Author Topic: Worldwide debut stats for 50 and Kanye  (Read 578 times)

TRG

Re: Worldwide debut stats for 50 and Kanye
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »
i thought it was obvious fiddy was gonna do well on the overseas sales..

he may have lost fans in the US but he's still very popular around the world

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 03:34:15 PM »
i thought it was obvious fiddy was gonna do well on the overseas sales..

he may have lost fans in the US but he's still very popular around the world

Ya they only know the gangsta side of him and all his hits, theres more shit in the US that gets out about him and all that type of publicity n shit, they dont go that in depth there!!!

Elano

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 05:49:04 PM »
50 Cent Still Confident In Sales Battle With Kanye

After weeks of public rivalry between 50 Cent and Kanye West about whose Sept. 11 album release would sell more copies, West's "Graduation" (Def Jam) has pulled into a six-figure lead over 50's "Curtis" (G-Unit/Interscope), based on projections from representatives at the four major labels. That data indicates "Graduation" leads with 781,000 units, followed by "Curtis" with 603,000.

50 Cent had claimed he would retire from making solo albums if West won the sales battle, but in an interview with Billboard, he maintains the race is still early and there is no concrete winner just yet.

"[The sales] can't be considered [any one way] anyway because it's just a few days out," he says. "I guess [the music industry] would consider me to be a hip-hop favorite because of my sales history, and people like to root for the underdog."

50 Cent also changed his tune yesterday (Sept. 13) about his threat to stop rapping. On New York's Hot 97 radio station, 50 said if West outsells him he would instead go round for round, matching G-Unit releases with Def Jam's.

"The [fans that aren't supporting me now] are the same people that supported me in the past," says 50 Cent. "The impression I gave them was so strong that they have different standards for me. When my music comes out, if it was someone else's record, it would be a hit because it spun 3,500 times. But they're looking for the hottest music out at the time from 50 Cent, so if it's not that, then they show me resistance until I deliver. I've only been in the music business for four years and I'm already receiving some backlash. That's amazing, isn't it?"

50 Cent admits he is miffed with his treatment by BET's "106 & Park" and organizers of the MTV Video Music Awards. On the former, he was upstaged by Jay-Z during an intended showdown with West, and on the latter, he says he received considerably less screen time than Kanye.

At BET on Tuesday, 50 says he could have countered the Jay-Z moment had he been informed ahead of time. "Every time I do a show, the plans change," he offers. "Now, either I'm going to know exactly what I'm doing on the show or I'm not going to go. Usually if you have a TV show and you do two songs, it's not optional for you to do two records, and another one off your album. If I knew I could've brought a special guest, I would've brought Eminem ... but that [show] is not what I needed."

"As far as the VMAs were concerned, Kanye received the upper hand. I ain't going to front," he continues. "He had four looks -- his song "Stronger," his new record "Good Life," he had a performance with Soulja Boy, "Crank Dat," and then he came out with me. So I feel like Def Jam is doing a better job of promoting the CD than Interscope. Interscope is just relying on my base and the actual music. I was on the VMAs for one minute and 20 seconds. I should've just stayed home."

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 05:51:04 PM »
Kanye West - 781k
50 Cent - Curtis - 603k

Is that worldwide?

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 06:02:09 PM »
50 got the international game on lock:

Dutch:

3: 50 Cent - Curtis
11: Kanye West - Graduation

http://dutchcharts.nl/weekchart.asp?cat=a

Germany:

1: 50 Cent - Curtis
17: Kanye West - Graduation

Irish:
2: Kanye West - Graduation

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

Australia:
Kanye didnt make the top 50.

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display.asp?chart=1A50

Kanye ISNT on the Australia charts at all cos his shit didn't drop here till last saturday (sep 15th) so for that one you gotz ta check next week, & Kanye is huge here, stronger is like in the top 10 at least on mtv & channel v count downs

H. Chad

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 07:17:42 PM »
50 got the international game on lock:

Dutch:

3: 50 Cent - Curtis
11: Kanye West - Graduation

http://dutchcharts.nl/weekchart.asp?cat=a

Germany:

17: Kanye West - Graduation

Irish:
2: Kanye West - Graduation

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

Australia:
Kanye didnt make the top 50.

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display.asp?chart=1A50

Kanye ISNT on the Australia charts at all cos his shit didn't drop here till last saturday (sep 15th) so for that one you gotz ta check next week, & Kanye is huge here, stronger is like in the top 10 at least on mtv & channel v count downs

Yeah graduation is Tripple J's (Australian Radio Station) feature album of the week and is gettin promoted quite well

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 10:00:10 PM »
in canada i think kanye is gonna win this one, most radios dont even play 50 cent and i can hear kanye's single 3-4 times a day

Matty

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 04:39:34 AM »
50 is full of crap. "But they're looking for the hottest music out at the time from 50 Cent, so if it's not that, then they show me resistance until I deliver." I'd ask 50 then why the hell aren't you dropping heat instead of some average ass album if you know people aint gonna buy it as much...clearly it has something to do with him being unable to deliver the quality of music that people expect from him anymore, especially without proper support from his biggest hitmaker (dre)...