Author Topic: Juronimo...hope your sig ain't aimed at Kobe...  (Read 4401 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Juronimo...hope your sig ain't aimed at Kobe...
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2007, 12:41:48 PM »
the real question is : Would you have prefered Magic to not "talking shit" about the coach than speaking mind who actually helped to lead to many rings ...

I would prefer Magic not asking for a trade. Be a man, honor your contract and don't air out your dirty laundry to the media.

So you prefer no 80's Laker dynasty...LOL.

rik

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »
the real question is : Would you have prefered Magic to not "talking shit" about the coach than speaking mind who actually helped to lead to many rings ...

I would prefer Magic not asking for a trade. Be a man, honor your contract and don't air out your dirty laundry to the media.

So you prefer no 80's Laker dynasty...LOL.

When did I say that?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 12:44:52 PM »
There would be no 80's dynasty had Magic not done what he did...It's the sole reason Pat Riley was named our head coach.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »
^ How so? He just put up with 3 years of being the media's whipping boy, having to play alongside d-leaguers, having management look him in the eye and lie (not to mention purposely turning down possible trades), and having his prime years waisted on first round exits. I don't think you realize how detrimental winning is to his legacy right now. Its gonna look bad in 10 years when we look back at his 05-06 season and say "wait a minute...why didn't he win the MVP that season? oh wait - cuz his team sucked".

At this point, Kobe pretty much has the right to say whatever he feels. Although I don't know why he would, management took another offseason off.

Kobe straight up snitched on Shaq.  Shaq had NOTHING to do w/ Kobe's case and Kobe started saying shit like "I guess I should have paid her off like Shaq does" or something to that effect.  And then signing within 24 hours after Shaq leaves, and then the whole bitching about not being a contender after this is what he wanted all along (basically everything Juronimo said). 

Uhhh, Kobe said he'd opt out from the get-go. He signed with the Lakers after a meeting with Buss and said he wouldn't mind playing alongside Shaq for his whole career...Now you're just copying what Juronimo's saying, be your own man. And Kobe "straight up" snitched on Shaq? LOL. Snitching involves getting someone in trouble...Kobe was being "privately" INTERROGATED by cops and asked "what if I had paid her off like Shaq sometimes does?". Dude was under mad heat, you think he was thinking about snitching or about getting out of the situation?...the shit was never supposed to leak, and even though I can see how it's fucked up, it's still not "snitching"...PeACe

Nothing you can say will change the fact that Kobe was being drug through the mud, so he started reaching for anything to distract attention away from himself.  He brought Shaq into it when he had shit to do with his rape trial.  If one of my people did that shit to me they'd get dealt with.  And I would no longer associate myself with that person because they're a bitch. 

There's this one cat I work with that's always caught up in some kind of drama, especially w/ the broads at work.  I learned real quick after being around him to not divulge any info that I didn't want to get out because dude is a bitch straight up and down.  The type of dude that will sell you out in a heartbeat as soon as they're backed into a corner.  I don't respect ANYONE that does that shit. 

The point is, it wasn't "info", the whole world knew about Shaq and all his bitches, did you even read the interrogation (which the bitch-made cops leaked)? Kobe was basically reiterating to the COP (not to any media outlet) that he shoulda' done what Shaq does...In fact, 99% of the basketball world does this. It's not snitching, he was tryna save his family and marriage with whatever it takes, that's all there is to it...PeACe

Yeah, fuck the cops in that situation for leaking it or whatever.  Regardless, Shaq had shit to do with Kobe's situation.  Even if 99% of people do it, I'd fuck someone up in that situation if they put me on blast like that.  And Kobe tryin to justify it saying that everybody does it, why does he call out Shaq's name?  He was just trying to deflect attention away from himself...What about Shaq's family?  It was a bitch move straight up and down. 

rik

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2007, 04:41:44 PM »
There would be no 80's dynasty had Magic not done what he did...It's the sole reason Pat Riley was named our head coach.

