Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 66046 times)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #480 on: June 09, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Size and weight1
Height:
4.5 inches (115.5 mm)
Width:
2.4 inches (62.1 mm)
Depth:
0.48 inch (12.3 mm)
Weight:
4.7 ounces (133 grams)

Color
8GB model: Black
16GB model: Black or white

Capacity2
8GB or 16GB flash drive
Cellular and wireless
UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
GPS
Assisted GPS
In the box
iPhone 3G
Stereo Headset with mic
Dock Connector to USB Cable
USB Power Adapter
Documentation
Cleaning/polishing cloth
SIM ejector tool

Display
3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi
Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Audio
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
Audio formats supported: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 1, 2, and 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
User-configurable maximum volume limit
Headphones
Stereo earphones with built-in microphone
Impedance: 32 ohms
Video
Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Camera and photos
2.0 megapixels
Photo geotagging
iPhone and third-party application integration

Language support
Language support for English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Polish
International keyboard and dictionary support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), French (Canada), German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean (no dictionary), Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Polish

Connectors and input/output
30-pin dock connector

External buttons and controls
Sleep/wake

Sensors
Accelerometer
Proximity sensor
Ambient light sensor
Power and battery
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery3
Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
Talk time:4
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 10 hours on 2G
Standby time: Up to 300 hours5
Internet use:
Up to 5 hours on 3G6
Up to 6 hours on Wi-Fi7
Video playback: Up to 7 hours8
Audio playback: Up to 24 hours9
Mac system requirements
Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later
iTunes 7.7 or later
Windows system requirements
PC with USB 2.0 port
Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
iTunes 7.7 or later
Environmental requirements
Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

iPhone Accessories

Apple iPhone 3G gets official, world waits for July 11 launch date
http://www.intomobile.com/

Whew, that was an information-packed keynote, wasn't it?

Here's a quick re-cap on what to expect with the new iPhone 3G. The form-factor is mostly the same. Same 3.5-inch multi-touch screen, same button-less face, minimalist design - but with a few changes.

It's thinner at the edges (a la MacBook Air), comes with a glossy-black plastic backing (and a special edition white version available), does 3G speeds with ease, integrated GPS with Google Maps live tracking, and will have even better battery life. How does 24 hours of audio and 5 hours of 3G talktime sound? Yea, we think it's trick too!

Apple will offer their new .Mac replacement, mobile me, for $99 a year after a 60-day trial period. The new mobile me service allows for push everything - email, calendar, contacts, photos. And it syncs almost instantly.

There are going to be some incredible applications and games for the iPhone available through the AppStore - and it looks like free or $9.99 is going to be the pricing structure. At least we won't have to worry about which application is going to be cheaper than another.

Enterprise is fully supported, which is good for business users. And the iPhone 3G's faster data connection should make quick work of all that push emailing to and from your colleagues.

And, the iPhone 3G will launch in 20 countries worldwide on July 11 for $199. Talk about affordable - there won't be any of those "it's too expensive" arguments against the iPhone 3G floating around that we saw last year with the original iPhone's launch.

That's it for now, time to let the fingers catch a break.

Revolution ?  :P

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #481 on: June 09, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »
man i dont know what you are hatting on ... they dropped the price $200 so you can get a new iphone with 3G and GPS with a brand new 2.0 iphone operating system which they keep upgrading... for $199...

these are going to sell like crazy... if you thought alot of us had them at the $399 price tag.

good luck to the rest of the phone industry

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #482 on: June 09, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »
man i dont know what you are hatting on ...
they dropped the price $200 so you can get a new iphone with 3G and GPS
with a brand new 2.0 iphone operating system which they keep upgrading... for $199...

these are going to sell like crazy... if you thought alot of us had them at the $399 price tag.

good luck to the rest of the phone industry

-I´m not hating,but where´s the revolution? (again  :P)
-yes the price is nice,but honestly tell me that you expected a little more.
-and I believe they will sell tons of phone´s,but again a tech revolution?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:10:27 PM by tusken RAIDEr »

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #483 on: June 09, 2008, 06:12:16 PM »
^ Just take a look at the title of this thread... how is that not hatin' or bias?

BTW... The software is the revolutionary part.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #484 on: June 09, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »
^ Just take a look at the title of this thread... how is that not hatin' or bias?

