Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 66036 times)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #675 on: February 19, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »
There is a new version of the iPhone, totally better, able to SMS photos too now!

:o :o :o :o

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2009, 01:51:19 PM »
News

Unmask Blocked Calls!
With TrapCall, you'll always know who's calling.

http://www.trapcall.com/

How's it work? Seriously, it's so simple, yet oh so handy.
Ever get one of those annoying blocked or restricted calls?

When Trapcall receives the blocked call,
our ultra-high tech servers snap their digital fingers and the convenience begins...

A quick Snap! and the unblocked number is instantly sent to your cell phone.
No software needed.
And that's not all it can do.

Unblocks blocked and restricted calls.

Always know who's calling. The way it should be, right?
Trapcall works with any cell phone.

Most providers, any phone. We got ya' covered.
No need to change your current number.

Yep, keep it. We like to keep things simple around here.
Different plans for different folks.

'Bet we have a plan that fits. Check them out here.
http://www.trapcall.com/signup

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »
There is a new version of the iPhone, totally better, able to SMS photos too now!

When is it supposed to come out?

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #678 on: February 23, 2009, 04:27:20 AM »
News

GSM Association sets 2012 target date for universal cellphone charger
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/17/gsm-association-sets-2012-target-date-for-universal-cellphone-ch/

Well, this is certainly interesting. Just a couple of days after a top European Union commissioner mused about the need for a universal cellphone charger, the GSM Association has now come out and announced that it and 17 of its partner companies are indeed working on such a solution, and that they plan to have a common format in place by 2012. That rather ambitious date will be a bit easier to meet considering the group's choice of connector, micro-USB, which has already gained quite a bit of acceptance as a common format. The use of micro-USB apparently won't be firm requirement by 2012, however, with the GSMA simply saying that the "majority" of new phones sold by then will support what they're describing as the universal charging solution (or UCS), which itself will have to meet a number of strict requirements in order to be broadly compatible. Of course, while everyone including the likes of Nokia, Motorola, LG, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson have signed on with the GSMA, there are a few big names absent, not the least of which, unsurprisingly, is Apple, so there's certainly still quite a ways to go before we have a truly universal standard.

About fuckings time  :P

yup and btw i dont like the keypad on the new n86 but i dont care i want it! 8mp carl zeiss lens ?!? FUCK YEAH !!!

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #679 on: February 23, 2009, 05:36:29 PM »
You just have to jailbreak fam. My 3G does this + tons more shit right now.  8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #680 on: March 23, 2009, 10:35:37 AM »
News

TapSB SpringBoard mod brings Xperia-like panels to a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch near you
http://www.intomobile.com/2009/03/23/tapsb-springboard-mod-brings-xperialike-panels-jailbroken-iphoneipod-touch.html

Here’s an interesting idea Apple (NSDQ: AAPL) could consider implementing as part of its iPhone 3.0 update. The so called TapSB is a SpringBoard mod that allows jailbroken iPhones/iPod Touch users to browse their homescreens much faster. Once installed, TapSB is super-easy to use:
Double tap on the homescreen, and you will see thumbnail versions of 6 different pages
Tap on a thumbnail and the full page will be shown

This isn’t exactly the full-blown Xperia panel — as Xperia panels can be quite complicated apps — but you get the point. Showing multiple screens on a single page is definitely useful for browsing around all those apps you certainly have installed on your iPhone/iPod Touch.

Look for TapSB in Cydia, give it a try and let us know what you think about it.

^^^^nice ^^^

Cool758 razor phone really can shave, awaits complete market saturation
http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/22/cool758-razor-phone-really-can-shave-awaits-complete-market-sat/

Sure, the 120 million mark of the RAZR V3 might be a little hard to grasp at, but with innovative features like shaving people's faces, we could really see this Cool758 "razor phone" breaking into the double digits. Just pop the cap off the bottom and you've got a fully functional shaving implement, perfect for rubbing across your chin repeatedly in a vain hope that it'll knock off a few bristles before that very important meeting you're late and ill-prepared for. If shaving isn't your thing, there's always its dual-sim capability, a touchscreen, and a 2 megapixel camera to fall back on. No word on price or availability.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HTC Star and HTC SuperStar to come with Windows Mobile 6.5?

