Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65973 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #645 on: December 19, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »
nah i haven't gotten a new phone. was just commenting on the android G1 hack. would be nice if it could be ported to more phones like my blackjack II  8)

that would be dope on my ks-20 also  8)

LG KS20
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_ks20-2105.php

Code: [Select]
General 2G Network GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 2100
Announced 2007, September
Status Available. Released 2008, January
Size Dimensions 99.8 x 58 x 12.8 mm
Weight 92.5 g
Display Type TFT touchscreen, 256K colors (65K effective)
Size 240 x 320 pixels, 2.8 inches
  - Downloadable wallpapers
Ringtones Type Polyphonic (72 channels), MP3
Customization Composer, Download
Vibration Yes
Memory Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
Call records Practically unlimited
Card slot microSD (TransFlash), buy memory
  - 128 MB internal memory
- 400 MHz Qualcomm processor
Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
HSCSD No
EDGE Yes
3G HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP
Infrared port No
USB Yes, v2.0
Features OS Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional
Messaging SMS, EMS, MMS, Email
Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML (IE mobile 7.6)
Games 2, order now
Colors Black
Camera 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, autofocus, video, flash; secondary VGA videocall camera
  - Java MIDP 2.0
- MP3/MPEG4/WMV/AAC/DivX player
- FM radio with RDS
- Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF viewer)
- Organiser
- Voice memo
- Built-in handsfree
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1050 mAh
Stand-by Up to 270 h
Talk time Up to 3 h

I believe you should be able to.  ;) (Bundy use WM 6.1 standard)
Have you tried to install BTW?;

? http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=152903.msg2045092#msg2045092

As for Bundy,not sure if it exists... but I don't see why not;
Symbian´s S40 UI.... the UI is pretty much the same as WM´s but you might want to check it for fun.  ;)

yes i did and it rocks! thanks again!  8)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »
Anyone have a Blackberry Pearl or Curve?

It charges your phone just by setting it down. I hope they are developing it for other devices.

http://www.wildcharge.com/

RAIDErs of the lost ark

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #648 on: December 25, 2008, 07:38:44 AM »
Vertu Signature Dragon handset puts the 'ugh' in 'luxury'
http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/24/vertu-signature-dragon-handset-puts-the-ugh-in-luxury/

It looks like Vertu isn't resting on its laurels -- a mere two years after snatching the "world's ugliest phone title" with its Signature Cobra, the company's back with the Signature Dragon. What can we say about this one? Not much, seeing as how the thing isn't even listed on the company's website. Even so, since the Cobra retailed for over a quarter of a million bucks we're guessing this new handset ain't gonna be cheap. Feel free to sneak a peek at the thing in the Vertu store in Las Vegas's Wynn Hotel when you hit the town for CES. As an aside, when researching this post we came across an erotic French novel titled Dragon de Vertu which is on sale for about $30. Even if you don't read French, we still think it'd be a better use of your hard earned cash -- and if you do read French, please underline the good parts before you pass it on to us.

something for elano?

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #649 on: December 28, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »
News

Fake iPhone nano makes its debut in Thailand
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/12/27/fake-iphone-nano-makes-its-debut-in-thailand/

If you see a listing for an iPhone nano on eBay, don’t freak out and spend your life savings to be the first to own this hotly rumored device. Chances are quite good that the phone you receive will not be a genuine Apple product but a cheap knockoff from Thailand - and by “chances are quite good,” we mean it’s fake. iPhone knockoffs appear to be a dime a dozen in Thailand with some designed to fool the casual shopper by bearing an authentic-looking Apple logo and iPhone branding on the phone. Some feature the iconic iPhone interface while others come in a variety of colors. We especially enjoy the knockoff branded as the iPhone “Mini”. Before you jump all over the iPhone nano XSKN rumor and call shenanigans, note that the purported iPhone nano skin designed by XSKN will not fit these knockoffs. The XSKN sports a different design, including a home button that sits close to the edge of the touchscreen and not towards the bottom of the handset.  Hit the jump for a few more fake iPhone nano pictures for your amusement.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #650 on: December 29, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »
News