-Am I the thread starter?
NO
-Can Al Bundy the thread starter,change the topic title?
ask Bundy
-Am I biased?
No,I´m just stating the facts  ;)

BTW... The software is the revolutionary part.

:P

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #485 on: June 09, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »
Dude, I'm not getting into this again... but check your own words and tell me they ain't biased...

Plus, who decided that this should be the "cell phone" thread?
Since you decided to move my own posts and reorganize shit around (without asking me mind you),
the least you could do was change the thread's title to something
less biased like "My phone vs. iPhone" or "The mobile phone page" or something.

-I decided to move it over here since there was two threads about iPhone at the time. (remember?)
-Sorry for not asking you first.  :P ;)
-How can I change the thread title? I ain't the thread starter,so again you got to ask Al Bundy (the thread starter).
Fuck it....
I agree that the thread title is biased,so maybe I should ask Bundy then?

Bundy can you change the thread title to;
"The mobile phone page"
or "the official dubcc cell phone thread" or some shit  ;)

..and yes I checked my words;  ;)

But other than that it's just hype,which Apple is great at. (hype)  ;)

Fuck over 50% of my friends has been fooled and bought a iPhone,so the hype works:P

-Until they come up with anything close or with better specs than any of Nokia,SE and HTC´s top dogs.... there's no revolution  ;)

For your info,I love my MacBook.... so it ain't about bashing Apple in any way  ;)

^ you're saying two different things right there.

How is that?
I state that Apple is great at creating hype,and that my weak minded friends bought into it. (they're all MAC freaks)...  ;) :laugh:
If you're referring to me buying into the hype?
Yes,maybe... I had two Windows lap tops breaking down on me. So I said fuck it no more Windows computers for me.
But then again the specs on Apple computers can be compared to Windows powered computers. so  :P

I ain't going to be biased and say Symbian and/or Windows Mobile UI´s is perfect.

My current phone Nokia N82 (Symbian OS 9.2, S60 rel. 3.1);
-the 5MP autofocus camera (including  :oVHS quality video recorder :o)
-the GPS
-the MP3 player with 8GB memory card (going to get a 16GB card)  ;)
-and all the other out off this world specs; http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n82-2177.php

^^^ all works perfect ^^^^

Yes there's a tweak or two I would do with the UI,but there's nothing as a perfect phone.
Hey you got to jail-break the iPhone to get all those extra goodies,what's up with that  :-X :laugh:?

^ sounds like bias to me.

Hey,you took that out off context.
That was a reply to E.J Rizo,where he claimed;
like i have said its not about how many features you have its about how well
they are put together and how easy and user friendly they are on the device.
ad a great interface and GUI that works great and thats how....

How is that biased?
I just stated the specs and that they work well.  ;)
I even agreed upon that Symbian and Windows Mobile´s UI ain't perfect.  ;) (far from)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:09:22 PM by tusken RAIDEr »

Al Bundy

« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2008, 01:59:03 PM »
lol. the iphone isn't perfect either. don't act like it is.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2008, 03:14:24 PM »
Dude, I'm not getting into this again... but check your own words and tell me they ain't biased...

Plus, who decided that this should be the "cell phone" thread?
Since you decided to move my own posts and reorganize shit around (without asking me mind you),
the least you could do was change the thread's title to something
less biased like "My phone vs. iPhone" or "The mobile phone page" or something.

-I decided to move it over here since there was two threads about iPhone at the time. (remember?)
-Sorry for not asking you first.  :P ;)
-How can I change the thread title? I ain't the thread starter,so again you got to ask Al Bundy (the thread starter).
Fuck it....
I agree that the thread title is biased,so maybe I should ask Bundy then?

Bundy can you change the thread title to;
"The mobile phone page"
or "the official dubcc cell phone thread" or some shit  ;)

^^^^^ Bundy ^^^^^^

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #488 on: June 10, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
News

Flickr photos show Nokia N79, Nokia N85, Nokia 5800 XpressMedia Tube in the flesh
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/06/10/flickr-photos-show-nokia-n79-nokia-n85-nokia-5800-xpressmedia-tube-in-the-flesh.html

There's nothing like a little in-the-flesh product leaks to start of the day. I don't know how leaks like this happen, but I'm glad someone had foresight to save these images of Nokia's N79, N85, and 5800 XpressMedia Tube before the originating Flickr account got deleted.