Quite many handsets from HTC’s 2009 line-up have appeared lately in unofficial documents, and now it’s time for even more.

If the info found at Tilt Mobility is legit, two of HTC’s Windows Mobile 6.5 smartphones – codenamed HTC Star and HTC SuperStar – will come with WVGA (480 x 800) displays. The Star will sport a 3.6 inch screen, while the SuperStar a 3.7 inch one.

HTC Star is said to have a Qualcomm 8250 chipset – and there’s nothing unusual here, as Qualcomm and HTC have been collaborating since, like, forever.

On the other hand, HTC SuperStar appears as featuring an nVidia AP16 chipset, which does sound promising.

^^^^HTC is on the roll ^^^^

h2k4

« Reply #681 on: March 23, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »

When is it supposed to come out?

It's supposedly going to be on the 3.0 software update.  You'll be able to copy & paste and have MMS.  Probably a summer release for the software.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #682 on: April 08, 2009, 04:00:56 PM »
News

Projector Phone Triband GSM/GPRS Touchscreen Cell Phone
http://beforeibuy.blogspot.com/2009/04/projector-phone-triband-gsmgprs.html

Touchscreen Cell Phone. The worlds first and still best projector mobile phone!

Tri Band multimedia cellphone with interactive touchscreen, WAP, Bluetooth, and long lasting battery for extra long talk time and phone usage between charges. The tri-band technology and open SIM card slot in this mobile phone will keep you "unlocked" from any particular phone company and works on the network frequencies used by more than 100 countries worldwide. This is a truly easy to use multimedia mobile phone with its friendly touchscreen interface and well designed software that operates on interactive touch screen action. Among the multimedia features included in this phone are MP3 and MP4 player, Digital Camera, Image Viewer, Video Recorder, and rich media environment messaging options. With the internal micro SD card slot already containing a 1GB card, the phone comes out of the box ready to start talking, listening to music, taking pictures, and watching videos.

^^^^Looks like they jacked Nokia N73 design and Apples OS-X  :P :P ^^^

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #683 on: April 11, 2009, 02:44:38 PM »
News

nokia aeon concept phone hits the big screen with a lead role
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/04/09/nokia-aeon-concept-phone-hits-the-big-screen-with-a-lead-role/

We know Nokia loves showing off its wares in movies and music videos but it looks like the Finnish handset slinger may have taken its obsession with film to the next level. Forget brief cameos like The Dark Knight and others — Nokia’s concept handset, the Nokia Aeon, apparently takes center stage as the star of the recently-released Echelon Conspiracy film. Don’t worry, we’ve never heard of it either. An unreleased, unbranded device that looks remarkably like Nokia’s green full-touch concept phone is a key element of the film’s complex plot however, and it looks ridiculously slick. Sure the phone in the film packs a feature or two that you might not find in a release version, but its appearance probably means one of two things: 1) Nokia might actually be thinking of releasing the handset someday. 2) The film called for a crazy concept device that would never reach market and Nokia pitched the Aeon. The later is more likely of course, but it can’t hurt to dream, right? Hit the jump for a shot to remind you what Nokia’s Aeon concept looks like, and then check out the Echelon Conspiracy Trailer. Looks like a nail-biter.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #684 on: April 11, 2009, 03:26:36 PM »
You know the end is near when guys are just as obsessed with their phones as women are  :-\

Jaydc555

« Reply #685 on: April 11, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »
The human race is headed in the direction fuck a cure for cancer my phone kicks fucking ass!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #686 on: June 03, 2009, 10:24:54 AM »
Sony Ericsson news;

Sony Ericsson Introdcues 2 New Handsets ... and Re-names Idou (Satio)
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