Nobody knows that for sure.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 06:21:21 PM »
^ How so? He just put up with 3 years of being the media's whipping boy, having to play alongside d-leaguers, having management look him in the eye and lie (not to mention purposely turning down possible trades), and having his prime years waisted on first round exits. I don't think you realize how detrimental winning is to his legacy right now. Its gonna look bad in 10 years when we look back at his 05-06 season and say "wait a minute...why didn't he win the MVP that season? oh wait - cuz his team sucked".

At this point, Kobe pretty much has the right to say whatever he feels. Although I don't know why he would, management took another offseason off.

Kobe straight up snitched on Shaq.  Shaq had NOTHING to do w/ Kobe's case and Kobe started saying shit like "I guess I should have paid her off like Shaq does" or something to that effect.  And then signing within 24 hours after Shaq leaves, and then the whole bitching about not being a contender after this is what he wanted all along (basically everything Juronimo said). 

Uhhh, Kobe said he'd opt out from the get-go. He signed with the Lakers after a meeting with Buss and said he wouldn't mind playing alongside Shaq for his whole career...Now you're just copying what Juronimo's saying, be your own man. And Kobe "straight up" snitched on Shaq? LOL. Snitching involves getting someone in trouble...Kobe was being "privately" INTERROGATED by cops and asked "what if I had paid her off like Shaq sometimes does?". Dude was under mad heat, you think he was thinking about snitching or about getting out of the situation?...the shit was never supposed to leak, and even though I can see how it's fucked up, it's still not "snitching"...PeACe

Nothing you can say will change the fact that Kobe was being drug through the mud, so he started reaching for anything to distract attention away from himself.  He brought Shaq into it when he had shit to do with his rape trial.  If one of my people did that shit to me they'd get dealt with.  And I would no longer associate myself with that person because they're a bitch. 

There's this one cat I work with that's always caught up in some kind of drama, especially w/ the broads at work.  I learned real quick after being around him to not divulge any info that I didn't want to get out because dude is a bitch straight up and down.  The type of dude that will sell you out in a heartbeat as soon as they're backed into a corner.  I don't respect ANYONE that does that shit. 

The point is, it wasn't "info", the whole world knew about Shaq and all his bitches, did you even read the interrogation (which the bitch-made cops leaked)? Kobe was basically reiterating to the COP (not to any media outlet) that he shoulda' done what Shaq does...In fact, 99% of the basketball world does this. It's not snitching, he was tryna save his family and marriage with whatever it takes, that's all there is to it...PeACe

Yeah, fuck the cops in that situation for leaking it or whatever.  Regardless, Shaq had shit to do with Kobe's situation.  Even if 99% of people do it, I'd fuck someone up in that situation if they put me on blast like that.  And Kobe tryin to justify it saying that everybody does it, why does he call out Shaq's name?  He was just trying to deflect attention away from himself...What about Shaq's family?  It was a bitch move straight up and down. 

He was tryna deflect attention away from the cop? How does that make sense. The cop already knew he fucked the bitch...He just used Shaq as an example (since everyone knows), not knowing the cop would leak out the whole interrogation to the media...It's a burnt situation, yes, but it doesn't make a person a "bitch", not under the circumstances he was in, at least...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2007, 06:22:20 PM »

Nobody knows that for sure.

I highly doubt the Showtime Lakers woulda been the same without Pat Riley...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 07:17:08 PM »

He was tryna deflect attention away from the cop? How does that make sense. The cop already knew he fucked the bitch...He just used Shaq as an example (since everyone knows), not knowing the cop would leak out the whole interrogation to the media...It's a burnt situation, yes, but it doesn't make a person a "bitch", not under the circumstances he was in, at least...PeACe

Explain to me how Shaq had ANYTHING to do with Kobe's trial.  He had nothing to do with it.  And you keep saying "everyone knows", well I didn't know and neither did millions of other people.  Maybe you're connected to bballers personal lives, but most people aren't.  Kobe is bitch for that.  And that IS snitchin - whether it be to a cop or to Shaq's wifey.  You don't think that shit caused turmoil in Shaq's personal life and family?  Kobe's a bitch for that.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2007, 10:19:07 PM »
NIK, this is a response to your post earlier. My responses are bolded.

