Author Topic: Kanye in the early lead  (Read 564 times)

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
Re: Kanye in the early lead
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 10:33:23 PM »

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

thisoneguy360

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 10:35:25 PM »
They both act like big headed dumb fucks but I like Kanye's music a lot more so i'll go for Kanye I guess

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 10:50:48 PM »
They both act like big headed dumb fucks but I like Kanye's music a lot more so i'll go for Kanye I guess

True but i liked 50's just as much!!!

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 11:23:33 PM »
Kanye is an arrogant prick but he makes good music, hitsdailydouble also said that Jayz was on pace to do 850k but did like 700k so these are just projections 8)

Isn't that what #'s are all about? Good music?
On my way to pick up Kanye's album, i heard about 6 cars bumpin' his shiet.
When I got to Best Buy (City Of Industry) there was a hell-of-alot more "Curtis" albums on the shelf than "Graduation" albums.
He appears on pace to do it.
We'll see...

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 11:32:57 PM »
I got neither i got a local artists record that came out today

Cyrano-Chambre 11

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 10:39:01 AM »
Kanye is an arrogant prick but he makes good music, hitsdailydouble also said that Jayz was on pace to do 850k but did like 700k so these are just projections 8)

Kanyes arrogant ??  What the fucc are you smokin 50 Cent is the most arrogant cocky cornball out there , just go look at the 106 & park show with him & Kanye on and Kanye was just chillin lettin the music decide whos best , but the Pop gangsta rapper 50 Cent liks to talk bullshit , he knows whos better KANYE WEST - GRADUATION = CLASSIC !!!!!! 8) 8)

uh yea...50 is gay but Kanye is still arrogant. quite frankly i don't care who wins, exuses will be made and 50 is under contract for 2 more albums. and Kanye's new album still isnt better than his first album. not a classic.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 11:06:52 AM »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »
Kanye will definetly win 1st week, overall I think 50 will.

Lazar

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 12:25:04 PM »
go kanye  8)

He will sell the fuck outta 50  ;D

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 12:37:35 PM »
taken from the chart race thread:

thats why i usually discount first week figures with these big artists, that would tend to do stuff like this. In my opinion first week doesnt really matter, cos the companies are just going to buy every single copy there is. but like Jrome said, check out the 2nd week declines, and the continuing weeks, and we can get a better idea.

in terms of marketing and promotions, 50 has been hittin the streets hard with all the street teams and everything, he had a lot of presence out at the VMAs and all that. Kanye has had zero street team marketing, i know people that be working out in the field, and they dont be seeing no teams out for Kanye.
However, Kanye has been hitting up all the radio stations/tvs and all that, so he's getting his promotions in through there.

and in recent light of the VMA, and with Kanye complaining about all that stuff.. yeah its publicity, but it might not be the best look to have considering its the day before your album comes out..

and finally,.. i think in the end 50 cent will still outsell Kanye. 50 has got the international game on lock. Kanye really just started fuckin with the overseas fans.. but 50's BEEN touring out in Europe and all that, his fanbase internationally is way more established than Kanyes...

just my 2 cents on this chart race..

I work at a music shop here in the UK, and "Graduation" is outselling "Curtis" like crazy in our particular branch. Kanye is firmly established overseas also, as such strong sales confirm.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »
Maaaaaannnnnnnnn Fif should have stuck to his primary release date.... :nahnah2:

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »
imo there both not worth getting....... kanye needs to stop trying to be a diva and 50 needs his style back

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »

Chief

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 04:53:36 AM »
taken from the chart race thread:

thats why i usually discount first week figures with these big artists, that would tend to do stuff like this. In my opinion first week doesnt really matter, cos the companies are just going to buy every single copy there is. but like Jrome said, check out the 2nd week declines, and the continuing weeks, and we can get a better idea.

in terms of marketing and promotions, 50 has been hittin the streets hard with all the street teams and everything, he had a lot of presence out at the VMAs and all that. Kanye has had zero street team marketing, i know people that be working out in the field, and they dont be seeing no teams out for Kanye.
However, Kanye has been hitting up all the radio stations/tvs and all that, so he's getting his promotions in through there.

and in recent light of the VMA, and with Kanye complaining about all that stuff.. yeah its publicity, but it might not be the best look to have considering its the day before your album comes out..

and finally,.. i think in the end 50 cent will still outsell Kanye. 50 has got the international game on lock. Kanye really just started fuckin with the overseas fans.. but 50's BEEN touring out in Europe and all that, his fanbase internationally is way more established than Kanyes...

just my 2 cents on this chart race..

do you have any sources for that?