Author Topic: Juronimo...hope your sig ain't aimed at Kobe...  (Read 4404 times)

rik

Re: Juronimo...hope your sig ain't aimed at Kobe...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 04:00:53 PM »
 :boohoo: :scarface:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 05:38:13 PM »
Kobe has bitch made tendancies simple and plain.  That doesn't mean he's not an incredible bball player, it just means that he deals w/ emotions like a bitch sometimes.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 06:15:41 PM »
^ How so? He just put up with 3 years of being the media's whipping boy, having to play alongside d-leaguers, having management look him in the eye and lie (not to mention purposely turning down possible trades), and having his prime years waisted on first round exits. I don't think you realize how detrimental winning is to his legacy right now. Its gonna look bad in 10 years when we look back at his 05-06 season and say "wait a minute...why didn't he win the MVP that season? oh wait - cuz his team sucked".

At this point, Kobe pretty much has the right to say whatever he feels. Although I don't know why he would, management took another offseason off.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:04 PM »
Nobody is saying he doesn't have a right to be mad, just that the way he chose to handled the situation was bitchmade.

The way he went about it killed any kind of leverage the Lakers could have had for making a trade. Paul Pierce didn't whine all over the media. KG didn't whine all over the media. They handled their situations a million times better.

While KG was stuck with horrible team after horrible team, Kobe got to win 3 rings as a Laker. The whole time Kobe has been on the Lakers, we only missed the playoffs once in the '04-'05 season. How many times did KG miss the playoffs? Big difference.

The Lakers did everything they could to placate Kobe. Remember all that loyalty they showed him during the rape trial? They damn near begged him to reup when Kobe opted out and Buss pretty much said he wasn't going to resign Shaq, hoping that Kobe would sign with the Lakers. They even took a step further and traded him.

Kobe signed 24 hours after Shaq was traded! 24 hours!!!

Come on man.

Kobe signed up for this. He wanted to have his own team and he got it. He could have gotten to the Clippers, who already had an establshed superstar but Kobe chose the Lakers. When I hear him whining, I'm just not feeling it.

No one is excusing the front office. I'm frustrated with them as is anyone. The way Kobe handled it just shows me that he is out for self and has no loyalty to the Lakers whatsoever. He also proved all the haters right.

And NIK, if you honestly thought that the Lakers were going to contend for a ring after trading Shaq, you must really had been delusional.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »
^ How so? He just put up with 3 years of being the media's whipping boy, having to play alongside d-leaguers, having management look him in the eye and lie (not to mention purposely turning down possible trades), and having his prime years waisted on first round exits. I don't think you realize how detrimental winning is to his legacy right now. Its gonna look bad in 10 years when we look back at his 05-06 season and say "wait a minute...why didn't he win the MVP that season? oh wait - cuz his team sucked".

At this point, Kobe pretty much has the right to say whatever he feels. Although I don't know why he would, management took another offseason off.

Kobe straight up snitched on Shaq.  Shaq had NOTHING to do w/ Kobe's case and Kobe started saying shit like "I guess I should have paid her off like Shaq does" or something to that effect.  And then signing within 24 hours after Shaq leaves, and then the whole bitching about not being a contender after this is what he wanted all along (basically everything Juronimo said). 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 11:17:16 PM »

Kobe straight up snitched on Shaq.  Shaq had NOTHING to do w/ Kobe's case and Kobe started saying shit like "I guess I should have paid her off like Shaq does" or something to that effect.  And then signing within 24 hours after Shaq leaves, and then the whole bitching about not being a contender after this is what he wanted all along (basically everything Juronimo said). 

What does that have to do with anything I said? Kobe was PROMISED that they would build a contender around him. Then they traded away his veteran help (Payton, Fisher) and went on to pass on trades that could've landed us Baron Davis, Carlos Boozer, Ron Artest, and Jason Kidd. Then This summer after Kobe made his boldest statement ever (at the time): do something and do it now - they take another vacation. So now we're coming back with the same team + Derek Fisher, another rookie, and a pissed of star player & coach.

But yeah, thats Kobe's fault cuz he "snitched on Shaq".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 08:16:13 AM »
fuck someone who cries like a bitch when they're not winning.

fuck someone who is perfectly fine with wiping his tears with 20 million dollar checks.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 08:19:01 AM »
Kobe has bitch made tendancies simple and plain.  That doesn't mean he's not an incredible bball player, it just means that he deals w/ emotions like a bitch sometimes.

The point is, he did what many greats have already done, so if you do think he's bitch-made, this isn't what made him bitch-made.....this is what made the Lakers a 50+ team in April...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 08:39:03 AM »
Nobody is saying he doesn't have a right to be mad, just that the way he chose to handled the situation was bitchmade.

The way he went about it killed any kind of leverage the Lakers could have had for making a trade. Paul Pierce didn't whine all over the media. KG didn't whine all over the media. They handled their situations a million times better.

While KG was stuck with horrible team after horrible team, Kobe got to win 3 rings as a Laker. The whole time Kobe has been on the Lakers, we only missed the playoffs once in the '04-'05 season. How many times did KG miss the playoffs? Big difference.

The Lakers did everything they could to placate Kobe. Remember all that loyalty they showed him during the rape trial? They damn near begged him to reup when Kobe opted out and Buss pretty much said he wasn't going to resign Shaq, hoping that Kobe would sign with the Lakers. They even took a step further and traded him.

Kobe signed 24 hours after Shaq was traded! 24 hours!!!

Come on man.

Kobe signed up for this. He wanted to have his own team and he got it. He could have gotten to the Clippers, who already had an establshed superstar but Kobe chose the Lakers. When I hear him whining, I'm just not feeling it.