First of all, he didn't kill ANY leverage,

Demanding a trade definitely kills leverage. Remember 2004? I don't know how you can say it doesn't. If it happens behind closed doors, then no, but since he went attention whoring those few days, it definitely hurt any chance the Lakers had to get a trade accomplished without getting royally screwed.

nobody wants most of our players anyways...all it did was make Buss and Kupchak actually pursue changes this off-season, which was the intent. Of course, they failed, but to put the blame on Kobe is just about the most retarded thing I've heard.

I put the blame on Kobe for his behavior, and the pattern of behavior that has been clearly established with his most recent outburst, which has the hurt the team's chances, the same team I've been rooting for since the Lakers Celtics rivalry.

Paul Pierce is not Kobe. LMAO. He has no right to complain like Kobe did...

Yes he does, he's the franchise player of his team, but I know that Kobe fans hate any other player that plays SF/SG. Also, PP only made the playoffs once or twice, while Kobe has only missed the playoffs once and won 3 rings. PP has 10 times more reason to complain than Kobe.

That statement alone tells me you're speaking off of pure ignorance.

How? For establishing a pattern of behavior? Behavior that has hurt the Lakers?

McHale woulda never traded KG to the Lakers. ANY true Laker fan knows this. He did the same thing in '98, when the Lakers wanted to trade EDDIE JONES and ELDEN CAMPBELL for Tom Gugliota in a sign-and-trade...But McHale could never see himself helping the Lakers, so he let Tom Gugliota walk to Ainge and the Suns for NOTHING. The bond between Ainge and McHale is what made the KG trade go down...Any doofus knows that.

I know that, I never expected a KG trade that had 0.1% chance of happening, which is another reason why I was irritated by Kobe's irrational display. I and anyone with more than one brain cell knew KG was not going to be a Laker.

If you think Lakers have been doing everything for Kobe, then you're NUTS. Absolutely.

It's the FO's responsiblity to put a winning team on the court. I'm not defending the poor decisions the FO ahs made, but it's not their duty to kiss Kobe's ass and placate his desperate need for attention and his massive ego.

Not only does the best player on our planet not get "franchise player" luxuries, but the franchise isolates him all together.

Which is why Jerry Buss met with Kobe in Europe while on vacation, that's why the Lakers flew him back and forth to Colorado on thier charter, that's why they provided security for Kobe for free, that's why they gave Kobe his own team, I say he's gotten luxuries that no other franchise player in history has gotten.

Come on, now. You haven't read ANY Laker books. LOL. (I know, that sounds funny, but it's real)...

I actually have that Monster's Ball book

The problem with Shaq was on some complete other shit, and any blame put towards Kobe is absurd.

They were both out of pocket. Just because I don't like what Kobe has done does not mean I approve of the way Shaq handled things.

Kobe re-signed with the Lakers after a meeting in which he was promised a contender built around him. We had Payton-Kobe-Butler-Odom-Vlade (before he was injured) at that point and we hired a high profile coach in Rudy-T, how the hell is anyone delusional for believing that could contend?

You have to be kidding me. Let me ask you a question, if the Spurs traded Duncan for let's say, Rashard Lewis, do you expect them to content? You don't trade the most dominant force in the league and expect to waltz to the finals. If Kobe believed that, that is his own fault. As fans, we hope for the best, but come on.

COME ON, NOW...Kobe was fucked. By OUR organization. No way around it.

Your own team, finally being the "man", $20 million/year contract, no more Shaq, damn, I wish I could get "fucked" like that by the people I work for.

Buss is a mad-man. I like him, but he's insane.

I never denied that the FO hasn't handled things properly and made bad decisions. I agree that Jim Buss has no business making any kind of decisions. I am as frustrated with the decisions of the FO as anyone. All Kobe did was throw a nuclear bomb into the fire, making things a million times worse.