Yesterday Sony Ericsson revealed two new handets as well as officially introducing the previously revealed Idou, now re-christened as Satio. The first of the new handsets, Yari, is a 5 MP cameraphone that is the first Sony Ericsson handset to feature the Walkman 4 player, which will include support for Walkman themes. The handset looks set to be marketed as a 'fun' and/or 'gaming' handset with its motion and gesture control and it's media applications like SenseMe. The second handset is Aino, which is in some ways the counterpart to Satio (Idou). It's part of Sony Ericsson's new Entertainment Unlimited series and features an 8 MP camera with AF and the usual SE camera goodies such as BestPic, geo-tagging, face detection, etc. The screen is a 16 million colour 3-inch capacative touchscreen, although the touchscreen is only active when in media player mode or camera mode (e.g. for touch focus). Aino has a slide out keypad for input when not in touchscreen mode. One last feature worth noting is the PS3 Remote Play service, which allows the Aino to interact with the owner's PS3 from anywhere in the world to download/stream content from the PS3.

Satio we've seen before of course in its guise as Idou. We won't say too much about Satio since it is already well known and you can read our preview of the device here. The one thing that many may comment upon is the change in name ... Idou somehow seems a little cooler.

Yari

Connectivity: Quad-band GPRS/EDGE, tri-band HSDPA, Bluetooth (A2DP)
Display: 256k colour TFT, 240x320, 2.4 inches
Memory: 60 Mb internal, supports up to 16 Gb MicroSD
Battery: 450h standby, 10h talktime (2G), 4.5h talktime (3G)
Camera: 5 MP, AF, LED flash, geo-tagging, face detection, QVGA video recording @ 30fps
Features: FM radio with RDS, TrackID, Youtube/Facebook apps, SenseMe, Shake Control, media player

Aino

Connectivity: Quad-band GPRS/EDGE, tri-band HSDPA, Bluetooth (A2DP), Wi-Fi DLNA
Display: 16 million colour TFT capacitive touchscreen, 240x432, 3 inches
Memory: 55 Mb internal, supports up to 16 Gb MicroSD, 8 Gb included
Battery: 380h standby (2G), 367h standby (3G)  13h talktime (2G), 4.5h talktime (3G) 31h music play
Camera: 8.1 MP, AF, LED flash, geo-tagging, face detection, touch focus, smart contrast QVGA video recording @ 30fps
Features: FM radio with RDS, TrackID, Youtube/Facebook apps, SenseMe, Shake Control, media player, Google maps, Remote Play for PS3

Satio

Connectivity: Quad-band GPRS/EDGE, tri-band HSDPA, Bluetooth (A2DP), Wi-Fi DLNA
Display: 16 million colour TFT touchscreen, 360x640, 3.5 inches
Memory: 128 Mb internal, supports up to 16 Gb MicroSD, 8 Gb included
Camera: 12.1 MP, AF, xenon flash, geo-tagging, face & smile detection, touch focus
Features: FM radio with RDS, TrackID, Youtube/Facebook apps, SenseMe, Shake Control, media player, Google maps

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #687 on: June 06, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
im back!!! yo raider are you using the same phone? im curently using lg te365 neon and it's so so,my lg ks20 broke and i got a refund and i didnt want to spend a shit load of money for a new phone (got so many things to pay) so i bought a budget phone (lg te365) and the phone is not bad but not great

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #688 on: June 07, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »
so...i'm not about to go through 28 pages of opinions...

i'm thinking of making the iphone jump pending some nice hardware updates after the wwdc updates tomorrow...any advice/suggestions on such an idea?

btw i'm currently rockin a brick phone from the late 90's...and lgvx60 or something like that...does what it's supposed to do but...i could use something a bit newer with a lot more functionality (ie: iphone)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #689 on: June 07, 2009, 05:46:32 PM »
so...i'm not about to go through 28 pages of opinions...

i'm thinking of making the iphone jump pending some nice hardware updates after the wwdc updates tomorrow...any advice/suggestions on such an idea?

it's not 28pages of opinions. more like news,tip and tricks. wait for the next iphone that's coming in a minute. rocks 32gb + 3.2mp camera.