Author Topic: The Official 2007/08 Champions League Thread  (Read 4015 times)

da_notorious_mack

Re: The Official 2007/08 Champions League Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2008, 10:12:42 AM »
i bet both of those would fetch more in the transfer market..and im not a great fan of either..Kuyts workrate cant be faulted though

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2008, 10:17:15 AM »
i bet both of those would fetch more in the transfer market..and im not a great fan of either..Kuyts workrate cant be faulted though

Atm yes, but IF I were a mangager, I'd pay more for Bendtner - got more potential, like I said - and this is first PL season. He ain't even regular.

kemizt

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »

Atm yes, but IF I were a mangager, I'd pay more for Bendtner - got more potential, like I said - and this is first PL season. He ain't even regular.

ehh i havent watched him enough to comment,but hopefully next year we can compare the potential of him and kryztian(sp) nemeth..he's been on fire for the reserves...on a sidenote was very impressed with Plessius's debut...thought he looked very composed in the centre and have seen him play well for the reserves a few time

which we brings me to my next point....and why theres no way we can end this season trophy less 8) 8) 8) 8)

the reserves won the league today..... ;D ;D ;D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2008, 01:56:18 PM »

ehh i havent watched him enough to comment,but hopefully next year we can compare the potential of him and kryztian(sp) nemeth..he's been on fire for the reserves...on a sidenote was very impressed with Plessius's debut...thought he looked very composed in the centre and have seen him play well for the reserves a few time

which we brings me to my next point....and why theres no way we can end this season trophy less 8) 8) 8) 8)

the reserves won the league today..... ;D ;D ;D

I have no idea who you're talking about :P

Congrats on the reserveleague though ;)

kemizt

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »
he should make the breakthough next year,especially if Crouch goes,eighteen and he was top scorer for the reserves this year

"Hungarian prospect Krisztian Nemeth has been a sensation for the reserves since joining from MTK Hungaria in the summer of 2007.

A brace on his debut against Man City's second string had Kopites purring – but it was a double in the mini-derby a week later that really got people talking.

Anyone who saw Nemeth during the 2006 UEFA Under-17 Championships wouldn't have been surprised. It was his performances there that first alerted Rafa Benitez and his scouts.

A year later the youngster, who can play as an attacking midfielder or up front, signed a three-year deal at Anfield alongside compatriot Andras Simon. "

Rafa got in loads of youngsters the last two years...you can tell its something i think he admires about Wenger he always goes on about it lol
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:03:47 PM by StreetsAllSalute »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »
Young guns :P

Well, let's not go off topic now.

What are your thoughts on tomorrow?

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #231 on: April 08, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »
And the ref does it again

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2008, 04:51:43 AM »
i thought it was a great game. no way was that a penalty... but sometimes that shit happens. oh and ITV out-did themselves for crappy coverage of a football game, shit commentary, always cutting to fans reactions when vital action was taking place.

Torres' goal! damn, but Walcott's run was amazing.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2008, 05:02:39 AM »
i thought it was a great game. no way was that a penalty... but sometimes that shit happens. oh and ITV out-did themselves for crappy coverage of a football game, shit commentary, always cutting to fans reactions when vital action was taking place.

Torres' goal! damn, but Walcott's run was amazing.

It was a great game, no doubt - Walcott's run was magnificent - Torres had a wonderful goal, but the penalty was a horrible decision.

I guess we don't deserve to advance with Eboue on the right wing and Senderos in the starting lineup
I still wonder why Wenger doesn't play like this:
GK: Almunia
RB: Eboue CB: Gallas & Toure LB: Clichy
RW: Walcott CM: Diaby / Fabregas & Flamini LW: Hleb / RvP
AM: Fabregas / Diaby / Hleb / RvP (can be moved up to striker)
FW: Adebayor

Walcott has the speed - he'd run the shit outta Aurelio and most left backs in PL.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:11:14 AM by K.Dub »

kemizt

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2008, 05:06:21 AM »
I fucking hate commentators.  I was hoping to watch both Chelsea vs Fernebache and Arsenal vs Liverpool back to back, and the god damn commentator gave out the result of the Arsenal game right in the final minute of the Chelsea game.  I wish there was an option where you can just listen to the stadium effects and nothing else. 

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2008, 05:12:38 AM »
I fucking hate commentators.  I was hoping to watch both Chelsea vs Fernebache and Arsenal vs Liverpool back to back, and the god damn commentator gave out the result of the Arsenal game right in the final minute of the Chelsea game.  I wish there was an option where you can just listen to the stadium effects and nothing else. 

That would be dope.

But damn, I miss the English commentators - the Norwegians suck.

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2008, 05:14:36 AM »
^im sure you were once able to do that on Sky Sports, they're commentators aren't that bad though.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2008, 05:17:32 AM »
The worse part is that I've been able to watch both games back to back without any problems.  I just had to avoid the halftime and postgame highlights, it was just that game where the Spanish commentator decided to fuck things up for me lol

Elano

« Reply #238 on: April 09, 2008, 05:40:41 AM »
i wanna see some liverpool players at the doping test......  :D

bez

« Reply #239 on: April 09, 2008, 06:15:17 AM »
The luck Liverpool get really does astonish me. Clear penalty in the first leg for the gooners and then that was never a penalty last night. Every game they play in they get so lucky.