Kobe didn't want a team for himself, he wanted to WIN IN PEACE. If you read a little more on our team, I think you'd agree. The way Kobe handled it was a last resort, because believe it or not, he DOES wanna stay on the Lakers, otherwise there NEVER woulda been a public outburst which caused a sense of urgency.

Kobe has yet to retract his trade request. That sounds like someone who wants to play for the Lakers. I'm sure Kobe really wanted to play for the Lakers when he was entertaining all of those other free agent offers.

He just woulda went straight to Buss with a request, and it woulda been legit. But unlike you claim, Kobe loves the P&G legacy, and sees himself retiring as a Laker.

Actions speak louder than words, and his actions say that he doesn't want to be a player. By saying "trade me to Pluto", that really sounds like a person that wants to retire as a Laker.

Since the day he stepped foot in the league, he said he would only skip Duke if he can play for the Lakers...AND THEN he accepted the fact that Del Harris was holding his progress back drastically to play on the Lakers. Why?

That was then, this is now, also he wasn't ready for big minutes at 18.

Because he believed in the Lakers and he knew his day would come...Dude is wise beyond his years...And for you to ignorantly blast him like that is just wrong on your behalf. I genuinely think you would have a different mind-state had you known the facts...PeACe

NIK, you have blasted Shaq for dissin the Lakers after his trade. Kobe has done the same thing WHILE HE IS TECHINICALLY STILL A LAKER!!! Why does he get a free pass? Why is he above criticism?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2007, 12:10:43 AM »

LMAO@you "didn't know"...All you had to do was read some books to know, it was publicized EVERYWHERE. Kobe was using it as an example, in PRIVATE.

Explain to me how Shaq had ANYTHING to do with Kobe's trial.  He had nothing to do with it.  And you keep saying "everyone knows", well I didn't know and neither did millions of other people.  Maybe you're connected to bballers personal lives, but most people aren't.  Kobe is bitch for that.  And that IS snitchin - whether it be to a cop or to Shaq's wifey.  You don't think that shit caused turmoil in Shaq's personal life and family?  Kobe's a bitch for that.

LMAO@you "didn't know"...All you had to do was read some books to know, it was publicized EVERYWHERE. Kobe was using it as an example, in PRIVATE. Funny "arguments", though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2007, 12:39:16 AM »

First of all, he didn't kill ANY leverage,

Demanding a trade definitely kills leverage. Remember 2004? I don't know how you can say it doesn't. If it happens behind closed doors, then no, but since he went attention whoring those few days, it definitely hurt any chance the Lakers had to get a trade accomplished without getting royally screwed.

2004? When Shaq demanded a trade? What the hell are you going on about? If it happened behind closed doors, then it would be a legit request which woulda' been fulfilled, not a cry for help to retain the Laker legacy. What don't you get here? How was leverage killed and in what deals? Prove something...LOL. If anything, people would pursue negotiations with Kupchak in this situation, knowing he'd be anxious to trade away key players to please Kobe...But neither was the case. This had nothing to do with "leverage". The FO only began pursuing trades AMDITINGLY after Kobe spoke up.

I put the blame on Kobe for his behavior, and the pattern of behavior that has been clearly established with his most recent outburst, which has the hurt the team's chances, the same team I've been rooting for since the Lakers Celtics rivalry.

Pattern of behavior? What behavior? His strong will to win? Once again, read "Madmen's Ball", or at least my Laker Megapost.

Yes he does, he's the franchise player of his team, but I know that Kobe fans hate any other player that plays SF/SG. Also, PP only made the playoffs once or twice, while Kobe has only missed the playoffs once and won 3 rings. PP has 10 times more reason to complain than Kobe.

First of all, know what the hell you're saying. Paul Pierce DID request a trade, which led to the trade for Ray Allen and then KG.  Second of all, stop being immature and generalizing Kobe fans as people who "hate any other players who play SF/SG". That's lame...I like Paul Pierce, I think he's an excellent player. That said, he's no Kobe, and has not put in nearly as much as Kobe has into his organization. Not even close.  In fact, he couldn't even carry his team to the playoffs in the east....But that's not to say he's not great. again, though, he's no Kobe and he did request a trade. So this argument is flawed from both directions. Kobe knows what it's like to win, and he has a much higher drive than Pierce, so his desire to be at the top again will naturally be stronger, as well.