LG's magical GD910 wrist phone packs touchscreen, camera and rainbows
http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/29/lgs-magical-gd910-wrist-phone-packs-touchscreen-camera-and-rai/

It was deliciously inevitable that a watch phone would eventually show up that could actually "pack it all in," and it looks like LG has actually accomplished that feat in its LG-GD910 model. Of note, the phone packs a touchscreen LCD, 3G data, and a built-in camera for videoconferencing and being a general badass. Sure, browsing to your favorite gadget blog might be a tad bit difficult on that 1.43-inch screen, and there's always the question of fashion, but those are minor quibbles -- the real question is where can we get one, and for how much. LG should be showing this off at CES next month (it showed off a predecessor this January), and plans to release it in Japan and Europe, but we've got a couple of cereal box-delivered 2-way wrist radios crossed behind our backs in hopes for a US berth.

Jaydc555

« Reply #651 on: December 29, 2008, 04:40:06 PM »
The blackberry storm > iphone

OchoCinco

« Reply #652 on: January 01, 2009, 10:21:56 PM »
I pimped my new HTC Diamond out 8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #653 on: January 04, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »
News

Magnetic mount lenses improve mobile phone’s camera; Work with the iPhone, too!
http://www.intomobile.com/2009/01/04/magnetic-mount-lenses-improve-mobile-phones-camera-work-with-the-iphone-too.html

Here’s an interesting accessory for anyone who’s not satisfied with his/her mobile phone’s camera.
Thanks to the magnetic mount lenses, you can improve your phone’s camera functionality by adding any of the three lenses available:
Wide Angle Lens, Fish Eye Lens or Marco Lens.

These lenses can be simply attached to the back of the phone (yap, it works with the iPhone as well) without making the device look too bulky.
The exception is the iPhone 3G, which, because of its plastic back needs a self-adhesive ring with a magnet affixed to the area around the camera.
That’s also provided in the box, along with lenses and a keychain strap.
Best of all, the magnetic lenses cost only $17 and can also work with some notebook computers and digital cameras.
USBfever have them in stock, so you may want to check them out…

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #654 on: January 06, 2009, 04:37:38 PM »
News;

Motorola unleashes MOTOSURF A3100 touchscreen handset
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

Motorola have announced their second newest handset today - the MOTOSURF A3100 touchscreen handset, known as the Attila, Motorola are billing the A3100 as a “touch tablet”, with the A3100 geared for managing both your social, and work life. On the work front, the A3100 comes with the Windows Mobile 6.1 OS, for all your business-related needs. When your done with working, you can unleah your social side, as the A1300 comes with integrated Facebook socalising, making for the best of both worlds.

The homescreen of the A1300 can be easily customised, with live feeds on weather, news, personal and work e-mail, messaging and calendar events.
The A1300 is to be available sometime in this quarter, pricing is not yet known.

The technical specifications of the A3100 are as follows:
Connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, WCDMA/HSDPA 7.2 850/1900/2100 MHz
Display: 2.8" touchscreen, QVGA resolution, shows up to 65 thousand colours
Camera: 3 megapixel lens, with autofocus
Memory: 256 MB ROM, 128 MB RAM, MicroSDHC expansion slot, supports up to 32GB
Extras: Bluetooth and USB 2.0 connectivity, Wi-Fi, A-GPS, GPS, omni-directional trackball,

HTC not done with non-touchscreens yet, brings S743 to US market
http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/06/htc-not-done-with-non-touchscreens-yet-brings-s743-to-us-market/

