Author Topic: Reports: Kanye Outselling 50 Cent By 2 to 1  (Read 492 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Reports: Kanye Outselling 50 Cent By 2 to 1
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 05:34:55 PM »
I don't get caught up in that 1st week hype man. Labels buy that shit. Look@Jigga how much he sold 1st week and then in total, embarrassing. I'm 100% sure Kanye ain't outsellnig 50 Cent by 2 to 1 when it's all said and done.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
Damn i cant beleive Kanye is winning lol!!!

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 07:25:14 PM »
Kanye's a beast. I dont even listen to hip hop anymore and i still bought his album. He draws so many different kinds of cultures and crowds, where as, wiggers and little girls will buy fiddy's predominately.

The Maestro

Narrator

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 07:51:27 PM »
I think it really just comes down to the fact that Kanye's got the hotter single right now, whereas 50 has had six which were all unsuccessful by his standards.  Granted, 50's also pissed off a lot of the heads, but that wouldn't be a factor for the white girls if he had a hot single, and he just...doesn't.
that would make the most sense, but then how do you explain T.I.'s platinum album without a big single?? Not trying to be an asshole, just curious...

I never said 50 won't go Platinum.  50's still gonna go Plat just as T.I. did cause they both have lots of fans, that ain't changed.  But a lot more people are rushing to buy Kanye's album now simply cause they've heard "Stronger" and are diggin it.  It's not that 50's album won't sell; it just doesn't have the same level of anticipation as Kanye's without a huge hit.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 07:56:28 PM »
I think it really just comes down to the fact that Kanye's got the hotter single right now, whereas 50 has had six which were all unsuccessful by his standards.  Granted, 50's also pissed off a lot of the heads, but that wouldn't be a factor for the white girls if he had a hot single, and he just...doesn't.
that would make the most sense, but then how do you explain T.I.'s platinum album without a big single?? Not trying to be an asshole, just curious...

I never said 50 won't go Platinum.  50's still gonna go Plat just as T.I. did cause they both have lots of fans, that ain't changed.  But a lot more people are rushing to buy Kanye's album now simply cause they've heard "Stronger" and are diggin it.  It's not that 50's album won't sell; it just doesn't have the same level of anticipation as Kanye's without a huge hit.
i know u didn't, i was just curious lol...true that man
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 10:22:21 PM »
i like the kanye album better but did not expect him to sell so much especially that much more than 50!!

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 10:38:10 PM »
Big shit poppin was a big single, it was all over the radio, all over tv, all over espn, etc...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 11:07:16 PM »
Eh I don't know.....I get money is by far the hottest single that either one of them have had...and if he didn't push the album back from May, he might have struggled to do 400,000, because NOBODY was on the first two singles anywhere near the same way they are on I get money.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 12:45:17 AM »
Big shit poppin was a big single, it was all over the radio, all over tv, all over espn, etc...

Ya i have no clue why the hell people keep saying Big Shit Poppin wasnt a big single, it was a fuckin huge single, it was all over radios, tv's all over the internet, anywhere u could think of it was there, that got him to sell alot of albums!!!

Elano

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 01:45:43 AM »
It would be funny as fuck, to see 50 come at number 3.

To his defense, Interscope has fucked up the promotion on this album.

On purpose i guess...

Elano

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 08:42:31 AM »
Billboard has learned that today's SoundScan Building Chart indicates first-day sales of 437,000 for West's "Graduation," 310,000 for 50 Cent's "Curtis" and 107,000 for Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates." The Building Charts offer an indication of how races shape up each week for SoundScan's final charts, which post projected national sales each Wednesday morning, extrapolated from a panel of merchants that represents more than 90% of the U.S. music market.

Retailers now contributing data to the Building Charts include Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Borders, Circuit City, iTunes, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. The last two mentioned are rackjobbers that place music into mass merchants, including WalMart's stores. More retailers will be added to that panel in the near future.

Some pundits project West will surpass 750,000. His own August 2005 release, "Late Registration," was the last album to start above that mark. It bowed at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 with opening sales of 860,000 copies and led the chart for two weeks. The largest sales week this year belongs to Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight" with 623,000, while Rascal Flatts' "Me and My Gang" had the biggest frame of 2006 when it started at 722,000.