How? For establishing a pattern of behavior? Behavior that has hurt the Lakers?

Pattern of what? Read my mega-post...this is the first time Kobe broke down like this, and it's not a pattern. In fact, it's out-of-character for him.

I know that, I never expected a KG trade that had 0.1% chance of happening, which is another reason why I was irritated by Kobe's irrational display. I and anyone with more than one brain cell knew KG was not going to be a Laker.

LOL if you think this was about KG. It's about MUCH more than that...Pay attention.

It's the FO's responsiblity to put a winning team on the court. I'm not defending the poor decisions the FO ahs made, but it's not their duty to kiss Kobe's ass and placate his desperate need for attention and his massive ego.

It's not their duty to kiss his ass, but they sure as hell shouldn't isolate the guy who's been carrying them on his back...and LMAO@massive ego. the guy who protects Shaq...Read Byron Scott's quote in my Lakers Megapost, PLEASE.

Which is why Jerry Buss met with Kobe in Europe while on vacation, that's why the Lakers flew him back and forth to Colorado on thier charter, that's why they provided security for Kobe for free, that's why they gave Kobe his own team, I say he's gotten luxuries that no other franchise player in history has gotten.

LMAO...Kobe's gotten luxuries that no other player has gotten? COME ON, MAN. Think about Jordan. Think about Shaq...When Shaq was here, his primaddona ass got everything he wanted. He even declared himself the GM at one point. Kobe is a humble dude, he wants to win first and look good second. Who gives a shit if they got him jets, you can't buy off losing with money...

I actually have that Monster's Ball book

Monsters Ball? LOL...see what I mean.

They were both out of pocket. Just because I don't like what Kobe has done does not mean I approve of the way Shaq handled things.

Yet, you backed Shaq when he left, but hate on Kobe while he's still here? Good one.

You have to be kidding me. Let me ask you a question, if the Spurs traded Duncan for let's say, Rashard Lewis, do you expect them to content? You don't trade the most dominant force in the league and expect to waltz to the finals. If Kobe believed that, that is his own fault. As fans, we hope for the best, but come on.

I believed we coulda contended by now, and that was definitely not out of the question...This is Kobe in his prime we're talking about,

Your own team, finally being the "man", $20 million/year contract, no more Shaq, damn, I wish I could get "fucked" like that by the people I work for.

LOL@"no more Shaq". This is how I know you're brain-washing yourself... never once did Kobe request "no more Shaq", something Shaq did about Kobe everytime he got his monthly period. Kobe has a team, but he has no say in the team, like past superstars of his caliber have...The FO had chances to bring some guys that Phil and Kobe begged for, but declined without asking the opinion of either. Understand the issue before you attempt to judge.

I never denied that the FO hasn't handled things properly and made bad decisions. I agree that Jim Buss has no business making any kind of decisions. I am as frustrated with the decisions of the FO as anyone. All Kobe did was throw a nuclear bomb into the fire, making things a million times worse.

Can't see how things got "a million times worse"...that sounds funny though. If things are "a million times worse", we're doomed. We'll see when the season starts though. ;)

Kobe has yet to retract his trade request.

Very, very wrong. More ignorance on the situation.

Actions speak louder than words, and his actions say that he doesn't want to be a player. By saying "trade me to Pluto", that really sounds like a person that wants to retire as a Laker.

He never said "trade me to pluto"...he said "i'd play on pluto at this point"...his main emphasis was on his desire to win, and his main goal was always to win as a Laker and he reitterated that over and over.

That was then, this is now, also he wasn't ready for big minutes at 18.

Everyone knows Del Harris slowed Kobe's progress...Kobe was okay with it, cuz he always knew he'd come along. One of the reasons Harris was fired was for stunting Kobe's growth.