No one is excusing the front office. I'm frustrated with them as is anyone. The way Kobe handled it just shows me that he is out for self and has no loyalty to the Lakers whatsoever. He also proved all the haters right.

And NIK, if you honestly thought that the Lakers were going to contend for a ring after trading Shaq, you must really had been delusional.

First of all, he didn't kill ANY leverage, nobody wants most of our players anyways...all it did was make Buss and Kupchak actually pursue changes this off-season, which was the intent. Of course, they failed, but to put the blame on Kobe is just about the most retarded thing I've heard. Paul Pierce is not Kobe. LMAO. He has no right to complain like Kobe did...That statement alone tells me you're speaking off of pure ignorance. McHale woulda never traded KG to the Lakers. ANY true Laker fan knows this. He did the same thing in '98, when the Lakers wanted to trade EDDIE JONES and ELDEN CAMPBELL for Tom Gugliota in a sign-and-trade...But McHale could never see himself helping the Lakers, so he let Tom Gugliota walk to Ainge and the Suns for NOTHING. The bond between Ainge and McHale is what made the KG trade go down...Any doofus knows that. If you think Lakers have been doing everything for Kobe, then you're NUTS. Absolutely. Not only does the best player on our planet not get "franchise player" luxuries, but the franchise isolates him all together. Come on, now. You haven't read ANY Laker books. LOL. (I know, that sounds funny, but it's real)...The problem with Shaq was on some complete other shit, and any blame put towards Kobe is absurd. Kobe re-signed with the Lakers after a meeting in which he was promised a contender built around him. We had Payton-Kobe-Butler-Odom-Vlade (before he was injured) at that point and we hired a high profile coach in Rudy-T, how the hell is anyone delusional for believing that could contend? COME ON, NOW...Kobe was fucked. By OUR organization. No way around it. Buss is a mad-man. I like him, but he's insane. Kobe didn't want a team for himself, he wanted to WIN IN PEACE. If you read a little more on our team, I think you'd agree. The way Kobe handled it was a last resort, because believe it or not, he DOES wanna stay on the Lakers, otherwise there NEVER woulda been a public outburst which caused a sense of urgency. He just woulda went straight to Buss with a request, and it woulda been legit. But unlike you claim, Kobe loves the P&G legacy, and sees himself retiring as a Laker. Since the day he stepped foot in the league, he said he would only skip Duke if he can play for the Lakers...AND THEN he accepted the fact that Del Harris was holding his progress back drastically to play on the Lakers. Why? Because he believed in the Lakers and he knew his day would come...Dude is wise beyond his years...And for you to ignorantly blast him like that is just wrong on your behalf. I genuinely think you would have a different mind-state had you known the facts...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »

Uhhh, Kobe said he'd opt out from the get-go. He signed with the Lakers after a meeting with Buss and said he wouldn't mind playing alongside Shaq for his whole career...Now you're just copying what Juronimo's saying, be your own man. And Kobe "straight up" snitched on Shaq? LOL. Snitching involves getting someone in trouble...Kobe was being "privately" INTERROGATED by cops and asked "what if I had paid her off like Shaq sometimes does?". Dude was under mad heat, you think he was thinking about snitching or about getting out of the situation?...the shit was never supposed to leak, and even though I can see how it's fucked up, it's still not "snitching"...PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:32 AM »
you guys need to listen to NIK more, he knows what he is talking about. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 10:21:43 AM »
What's the purpose of blaming Kobe ? Yeah dude can be a bitch sometimes but he only cares about winning and as a Lakers fan that's all I care about ... he called the FO out and he's right ... as much as I love this team , people in charge of the decisions are joke... Aren't y'all fed up with the mediocrity we're stucked in for 3 years ?  Lakers B-Ball is about winning , at least doing the best the organization can in order to win .. unfortunately it's obviously not the case during these 3 latest years ... thing is the FO didn't handle the Shaq well at all .. we had to trade him , I have no pb with it but we should have taken our time and pulled the trigger for better players ... at this point mistakes have been made (not firing Vlade , giving Kwame his 3rd years , missing some big name trades ...) and we have lil leverage with this roster when it comes to players trade values .. only Lamar and Andrew are tradable , as Nik said , nobody wants our players (well I understand) .... and we should blame Kobe for all this ? Yeah the guy who is the only reason why we don't look like the Atlanta Hawks now ... yeah just trade him , fire Phil because they "disrespect"( spoke their mind about this BS FO) .... and le'ts play the lottery for the upcoming ten years  ::)... the worst thing with this FO pleased with this mediocrity( BUT Making a lot of money with Kobe superstar status) is that some fans are "blind" and are happy to just make the playoffs every year

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 11:41:03 AM »
You know what else is funny? I believe Juronimo is one of the people who was down with Shaq, even after he turned his back on us for money...But when Kobe speaks out on his will to WIN and our organization holding him back from that, he's "out for himself" and has "no loyalty"...Despite the fact that dude could EASILY be traded if it's what he truly wants (LOL if you believe otherwise). The trade request was undeniably a cry for management to get help... a cry that many of you Laker fans have been sobbing in for years now...he said it himself, "I love the Laker legacy and want to retire here more than anything". Shaq was never even close to that, he was always about building his own resume...So shut up and thank the man who does everything for our team with nothing in return. Almost like the exact opposite of what your beloved Shaq was doing during his last few years here...PeACe

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 03:23:55 PM »
you guys need to listen to NIK more, he knows what he is talking about. 

I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 03:51:28 PM »
^^What am I wrong about then? At least disprove what I'm saying if you're gunna talk shit...

Much respect to Spice. Dude knows what's up...PeACe