The Nokia N79 hasn't been confirmed for production and still bears the "N00" label, indicating that the final details on this handset are still being hashed out in Espoo. The candybar/monoblock form-factor is reminiscent of the Nokia N82, and the menu key has been moved to the left of the navigation pad. It looks like the Nokia N79 sports a 2.4-inch display, and we could see the N79 launch in a choice of Titanium or White color schemes.

The Nokia N85 has recently surfaced on the interwebs and we're thinking that device's familiar, Nokia N95/N96-esque aesthetic could prove to be a real winner for Nokia's N-series lineup. The camera is protected by a lens cover in favor of a "kick-stand," like we see on the Nokia N96, and looks to be sporting a dual-LED flash setup. We can clearly see that this supposed Nokia N85 is still in development, bearing the "N00"model name. Whether we'll see this handset launch as the Nokia N85 or some other moniker remains to be seen. But, Nokia would do well to get a Nokia N96 "Lite" to market.

Lastly, the Nokia 5800 XpressMedia "Tube" takes top billing as the only confirmed handset among these prototype N-series handsets. We already know that the Nokia 5800 XpressMedia "Tube" will feature a full-face touchscreen, and that S60 Touch OS will most likely make its debut on this minimally-styled handset. The Vodafone branding confirms that the Nokia 5800 XpressMedia "Tube" will be bringing its 3.2 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics and dual-LED flash to the "Big V." But, the question is, will Vodafone have an exclusive on Nokia's first S60 Touch OS-powered handset? Let's hope not.

Now, I really like the Nokia Tube and the N85, but I have to wonder whether Nokia can really market such a large portfolio of N-series devices. I always thought that Nokia's N-series was reserved for devices that are packed full of the latest features in the mobile space. The Nokia N85 and N79 look like lower-end, or "lite," versions of higher-end N-series counterparts. Would any of you consider picking up a Nokia N96 "Lite" in the Nokia N85 when you know that the Nokia N96 is sitting just a bit further up-range in the N-series lineup?

AT&T iPhone 3G pricing, upgrade, calling/data plan policies revealed - no more revenue sharing
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/06/10/att-iphone-3g-pricing-upgrade-callingdata-plan-policies-revealed-no-more-revenue-sharing.html

Some iPhone owners will get free iPhone 3G replacements
If you are a current iPhone customer, and you bought you first-generation iPhone on or after May 27th (despite widespread expectation that Apple was going to release a new iPhone in a couple weeks' time), then you're in luck. AT&T will trade-up your iPhone to an iPhone 3G gratis - that's right, if you purchased your iPhone on or after May 27th, you'll be getting an iPhone 3G for free. If you bought your iPhone on May 26th, sucks to be you, give AT&T customer service a call.

Most iPhone owners in good standing will be eligible for the upgrade/subsidized iPhone 3G pricing
For the rest of us that bought an iPhone during its early days on-market, we can still get in on the iPhone 3G action at the new, lower price-point. AT&T will be allowing any current iPhone customers, in good standing (you did pay your bills, didn't you?), to buy a new iPhone 3G at the subsidized price of $199 for the iPhone 3G 8GB or $299 for the iPhone 3G 16GB.

Of course, you'll have to sign-up for a new 2-year contract with AT&T. Whatever time you have left on your AT&T iPhone contract will be nixed and replaced with a new 2-year contract from AT&T.

No more pre-paid AT&T GoPhone plans for iPhone 3G
It looks like the iPhone 3G will not be getting any pre-paid love from AT&T. The AT&T GoPhone plans for iPhone will not carry over to the iPhone 3G. That means that any new iPhone 3G hopefuls will have to pass a credit-check and sign-up for a 2-year contract to get their hands on an iPhone.

New iPhone 3G unlimited data plan - $30/month
Thats' right, with higher data speeds, AT&T will be charging higher data fees. Whereas the first-generation iPhone was blessed with a relatively cheap $20 a month unlimited data plan, all iPhone 3G hopefuls will have to sign-up for a $30/month unlimited data plan - the $30 iPhone 3G unlimited data plan must be added to qualifying calling plans. Business users can expect to add $45 on top of their calling plans to get unlimited data on their iPhone 3G.