NIK, you have blasted Shaq for dissin the Lakers after his trade. Kobe has done the same thing WHILE HE IS TECHINICALLY STILL A LAKER!!! Why does he get a free pass? Why is he above criticism?

Kobe didn't diss the Lakers, he dissed management and was isolated/lied to by management. Shaq's situation was COMPLETELY different. It was over $$money$$, not over WINNING... and Shaq dissed the city of LA as well, while Kobe embraces us as one of the reasons he's still here...It's amazing you can't see the difference. Seriously, though, homie...Check out some of them books...PeACe
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 12:42:55 AM by Now_I_Know »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
Do you honestly think Kobe's bitching this summer will bring the next Laker dynatsy? When that happens then you can say what Kobe need was good. But the best I saw this season as a result of this was the signing of Fisher. A real difference maker. ::) Not to mention he pretty much just shitted on his team mates. Despite what they might tell you in interviews, that can be taken as a real insult by players.

Hiring a good coach (which the Lakers already have), not nearly as hard as trading for better talent.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2007, 02:40:44 PM »
Do you honestly think Kobe's bitching this summer will bring the next Laker dynatsy? When that happens then you can say what Kobe need was good. But the best I saw this season as a result of this was the signing of Fisher. A real difference maker. ::) Not to mention he pretty much just shitted on his team mates. Despite what they might tell you in interviews, that can be taken as a real insult by players.

Hiring a good coach (which the Lakers already have), not nearly as hard as trading for better talent.

What the hell are you even talking about? Have you seen the greatest players to play the game in action? They all busted their teammates asses regularly, and Jordan did it excessively. What Kobe did will only add extra motivation to our players to concentrate more of their efforts on the game of basketball, instead of "porn and video games", like Phil Jackson joked about...And Kobe never demanded a trade, he demanded a winner mentality. Look at the whole the picture...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2007, 09:09:34 PM »

LMAO@you "didn't know"...All you had to do was read some books to know, it was publicized EVERYWHERE. Kobe was using it as an example, in PRIVATE.

LMAO@you "didn't know"...All you had to do was read some books to know, it was publicized EVERYWHERE. Kobe was using it as an example, in PRIVATE. Funny "arguments", though.

No I didn't know, and honestly I could give a fuck less what somebody does in their personal lives that I have no connection with.  I'm sure it's common knowledge to Laker groupies, but I don't fit that category and neither do most people.  I do know that Shaq had nothing to do with Kobe's rape trial, and yet Kobe brought up the fact that he shoulda paid off his broads like Shaq does.  Who gives a fuck if it was in private?  Bottom line is is that Kobe made it public knowledge as soon as he ran his mouth about it.  I guaran-fuckin-tee that if I don't want people to know some of my down low shit I DON'T SAY NOTHIN ABOUT IT, ESPECIALLY TO A FUCKIN COP.

Nothing you can say can change the fact that Kobe is a bitch for doing that.  Maybe it's acceptable in your world, but in mine I'd fuck somebody up if the EVER did that hatin ass bitch shit on me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2007, 10:38:33 PM »

No I didn't know, and honestly I could give a fuck less what somebody does in their personal lives that I have no connection with.  I'm sure it's common knowledge to Laker groupies, but I don't fit that category and neither do most people.  I do know that Shaq had nothing to do with Kobe's rape trial, and yet Kobe brought up the fact that he shoulda paid off his broads like Shaq does.  Who gives a fuck if it was in private?  Bottom line is is that Kobe made it public knowledge as soon as he ran his mouth about it.  I guaran-fuckin-tee that if I don't want people to know some of my down low shit I DON'T SAY NOTHIN ABOUT IT, ESPECIALLY TO A FUCKIN COP.

Nothing you can say can change the fact that Kobe is a bitch for doing that.  Maybe it's acceptable in your world, but in mine I'd fuck somebody up if the EVER did that hatin ass bitch shit on me.

If I was known for fucking bitches and paying them off to keep 'em happy, and one of my homies got in some major heat for "raping" some bitch and tried getting off while using my infamous situation as an example, I would definitely not get offended or butt-hurt over it...PeACe