We'd never pegged the S740 as the kind of phone HTC would be looking to bring to the New World; it's an oddball by modern Windows Mobile standards, shucking the touchy, feely trend for a traditional numeric keypad that reminds us of a simpler, more innocent time. Miracles can and do happen from time to time, though -- and on that note we give you the S743, a dead ringer for the S740 that's had its Euro-friendly 3G gutted and replaced with HSDPA 850 / 1900 for North American use. It's got WinMo 6.1 Standard, a 2.4-inch QVGA display, and faceted styling inspired by the Touch Diamond, but the S743's real claim to fame is its slide-out QWERTY keyboard for those moments when triple-tapping and predictive text just aren't going to cut it. Look for this sucker to invade US retailers some time this quarter.

iPhone Air (yes it’s a knockoff) spotted in China (wherelse?)
http://www.electronicpulp.net/2009/01/05/iphone-air-yes-its-a-knockoff-spotted-in-china-wherelse/

If Apple won’t do it, you can be sure that someone else will. Especially someone in China’s who’s as enterprising as they get. Apparently, this is how the Apple iPhone Air will look like. At least, this is how it’ll look like in the eyes of one inspired China-man. It’s got a glowing Apple logo on the outside of its flipping lid, just like the original BlackBook. Its specs? Built-in camera, FM radio, Bluetooth, music player (of course!) and dual SIM card support. Available colors, as you can see here, are pink and black. Don’t know how much these will be exactly, but who would want these anyway? More pictures after the break.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #655 on: January 06, 2009, 11:00:58 PM »
Anyone have a Blackberry Pearl or Curve?
It charges your phone just by setting it down. I hope they are developing it for other devices.
Life Unplugged with Wire-Free Power
http://www.wildcharge.com/

WildCharge is changing the way people charge their mobile devices by commercializing
– through licensing partnerships – its proven, wire-free power technology.
WildCharge’s Technology Licensing Program provides the design and manufacturing guidance,
allowing original equipment/design manufacturers (OEM/ODM)
to quickly integrate wire-free power capability into their products.
Full agency certifications (UL/CE/FCC) ensure user safety and product reliability,
while ROHS and CEC Efficiency Level IV compliance ensure low environmental impact.

Technology
https://www.wildcharge.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/category.display/category_ID/255/How_It_Works.htm

The WildCharger™ pad is flat and thin with a conductive surface. Once a cell phone or other electronic device that is enabled with WildCharge technology is placed on the pad – anywhere on the pad and at any orientation – it will instantaneously receive power from the pad. It is that simple. And charging speed is the same as if the device is plugged to the wall!

Enabling a portable electronic device with WildCharge technology is also simple. A WildCharge adapter attaches to – or outright replaces – the device’s back cover. This adapter has tiny external “bumps” (contact-points) that come in physical contact with the pad.

Once a compatible electronic device is placed on the WildCharger pad, power is transferred from the pad’s surface through the contact-points to the WildCharge adapter and into the device. The geometries of the charging surface and the contact-points guarantee that regardless of where the device is placed on the pad’s surface, a closed electrical circuit is formed between the surface and the device. Such direct contact allows for a very efficient and safe power transfer without generating harmful radiation or magnetic fields.

In the case of a RAZR phone, for example, the phone’s battery-cover is replaced with one that already has the WildCharge technology built in. Once replaced, the connector at the end of the adapter’s “charging arm” is inserted into the phone’s power plug. Nothing else is required.

Such simple enablement is part of our "no-screwdriver" philosophy – enabling a device must be simple and straightforward.  In the future, we expect our technology to be integrated inside cell phones and other devices at the time of manufacture. At such time, users will not be required to make any adaptation to their electronic devices.

https://www.wildcharge.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/category.display/category_ID/179/WildCharge_Products.htm&CFID=3779324&CFTOKEN=93936350
Once you equip your mobile device with a WildCharge Skin, you will be able to charge it by placing it on any WildCharger Pad that is connected to a power source. The WildCharger Pad can simultaneously charge multiple devices, such as cell phones, MP3 music players or other mobile devices - as long as they are WildCharge-enabled