Apple and AT&T activating iPhone 3G in-store
So, what's to stop any new iPhone 3G buyer or upgrader from just taking their newly purchased iPhone 3G home and popping in their existing SIM card? Well, AT&T and Apple will apparently be activating all iPhone 3G handset in their respective stores. Remember, to get the subsidized $199 or $299 price on the iPhone 3G, you'll have to sign a new contract anyway, so this is just AT&T and Apple's way of making sure you pay more for the new data plan and don't go about unlocking the handset for sale on the gray-market.

30-day trial period
AT&T is allowing iPhone 3G hopefuls a 30-day trial period. Anytime within the first 30-days of the iPhone 3G's activation, the customer can return the handset and have their service immediately terminated. Contract termination within 30 days will not incur an ETF (Early Termination Fee), but after day 30, you'll be paying through the nose to cancel your iPhone plan.

If you cancel on or before the 30th day of iPhone 3G activation, you must return the iPhone 3G handset. If you cancel after that magical 30-day mark, you'll be allowed to keep the iPhone 3G handset, but keep in mind that you'll be paying a hefty ETF.

From the AT&T memo:

To cancel service within the first 30 days, the customer must return their equipment to the place of purchase (no exceptions). If the customer cancels service after 30 days, they will be charged the ETF. The customer is not required to return the device to cancel after 30 days.

No more revenue kickbacks to Apple
With the iPhone 3G subsidized to that incredibly affordable price-point, AT&T will no longer be making revenue kickbacks to Apple. As you may recall, the iPhone was originally launched without subsidy and with Apple demanding a revenue-sharing deal where AT&T pays a portion of iPhone-related revenue back to Apple.

Now that we have an iPhone subsidy in the open, the revenue-sharing model that drew so much criticism has been nixed.

Jump the break to take a peek at the leaked AT&T documents.

***Confidential AT&T Information. For Internal Distribution Only.***
AT&T and Apple today announced that the iPhone 3G will be available in the U.S on July 11. iPhone 3G combines three products into one small, lightweight device: a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod, and it puts the Internet in your pocket with the best e-mail, web browsing, search and maps applications ever on a mobile phone.

The new version of the iPhone harnesses the power of AT&T's broad and powerful 3G mobile broadband network, which offers 3G mobile phones download speeds of up to 1.4 Mbps.

Key Device Features:

Operates on Wi-Fi, EDGE, and 3G networks
New enterprise e-mail capability with support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
New iPhone software development kit (SDK) to support new innovative applications
Note: 2G iPhone customers will be able to download the iPhone 2.0 software from iTunes which enables new features such as access to corporate e-mail via Microsoft ActiveSync.

New Activation Process and BRE:
The iPhone 3G will be activated at point of sale when the device is purchased, in store. The BRE period will change from 14 days to 30 days and will require the device to be returned to place of purchase before service is cancelled.

Pricing and Plans
Device Pricing:
$199 8GB and $299 16GB for new activations and qualified upgrades with 2-year agreement.

Data Plans and Pricing:
The iPhone 3G will be activated on existing AT&T voice rate plans, but new data plans have been created for the 3G device.

All iPhone 3G customers are required to have one of the new data plans and qualifying voice plan.
Customers intending to use the iPhone 3G for access to corporate e-mail, business applications, or access to corporate intranet are required to activate with Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone.
The 2G data rate plans will remain available for 2G devices until further notice.
IRU service discounts for both voice and data pans will apply to iPhone 3G, but not 2G iPhone.
CRU service discounts for voice and data will apply to both 2G and 3G, when on a qualifying data plan.
IRUs will not get a discount on device purchase for 2G or iPhone 3Gs.
Data Pricing will be as follows:
Consumer Data Plan (must be added to qualified voice plan):
$30 - Unlimited Data (E-mail/Web), includes Visual Voicemail

Enterprise Data Plan (must be added to qualified voice plan):
$45 – Unlimited Data with personal and corporate e-mail, web, includes Visual Voicemail

Upgrade Eligibility and Qualified Upgrade Pricing
Upgrade eligibility will be determined based on standard upgrade eligibility rules. Customers must be upgrade eligible to receive the qualified upgrade pricing. However, not all customers will be qualified upgrades. AT&T has not determined the price of the 3G device for non-qualified upgrades.

