Author Topic: Dillinger & Young Gotti belongs in the same class as Dogg Food  (Read 895 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Dillinger & Young Gotti belongs in the same class as Dogg Food
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 02:44:01 PM »
nah itiswhatitis and raide have 6-2 hooked up for me in the HUS. I just need to get on the PC at home for once and burn that shit. i haven't posted from home on dubcc for more than half an hour in weeks

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 02:49:29 PM »
nah itiswhatitis and raide have 6-2 hooked up for me in the HUS. I just need to get on the PC at home for once and burn that shit. i haven't posted from home on dubcc for more than half an hour in weeks

-T

Ok, yeah it is dope man. I have been a 6-2 fan since 2001 and Duece so a whole album/mixtape is cool.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 08:03:45 PM »
It was a great album but songs like Gitta Strippin and Work Dat Pussy were just lame to me

Snoopafly86

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2007, 02:32:14 AM »
higheyecue does Jessica Alba belong in the same class as Kurupt to you 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2007, 09:25:22 AM »
It was a great album but songs like Gitta Strippin and Work Dat Pussy were just lame to me

gitta strippin' has dope production and work dat pussy has cool synth and drums. the rap on those songs is ehh though

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 09:45:09 AM »

gitta strippin' has dope production and work dat pussy has cool synth and drums. the rap on those songs is ehh though

-T

Work That Pussy will rattle the shit out of a car when put on a good system. Mike Dean and Daz made a great team on beats. Mike added more strings and melodic piano keys and really elevated the bass Daz would already bring to the table. I would love to get a instrumental album of this.

Rudki

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2007, 09:49:06 AM »
One of my favourite albums ever.....so many bangers I dotn think I skip any of the tracks..

ITIZWHATITIZ

• Lil Geezy
  • Lifes a bitch then u die thats why we get high...
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 11:45:28 AM »
i think the dillinger n young gotti albums better but they both dope

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7b3h2Bfd3g&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l7b3h2Bfd3g&amp;rel=1</a>

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 01:28:21 PM »
damn yea that album is bingo but dogg food is on the next level. i feel dre on that mofo even if he officialy hasnt produced shit on it. but the mixing is on top. daz and mike dean made a damn good job on d&yg. lyrics n styles re dope too. but if i had to choose one disc fo a trip to a lonely island i would pick the classic dogg food.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »
I think both albums are pretty much have their strong points in Dogg Food you have Kurupt at the top of his game lyricially on a level that you don't have him on any other album, I think Daz really does some of his best work rapping in D & YG and he and Mike Dean brought it to another level musically, I would put them both in the same area as solid west coast classics

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 01:44:05 PM »
higheyecue does Jessica Alba belong in the same class as Kurupt to you 8)

they both fell off a little but are still tight

d-nice

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 01:48:21 PM »
D&YG is really the height of DPGRecordz. It had already been almost 5 or 6 years since the first album was dropped and people were wondering what Daz was going to do after he left Death Row. So for me at least, I was surprised they did it indie and the quality of the release because I always thought they were going to sign with another label. On a major this would have went gold easy, alot of songs worthy of singles. But gangsta at the same time.

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 02:01:54 PM »
D&YG is really the height of DPGRecordz. It had already been almost 5 or 6 years since the first album was dropped and people were wondering what Daz was going to do after he left Death Row. So for me at least, I was surprised they did it indie and the quality of the release because I always thought they were going to sign with another label. On a major this would have went gold easy, alot of songs worthy of singles. But gangsta at the same time.

Yea, 4 Sho One of my favorite Rap albums Ever! 8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2007, 03:45:01 PM »
this, R.A.W., and 'dat whoopty whoop' are all super solid peak of dpgrecords releases imo

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 05:14:22 PM »
this, R.A.W., and 'dat whoopty whoop' are all super solid peak of dpgrecords releases imo

-T

True, but ALOT of people were waiting for that true follow up to Dogg Food. But yeah those 3 albums are the foundation.