Once a cell phone or other electronic device that is enabled with WildCharge technology is placed on the pad

interesting....
here´s another one;
Powermat hands-on
http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/06/powermat-hands-on/

Remember the Powermat? Unlike other induction-based "wireless power" contraptions we've seen, this one came out earlier this year as total vaporware and has now resurfaced as a collaborative effort by Michigan-based HoMedics Powermat North America (HPNA). We finally got a chance to see it work in person and, much to our surprise, it seems to have delivered on its promised... at least in part. We saw three pads that touched base with six different mediators for charging various cell phones, laptops, and handheld games. The devices magnetically "lock on" to the mats and a light comes on to indicate its working. The rep told us devices charge just as fast with the mat as they would via the traditional "plug" method, but it's not like we waited around long enough to see for ourselves. No price or date, but we're a lot more excited about it knowing this thing might actually work. We're hearing some more interesting developments will be shown off later this week, from both Powermat as well as a few of the other companies here showcasing wireless power technology, which we'll be keeping an eye out for. Hit up the gallery for some sexy recharging imagery.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2009, 09:32:06 PM »
News

Logic Wireless' Logic Bolt makes luminous appearance at CES
http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/07/logic-wireless-logic-bolt-makes-luminous-appearance-at-ces/

Logic Wireless, a new startup has jumped right into the CES mobile fray with this, the mini projecting Logic Bolt. Logic Wireless assumed all rights to this device from ChinaKing -- which we saw early in the summer of 2008 -- and have tuned it up and have it here at the show. Featuring a quad-band GSM chipset, 3 megapixel camera, Bluetooth, projected display size of 36 to 64 inches, and a rated talk time of 2 to 3 hours. Video can apparently blast on for two hours or more using content on the phone or VGA input from other devices. Logic Wireless aims to ship a dual-mode GSM / CDMA set with live video conferencing, four times brighter projector, and Windows Mobile supplanting the current Java OS sometime in the future. For a suggested $100 on-contract price or $600 off, we're thinking if they can make this happen, we're definitely going to be picking one up.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #657 on: January 08, 2009, 06:24:45 AM »
News

SDXC specification announced; 2TB memory cards with read/write speeds of up to 104 megabytes per second are coming!
http://www.intomobile.com/2009/01/08/sdxc-specification-announced-2tb-memory-cards-with-readwrite-speeds-of-up-to-104-megabytes-per-second-are-coming.html

During the CES, SD Association — the folks behind the popular SD flash memory card standards — have announced a new memory card specification called SDXC, where the last two letters stand for “eXtended Capacity.” The idea is, of course, to prepare a groundwork for the upcoming consumer needs when more storage capacity and faster access to data will be needed. In that sense, the new SDXC specification provides up to 2 terabytes storage capacity and accelerates SD interface read/write speeds to 104 megabytes per second this year, with a road map to 300 megabytes per second.

The SDXC specification, developed by the SD Association, leapfrogs memory card interface speeds while retaining the world-leading SD interface. Specifications for the open standard will be released in the first quarter of 2009. SDHC, Embedded SD and SDIO specifications will also benefit from the new SD interface speeds.

The SDXC relies on Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT)’s exFAT file system to support its large capacity and interoperability in a broad range of devices. The exFAT system was designed for increased compatibility with flash media, from portability of data to interoperability with multiple platforms and devices on removable media.

Finally, to put the numbers in a perspective. A 2TB SDXC memory card can store 100 HD movies, 60 hours of HD recording or 17,000 fine-grade photos. Wow!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #658 on: January 09, 2009, 02:09:40 PM »
News

Download lite beta version of Skype
http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/mobile/

Call and IM friends from your mobile.
Local rate calls to your Skype contacts wherever they are.
Call on Skype wherever you are¹ - no WiFi or 3G required.
Instant message from your mobile.
Save on international and long distance calls to phones and mobiles.

Works on compatible LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson phones.