All customers will be required to sign a 2-year agreement. There will not be a "no commitment" price for the iPhone 3G.

Note: When the 3G device launches, all active postpaid customers in good standing with a 2G iPhone will be eligible to receive the qualified upgrade pricing for a 3G device regardless of service tenure. (Customers that would not otherwise be eligible due to tenure will be made eligible at launch).

Activation Process
The new 3G device will be activated in store in both AT&T and Apple stores. Customers must accept AT&T and Apple Ts & Cs, sign a 2-year agreement, and select the data plan for the iPhone 3G before leaving the store. The current iTunes activation process will no longer be required for iPhone 3Gs, however a short tether process to unbrick the 3G device will be performed in all AT&T stores (tether cords will be provided). Apple stores will also perform this tether process, however in the event that a customer's device is not tethered in the Apple store, their device will be inoperable until they get home and tether through iTunes. Prepaid and Pick Your Plan will not be allowed on the 3G device.

The SSK has been modified to allow customers interested in the iPhone 3G to enter their information, select rate plans and data plans, and print a document that will allow COR reps to quickly access the customer's information in OPUS and save time for data entry in the activation process.

Note: In the interim, 2G iPhones will continue to be activated via iTunes - BAU. This is also true for existing AT&T customers who receive a 2G device as a gift, hand-me-down, etc. and wish to activate the device. Existing AT&T customers who switch to the 2G iPhone must tether through the iTunes process to begin using the device.

Compensation
Because the 3G device will be activated in store, compensation for the 3G device will be BAU. COR reps will receive compensation for upgrades and new activations with a 2-year agreement.

Purchase Limit
The device purchase limit will remain three (3) per customer for iPhone 3G in AT&T stores.

Allocations
If allocations are required at launch, supply chain will allocate based on January-April sales rates applied on a store-by-store basis.

Direct Fulfillment
The DF tool will be available at launch in COR for iPhone 3Gs. Customers will be required to pay for the device when the order is placed and the phone will be shipped to the store in the customer's name.

Existing Stock of 2G Devices
We will continue to sell 2G devices until stock is depleted.

Return Policy
2G Devices
Customers who recently purchased a 2G iPhone may want to return their device once they hear about the 3G model and price point, but the new device will not be available immediately. Since the announcement and launch will be about 30 days apart, we could lose some customers who are within their BRE period and want to return their device before their 14 days expires and wait for the new 3G device. We must acknowledge and address their desire to get the best device for them.

Here's how AT&T will handle 2G iPhone returns:

If a customer purchased before 5/27, we will follow BAU processes – no device returns. However, all postpaid 2G iPhone customers in good standing are upgrade eligible, so these customers will qualify to upgrade to a 3G iPhone when it is available.
If a customer purchased on or after 5/27 (within the 14-day BRE period before the product announcement on 6/9), we will let them exchange their 2G iPhone for an iPhone 3G before August 1. This means that after we launch the 3G model they can return their 2G iPhone, pay the 10% restocking fee, and purchase a new iPhone 3G before August 1.
Note: This modified return policy applies only to customers who purchase from AT&T stores.

3G Devices
The return policy for 3G is changing from 14 days to 30 days for both Apple and AT&T stores.

To cancel service within the first 30 days, the customer must return their equipment to the place of purchase (no exceptions).
If the customer cancels service after 30 days, they will be charged the ETF. The customer is not required to return the device to cancel after 30 days.
Special Notes Regarding 2G Devices

After the iPhone 3G launches, activations of 2G iPhones for new AT&T customers can be performed in COR stores or in the existing iTunes tether process. COR reps will receive compensation for activations of new AT&T customers done in store.
2G upgrades will continue to be activated via the existing iTunes tether process.
Existing 2G data plans will remain available for 2G devices until further notice.
Note: 2G iPhones are out of stock in the DCs, and the Direct Fulfillment tool for 2G is turned off. 2G iPhones have been removed from the "myRewards" incentive catalog.

