Author Topic: My Busta Rhymes "Big Bang" review  (Read 252 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
My Busta Rhymes "Big Bang" review
« on: September 09, 2007, 03:44:15 AM »
Im in the mood for reviews these days and since no one checks the review section:

01. Get You Some feat. Marsha & Q-Tip 5/5
Just wow. Busta murdered it, Dre killed it with the amazing produciton (best since Outta Control remix). The piano, the drums and the magic violins in the chours; doesnt get better than this. Tip and Marsha add their special touch. A great intro track that makes you think positive about the tracks ahead of you. This was apparantley meant to be the first track on Detox but Dre decided to give it to Busta the last minute. If this is the sound  of Detox than I will be very happy. Classic number 1.

02. Touch It 4/5
Not really a fan of Swizzy but I guess he gave Busta a creative beat. The track itself is very original, with Busta switching  the fast paced and the laid back flow. The track bangs hard in a good system but doesnt have a high replay value for me.

03. How We Do It Over Here feat. Missy Elliot 4/5
Another head nodder from Dre. The track itself sounds like Candy Shop part 2, from the beat, to Busta's seductive flow. Dope track but Dre and Busta could've created a better club joint.

04. Been Thorugh The Storm feat. Stevie Wonder 5/5
When I first heard this I was speachless. The best track in years IMO. The very talented Sha Money XL provided a very dark but that orchestra, movie sounding beat. Of course Dre added his co-production fly shit, to make this track epic. Great story tellling from Busta and Stevie Wonder sounds amazing on the chours. Classic number 2.

05. New York Shit feat. Swizz Beatz
4/5
The legendary DJ Scratch provides a dope, eastcoast sounding beat but it gets repetitive after a while. Busta drops a NY anthem, with Swizzy actually not fucking up the track with his hype talk. Cool joint.

06. In The Ghetto feat. Rick James
4,5/5
Another different, creative track from Busta. Rick James sounds like fly as a pimp on the chours as always, Busta again proves his lyrical skills. The beat is the only thing thats bothering me a lil bit, gets annyoing after a while.

07. Cocaina feat. Marsha
5/5
Another killer Dre/ Busta combo. Dre drops a really eastcoast sounding beat that fits Busta perfectly. Busta rips the track, Marsha adds her thing in the chours and the bridge. Love the beat breakdown in the 2nd verse. Classic number 3.

08. You Cant Hold The Torch feat. Q-Tip 5/5
Fuck, this album is dope so far. Another out of the box track, with Tip and Busta going back and forth about the state of the rap game, making even more sense these days. Both rapping about their love for the rap game and expresing their frustarsions about all the wack ass rappers. Great topic. Classic number 4.

09. Goldmine feat. Raekwon 5/5
And it dont stop. With Eric Sermon and Dre behind the boards this is an instant classic. Rae and Busta kill it, the chours is dope as fuck too. Classic number 5.

10. I Love My Bitch feat. Will.I.Am & Kelis
3/5
Blah, fucking Interscope part 1. Busta sounds very forced on this track, which shows in the product itself. Will.I.Am actually dropped a funky beat but thats about it.

11. Dont Get Carrie Away feat. Nas 5/5
Doctor! Beat is bananas and the orchestra voice in the chours is AMAZING. Sounds like something 50 would pick.Nassir and Busta simply kill it. Classic number 6.

12. Theyre Out To Get Me
4/5
Very lyrical joint but its Mr. Porter that kinda fuck this track up from getting a better review. The beat and the chours are a lil bit annoying. But simply because Busta once again wilds out, it makes it a nice joint.

13. Get Down 3/5
Hmm, wtf is this Timbaland ? The unlucky probably got the only wack production from the reborn Timbo in the last 2 years. Wierd ass track, guess its creative but Buss and Tim shouldve kept it for themselves  :P. Out of place joint number 2.

14. I'll Do It All 3/5
Fucking Interscope part 2. Track aint that bad, got a nice vibe to it. Out of place joint number 3.

15. Legend Of The Falls Off 4,5/5
Another out of the box joint. Dre drops a very creative beat but it couldve been done better. Again dope storytelling from Busta but the end result is a dope track, when I think those 2 were aiming for another classic joint.

Mathematically this gets a 4,25/5 but its more of a 4,5/5 for me. Best album from the 06 easilly. Subject matter is just so fresh for todays mainstream rappers.

So, was the 3 years wait worth it ? IMO yes. Its the closest thing to a calssic on a mainstream label, since GRODT. Busta really showed a more serious, lyrical side to him, which some say its a bad thing but I love it. Dre definetly brought his best touch since GRODT, not to mention that he mixed the shit out of whole LP.

The album was very well put togehter except for those 3 out of place tracks, which dont suck or anything, but canceling those 3 and adding Imagine OG, Money and Love It Or Hate It, would make this a classic cd. Its a shame.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My Busta Rhymes "Big Bang" review
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 03:58:42 AM »
Nice review. It made throw this on!

kemizt

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 04:05:24 AM »
I'm still bumpin this album. I call THIS good music.

Lazar

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 04:10:42 AM »
Yeah, I love the album too. Got that cool Aftermath sound from the good old days of the label. Never understand so many people don´t like "The Big Bang". With "Doctor´s Advocate" the best album 06

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:24:29 AM »
I don't get how you can give some of these tracks 5/5.. Wouldn't that make them the best tracks you ever heard?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 04:37:45 AM »
No, but todays rap is so wack that this feels like a 5/5 for me. It might sound wierd to you but its the way it is.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 04:42:08 AM »
No, but todays rap is so wack that this feels like a 5/5 for me. It might sound wierd to you but its the way it is.

Aight.. Everybody got their opinions... I don't really get how you can say that todays rap is wack when you got 50 cent and kanye west in your signature though..

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »
I love track by track reviews! Good job.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 09:21:09 AM »
I woulda gave I Love My Bitch and I'll Do It All a zero. Lol.

Nah, good shit homie.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 12:03:18 PM »
I always liked "I Love My Bitch"... "Get Down" was amazingly wack, though. What happened to that beat he got from Tim in that youtube vid?

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 12:52:27 PM »
surprisingly i found I'll Do It All to be a dope track. Sure its a lovey dovey song. But you cant deny how dope that fuckin beat is...LIKE DAMN. I used to play the flute in grade 7 music, cuz i was forced too, but if i could play it half as good as whoever did on that song. Id be getting maddd bitches!

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 10:56:02 PM »
02. Touch It 4/5

10. I Love My Bitch feat. Will.I.Am & Kelis 3/5

13. Get Down 3/5

14. I'll Do It All 3/5

Agree with most of the review, except the ones aboove. All of these were super wack 1-2 otta 5 max. Touch It's a main stream song that pop fans liked so should have lefted that on but the rest...  If they were replaced those with tracks like You Don't Want None, We Up To No Good and Imagine we mighter had a classic on are hands

Legend Of The Falls Off is such a overeated track imo, beat just doesn't do it for

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »
Nice review.. this was easily one of my favorite albums of 06.

If you haven't done one already I'd love to see your review of Obie Trice's SROM.  That was another favorite album of 06 for me.