mean it in the way you'd like him to, bro.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 11:04:23 AM »
^^I think Kobe will play longer than another 6-8 years lol

I agree...No way Kobe retires when he's 35 with that work-ethic/drive....PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »
but do you watch the games ,lol.

LMAO...You asked how he's been the best, then you asked someone if they've watched the games? AHAHAH. It's pretty obvious here who's been watching and who's been reading the stats. Kobe's been HEAD-AND-SHOULDERS above everyone else in the FIBA tourny...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »
i think homie has matured and he's not getting the credit for it...I have never been a Kobe fan,To be honest i hated this cat since day one for the way i felt he disrespected the game/league when he was drafted. I feel you shouldnt be able to pick and choose who you play for on draft day. see/read but its what i see.

Huh? Kobe made it clear to Jerry West that he would only skip Duke if he could play for the Lakers. Charlotte drafted him knowing that so that they could trade him for Divac. It's not like he deceived anyone...And I'd like to see that interview you're talking about as well...Sounds fishy...PeACe

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 11:31:23 AM »
And I'd like to see that interview you're talking about as well...Sounds fishy...PeACe
Im pretty sure it was right before or just as Shaq became a Laker...He was asked why he didnt socialize with the team outside of the game and shit. He said something to the effect that it wasnt necessary to be loved by his team mates just as long as they win. Anyway he came off as a douchebag and thats one of the reasons i didnt like dude. Also i still think its bullshit for anyone to dictate to the league where and when he's going to play,whatever the reason. Like I said though, I believe Kobe has grown alot and even though he is a laker i am becoming a fan of his... even if he hasnt grown or matured i would still have respect for the guy as a player and believe he's getting some undeserved hate.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 11:31:44 AM »

LMAO...You asked how he's been the best, then you asked someone if they've watched the games? AHAHAH. It's pretty obvious here who's been watching and who's been reading the stats. Kobe's been HEAD-AND-SHOULDERS above everyone else in the FIBA tourny...PeACe

lol

in the FIBA tourny

Carmelo>Kobe
Lebron> Kobe

true story.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 11:41:26 AM »

lol

in the FIBA tourny

Carmelo>Kobe
Lebron> Kobe

true story.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

You realize that even the nutriding MEDIA hasn't been down to make these claims, correct? Kobe owns both ends of the court, you Godamn non-basketball head.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA

Good thing I was there in person to experience Kobe control tempo on both ends and LeBron's mostly-good-for-fast-break-dunks ass fucking plays up.