Merchandising/Marketing

Current 2G iPhones should remain on device fixtures in store. Do not remove 2G demo devices until further notice.
3G demos will be pulled from stock when they arrive following BAU process for display devices.
Video loop content will be pushed to stores when it is available.
New docks and retrofit kits will be provided for existing iPhone fixtures.
The following merchandising elements will be in stores for launch:

Rate brochure and display rate card
22 x 28 poster
Window banner
Duratrans - will be available for markets to order
Coming Soon: Posters and banners are TBD
Training

Device training, including features and functionality, will be available via My CSP by 6/13.
OPUS training will begin no later than 6/20 and will be delivered via the Learning Edge.
Launch preparedness training, including last minute details, will be conducted the week of launch (if needed) via RSM or Centra sessions.
Communications/My CSP
All iPhone-related communications, inclusive of training announcements, will be posted to My CSP. Login and access are via the "Everything iPhone 3G" ad space. Or search on either keyword "iZone" or keyword "iPhone 3G" to locate.

Launch Plans
Support logistics for launch day will mirror last year's iPhone launch:

Letters will be sent to all landlords under VP/GM signature for advance notice of store hours, crowds expected, possible parking issues, etc.
Security will be provided for locations requesting armed police or unarmed, uniformed guards.
Manager checklists will be provided to support RSMs to set expectations and help them be prepared to complete all required actions.
Documents will be posted on iZone to let RSMs know when to expect delivery of launch support materials.
Job descriptions for key launch day functions will be provided for: Back Office Manager/Inventory Runner, Crowd Manager, Greeter, Product Demonstrator, and Security Support.

***Confidential AT&T Information. For Internal Distribution Only.***

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Samsung I900 announced
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

Samsung has released its latest touchscreen Windows Mobile-powered handset – the I900. The I900, titled Omnia, combines many high-end features in a compact package. It's powered by the latest version of Windows Mobile – 6.1, packs in a large 3.2” touchscreen, and pack in a five megapixel camera. Like Apple's iPhone, it will come in two choices – one with 8GB inrenal memory, and the other with 16GB internal memory, and it will come equipped with an accelerometer.

As you can tell by the specs, it aims to be the ultimate all-in-one handset. As is the trend lately with touchscrren handsets, the I900 has haptic feedback support, and very few buttons – two call buttons, and a direction pad. For connectivity, you get Wi-Fi, and HSDPA. As for browsing the Internet on the large touchscreen, the I900 will come with Opera Mobile 9.5, as the deault browser, but Internet Explorer is always there as a second option. Look for the I900 to ship sometime in August.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:05:21 PM by tusken RAIDEr »

Matty

« Reply #489 on: June 11, 2008, 02:52:26 AM »
that new SE looks badass - anything comparable from SE is a Nokia killer imo - Nokia have way too many reliability issues in general. i want to get an X1 but if theres something with a smaller form factor out that has a much better camera and gps still....its gonna be a tough one...

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #490 on: June 11, 2008, 03:04:24 PM »
News

Honlai's QingBar MP101 iPhone projector makes us want more
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/11/honlais-qingbar-mp101-iphone-projector-makes-us-want-more/

Looks like Honlai had more than one mini-projector on display at Computex. The MP101 is capable of throwing a 15- to 27-inch display form your iPhone or iPod touch in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Unfortunately, we're talking just 10-15 lumens and a 200:1 contrast. Still, it'll do for a quick and dirty LCoS jones.

^^^ dope ^^^

Apple to exceed expected 3G iPhone shipments by 8 million

Apple are expected to exceed shipments of the 3G iPhone by the end of the year – totalling 18 million, up from their expected 10 million. This shouldn't come as a surprise, given the price difference between the original iPhone, and the 3G version. Add to that, it will sure sell by the bucketload in the UK, given that O2 will offer it without contract, on Pay As You Go, making it available to those who choose not to go for a contract. Not to mention it will be available in far more countries and network operators than the original iPhone. Given all of these factors, it wouldn't be surprising if Apple to exceed their estimated shipments. Just look at the iconic Motorola Razr, when the price dropped to $200, up from the original $600 (with contract, $800 without), virtually everyone owned one, and it's still selling today.