Local rate Skype-to-Skype calls

With Skype on your mobile, you’ll always know when your friends are online and you can call them for the cost of a local call (or use your inclusive minutes from your mobile plan). Calling with Skype is only available in Australia, Brazil (Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, New Zealand, Poland, Sweden, the United States and the UK.
Call from anywhere¹

You can call friends and family from the bus or while you’re sipping a latte in your favorite coffee shop – wherever they are in the world. Best of all, your phone will work as normal – no WiFi or 3G connection needed - and you won’t need to change operator.

Send and receive instant messages

Sign in, see who’s online and send an instant message – and get an instant response.
Save money calling landlines and mobiles abroad

Call phones anywhere in the world at great rates by searching your mobile's phone book from Skype. You can call phones with Pay As You Go credit or with a subscription you get unlimited calls² to landlines (and even mobiles in some countries).

Calling landlines and mobiles abroad

The standard cost of a local or national call on your mobile (or via your inclusive minutes) plus our standard rate to call phones and mobiles.

Call Skype contacts

The standard cost of a local or national call on your mobile (or via your inclusive minutes).

Instant messaging and being online

Your operator’s standard data charge and we recommend using Skype with a data plan. Data usage can vary.

Receive calls from Skype contacts

The standard Skype call rate for calling a mobile in your country will be deducted from your Skype Credit balance.
Receive calls to your online number

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #659 on: January 13, 2009, 03:17:02 AM »
News

Samsung Show finally makes projector phones sexy
http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/12/samsung-show-finally-makes-projector-phones-sexy/

Is 2009 finally the year of the projector phone? Eh, not likely -- but there are finally a few models filtering into retail after years of talk, prototypes, and empty promises, including the Logic Bolt from independent manufacturer Logic Wireless and this puppy from Sammy. We're told that the aptly-named Show is inbound for release in South Korea before the end of the month, it runs Samsung's ubiquitous TouchWiz platform, and it packs DLP-based pico projector tech from TI, but that's about all we (and Samsung's US reps) seem to know about it. The projector can be used to view media stored in phone memory, pull up mobile TV via Korea's T-DMB airwaves, or simply project light, a function luddites may know better as a "flashlight." Most importantly, it actually isn't half-bad looking -- a symptom of a major manufacturer getting involved and throwing some won and industrial design staff at the thing, we bet.

Nokia Locate Sensor
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/01/09/nokia-locate-sensor-never-lose-anything-again/

Nokia Locate Sensor has just made its debut at CES 2009. The brainchild of the folk over at the Nokia Research Center, Locate Sensor is a prototype service designed to help ensure you never lose anything. You simply attach a physical wireless location tag (see photo gallery) to stuff such as your keys or wallet, and if you drop anything or it gets nicked from your pocket the accompanying Nokia Locate Sensor app points you in the direction of the item and even tells you how far away it is.

That’s not all it can do. Read on for the full details and to see a photo gallery of it in action.
The tiny Locate Sensor tag - the little green gizmo pictured below - can be attached and modified to be fixed to any sort of item you can think of, and the phone app will support up to 100 items. The battery powered tag runs for up to 18 months, but if the tag is made bigger it could accommodate a bigger battery and longer life, and similarly vice versa.

If you drop something the phone application is designed to automatically alert you and help you hone in on the object within a distance of up to 100 metres. It transmits a simple signal, and doesn’t use GPS, so it can be used inside and isn’t a battery killer.

Another smart use for Nokia Locate Sensor is that it can be tweaked to work the opposite way round - so if you have a tag on your person you can set it so that if your phone is lost or goes further that say 3 metres from you, it immediately disables the handset and re-enables it when it reenters your close vicinity.

It’s such a simple idea, the app works brilliantly, and it’s definitely one of the smartest little gadgets to make an appearance at CES 2009.

There’s no official word if Nokia Locate Sensor will leave Nokia Research Center and become a real product, but from what we saw of it we reckon it would make an awesome addition to Nokia’s product line-up. We’ll keep you posted.