8.1MP Sony Ericsson unveiled – more camera than a phone

Sony Ericsson is known for being leaders in the cameraphone department, although they've had a few rough patches – like the K850 for instance. It seems they are looking to bounce back from that, with the unannounced C905 “Shiho”. 8.1 MP is the highest number of megapixels on a phone to be available in Europe. The camera sports features we've seen in previous cameraphones from Sony Ericsson, such as auto focus, face recognition, image stabilization, BestPic, and red-eye reduction.

Obviously, for what looks to be a class-leading cameraphone, there is an Xenon flash present, and an LED photolight, as seen in the K850, which may come in handy for shooting videos. Speaking of videos, this will be the first Sony Ericsson handset in Europe to shoot videos in VGA (640 x 480 pixels resolution.. Also present is a video stabilizer feature, first seen in the K800. A new feature for this camera phone is a new feature called Smart Contrast, which will probably adjust the contrast, according to the lighting, when taking a photo.

Obviously, there is more to the C905 than just the camera, the technical specifications are as follows:
Connectivity: tri-band GSM, and tri-band HSDPA support
Screen: 2.4” QVGA (320 x 240 pixels) scratch-resistant, with mineral glass
Camera: 8.1 megapixels, with auto focus, face recognition, image stabilization, BestPic, red-eye reduction, Xenon flash, with photoflash LED,and smart contrast
Video recording: VGA resolution (640 x 480 pixels), with video stabilizer
Memory: M2 card slot, with 2GB card in the box
Applications: NetFront browser
Extras: GPS, with A-GPS support, TV output functionality, Wi-Fi, with DLNA support, Bluetooth, and USB 2.0 connectivity
Dimensions: 104 x 49 x 18 mm
Weight: 136 grams

Look for the C905 to be announced on the 17th of this month, and to be available sometime in the fourth quarter.

Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot C905 breaks cover with 8.1 megapixels in tow
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/10/sony-ericsson-cyber-shot-c905-breaks-cover-with-8-1-megapixels-i/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NWuYQw2kl64&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NWuYQw2kl64&amp;hl=en</a>

Sony Ericsson's let yet another one slip out of its fingers before the official announcement,
this time around a killer slider said to be the Cyber-shot C905, codenamed "Shiho."
If the rumors pan out, it's got one heck of a rap sheet, too,

starting off with an 8.1 -- yes, eight point flippin' one -- megapixel camera with both xenon and LED flashes
(for still and video capture, respectively), GPS, TV out, DLNA certification,
and HSDPA in your choice of European and American flavors.

The screen's apparently just QVGA, but in light of everything else we're hearing, we might just be willing to let that slide.
It'll apparently be announced on the 17th of the month in gold, silver, and black for a fourth quarter release. Wowza!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Looks like SE got a "N96 killer" up their sleeve  :P

UPDATED!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:34:48 PM by tusken RAIDEr »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #491 on: June 11, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »
8,1 megapixel! damn!  8)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #492 on: June 12, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »
DAMN, now i dont know what to get, Thunder, Bold or the new iPhone!!!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #493 on: June 12, 2008, 10:16:08 PM »
DAMN, now i dont know what to get, Thunder, Bold or the new iPhone!!!

I don´t feel the design on Bold so  :P :P :P :P
The Thunder looks nice.... but why those three?

BlackBerry Thunder touchscreen phone in live shot
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/08/blackberry-thunder-touchscreen-phone-in-live-shot/

Here's a little something that might put the brakes on some buyer's 3G iPhone dreams this week -- a real, live shot of the forthcoming BlackBerry touchscreen phone, the Thunder. There's not much info to glean from this image, save for the fact that it will be practically loaded with buttons (including send, end, back, menu, dual convenience keys, volume, lock, and play / pause) and will be headed to Verizon. If the UI is a spin-off of the one we've seen on the Bold, RIM could be striking gold here.

AT&T rolls out BlackBerry Bold 9000 website
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/06/12/att-rolls-out-blackberry-bold-9000-website.html

While many potential AT&T customers are eagerly awaiting Apple's July 11 launch date for the iPhone 3G, it's easy to forget that the No. 1 US wireless carrier is set to bring other tempting handset offers to market. Enter the BlackBerry Bold 9000.

AT&T has just gone live with an official webpage to help whet the appetites of RIM-loving, push email fans looking to get their hands on the latest sleekness from Waterloo. The BlackBerry Bold's sleeker lines and eye-catching new UI are sure to be hot selling-points for AT&T's BlackBerry Bold 9000, and the new webpage makes sure you know it.

Here's the officially official spec-sheet from AT&T:
GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA
Integrated Wi-Fi and GPS
Half-VGA (480×320 resolution) color LCD screen
Up to 5 hours GSM talk time, up to 13 days standby
Side-loading memory slot
1GB of on-board memory storage
624 MHz processor and 128 MB flash memory
Bluetooth 2.0

With WiFi, GPS, and HSDPA in tow, the BlackBerry Bold is sure to satisfy the power-user and song-writer alike.

AT&T BlackBerry Bold 9000

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Size and weight1
Height:
4.5 inches (115.5 mm)
Width:
2.4 inches (62.1 mm)
Depth:
0.48 inch (12.3 mm)
Weight:
4.7 ounces (133 grams)

Color
8GB model: Black
16GB model: Black or white

Capacity2
8GB or 16GB flash drive
Cellular and wireless
UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
GPS
Assisted GPS
In the box
iPhone 3G
Stereo Headset with mic
Dock Connector to USB Cable
USB Power Adapter
Documentation
Cleaning/polishing cloth
SIM ejector tool

Display
3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi
Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Audio
Audio formats supported: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 1, 2, and 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
User-configurable maximum volume limit
Headphones
Stereo earphones with built-in microphone
Impedance: 32 ohms
Video
Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Camera and photos
2.0 megapixels
Photo geotagging
iPhone and third-party application integration

Language support
Language support for English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Polish
International keyboard and dictionary support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), French (Canada), German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean (no dictionary), Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Polish

Connectors and input/output
30-pin dock connector

External buttons and controls
Sleep/wake

Sensors
Accelerometer
Proximity sensor
Ambient light sensor
Power and battery
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery3
Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
Talk time:4
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 10 hours on 2G
Standby time: Up to 300 hours5
Internet use:
Up to 5 hours on 3G6
Up to 6 hours on Wi-Fi7
Video playback: Up to 7 hours8
Audio playback: Up to 24 hours9
Mac system requirements
Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later
iTunes 7.7 or later
Windows system requirements
PC with USB 2.0 port
Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
iTunes 7.7 or later
Environmental requirements
Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

iPhone Accessories

Honlai's QingBar MP101 iPhone projector makes us want more
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/11/honlais-qingbar-mp101-iphone-projector-makes-us-want-more/

Looks like Honlai had more than one mini-projector on display at Computex. The MP101 is capable of throwing a 15- to 27-inch display form your iPhone or iPod touch in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Unfortunately, we're talking just 10-15 lumens and a 200:1 contrast. Still, it'll do for a quick and dirty LCoS jones.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #494 on: June 13, 2008, 04:05:35 AM »
News

World's first projector cellphone is also an iPhone clone, in Rome
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/13/worlds-first-projector-cellphone-is-also-an-iphone-clone-in-ro/

Ok, not Rome, but somewhere in China. But Shenzhen wouldn't have rhymed now would it? Anyway, you're looking at what's scheduled to be the world's first projector phone from ChinaKing (aka, CKing). The bits of information we scraped off the machine translated text reveals an LCoS-based projector that relies upon a LED light source and manual focus adjustment. This brick (and we mean brick) is supposedly capable of projecting a 30-inch, 640 x 480 pixel image for up to 2-hours at a time. 2-hours you say, not possible! Perhaps you forgot about the 666 day battery. Nah. A couple more pics after the break.

Sony Ericsson Alicia leaked
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/06/13/sony-ericsson-alicia-leaked.html

There are quite a few devices we're expecting Sony Ericsson to announce. BeiBei, Paris, Shino and now another device is included in the mix. A handset codenamed "Alicia" is a stylish Walkman clamshell with two displays. And while we don't have enough information about this phone at the moment, we do know its outer screen won't be used only for displaying caller ID — it will feature some nice Walkman animations or the current weather condition, changing the theme depending on the time of the day. In addition, we know this baby will support TrackID and will be capable to playback both music and video files.

Finally, before I let you go, you should see the first demo video of the device.
It just arrived and it's waiting for you after the jump. Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tk3NZnqPUgg&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tk3NZnqPUgg&amp;hl=en</a>