Author Topic: BISHOP AND OMAR CRUZ 60 SECONDS OF FAME IS OVER! CROOKED WON!!  (Read 1034 times)

reality1000

• Lil Geezy
BISHOP AND OMAR CRUZ 60 SECONDS OF FAME IS OVER! CROOKED WON!!
« on: September 26, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
you know i hate to be the one to really say it like that but the truth is that bishop and omar cruz had their chance and blew it.           now im not saying that these dudes are wack because i actually think they are decent rappers that have made some cool songs here and there.      but the truth is that both of these guys are out there promoting their new singles without no support from the label which means that not even the label is behind them anymore.

lets start with bishop.  this guy missed the boat completely more then any of the other guys like omar, glasses, spider, etc.  he had his chance to make his move when he released that video with dre in the studio, but just couldn't capitalize on it.  he had a nice little buzz going but just couldn't deliver the music to match that buzz.  now, hes got his people sending out press releases begging people to request his single on the radio.  its over for bishop and the reformation is not coming out.  the fact that the label isn't pushing him at all right now or that dre hasn't even mentioned bishops name in any of these recent articles he has done just showed me that dre is done with bishop.  but that's dre.  he opens the door for you and gives you the chance to make shit happen.  if you dont make shit happen, then its on to the next nigga.  right now it's all about dre, 50 cent, eminem and game.   it sucks but that is all it seems jimmy iovine cares about.  bishop has completely lost any buzz he had but he has no one else to blame but himself and management.  if him and his management was smart, he would grab his album and sign a distribution deal with koch and put that shit out now while he still has a few people checking for him.

as far as omar cruz. well the whole mexican rapper thing is over.  yeah he is a good rapper for being mexican, but that is pretty much as far as it goes.  the mixtape game is over now and i noticed that once that ended, the little buzz that he did have died also.  he has done numerous articles, interviews, etc in big magazines, but the music just hasn't been good enough to sustain any type of buzz outside of l.a.  Omar and his management are also better off going to Koch and doing the same thing as Bishop now while you still have some heads checking for you.

reading that j.r. rotem interview on thaformula really made me realize the difference between good and bad management.   j.r. was smart to get a real professional manager on his team.  a lot of these dudes mistakes is having their homies as their manager or having your mom as your manager.  in 2007 that shit aint cutting it cousin.

Here are a few things that pretty much put the nail on the coffin for bishop, omar, spider loc, glasses, etc. in my eyes:

1) Crooked I is the only mc that has really opened the eyes of people in other coasts.  His hip hop weekly shit has comepletely smashed every other up and coming L.A. rappers buzz.  he is the one right now in the west that people are checking for in L.A. and outside of L.A.

its funny to me actually because i really never thought that crooked would get his props.  i honestly thought it would be bishop, glasses, omar, or spider loc that would start to blow outside of L.A. due to the fact that they all had a label with money behind them.    but it just goes to show you that people respect real lyrical talent.  crooked I is the best mc in the west and after listening to the hip hop weekly shit, you cannot dispute it.  will he blow the fuck up?  probably not.  but  what i do know is that he has made himself the frontrunner without the help of dre, busta, interscope, geffen, "being a mexican rapper", latin rap conference, aftermath records, etc.  He has killed every other west coast rappers buzz by using his MUSIC and the skill and talent that he was born with and that's how it used to be back in the day and that's how it should be now.  fuck a gimmick!

2)  this one here really showed me what people outside of los angeles think.  if you look at the new xxl issue cover for "the leaders of the new school", the only los angeles rapper on the cover is crooked I.  There is no bishop, no omar cruz, no glasses, no spider loc, etc.  why wasn't bishop on that cover if Dre & Aftermath are really behind him and if his album is really supposed to drop soon.  you would think that they would pull some strings to get him on the cover.  why wasn't omar on the cover if geffen really feels they got a winner on their hands and why wasn't bishops and omar's management not made aware of this cover and try to get up in there even if they had to pay for it.   crooked I was chosen because he has built a buzz that has crossed over to other regions and it continues to grow.  talent, not money got him on that cover.  honestly, i dont think crooked will ever really blow up, but he is the best thing the west has at the moment and you have to respect what he has done without a big machine or big name producers and artsits behind him.

In closing your honor, I'm not saying that bishop and omar are wack.  they are decent mc's, but the truth is they are just your average mc when it's all said and done.  they have yet to figure out how to make a hit record or get any type of respect from the other regions.  add that to the fact that these guys have terrible management and all that together equals to a trip to koch records. 

CROOKED I IS THE MAN RIGHT NOW AND I REALLY HOPE HE AND HIS MANAGEMENT DON'T FUCK THIS UP BECAUSE ONE WRONG MOVE AND ITS A WRAP!

REALITY1000 ALL UP IS YA AREA!

I'M OUT!!!

AnybodyKilla

Re: BISHOP AND OMAR CRUZ 60 SECONDS OF FAME IS OVER! CROOKED WON!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 03:23:07 PM »
Didnt read any of that, but ok!!!

reality1000

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:27:47 PM »
i dont care if nobody reads it.   i just felt like typing the shit while i was at work and the shit was on my mind.  i got a few hours to kill so fuck it.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 03:28:43 PM »
i dont care if nobody reads it.   i just felt like typing the shit while i was at work and the shit was on my mind.  i got a few hours to kill so fuck it.

Hahaha ight!!!

rik

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 03:42:15 PM »
LOL at Bishop and Omar blowing their chances, when Crooked I's been in the game for 10+ years with not one solo album.

The only blowing going on here is you blowing Crooked I's dick.

everlast1986

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »
LOL at Bishop and Omar blowing their chances, when Crooked I's been in the game for 10+ years with not one solo album.

messi19

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 03:49:35 PM »

LOL yeah i agree wit dude a lil but i def agree with this shit right here, there's still
a chance for em to blew.

And PS. Jimmy Iovine only cares about 50, Dre and Em not Game since the whole 50 vs Game thing started.
But i dont think he cares about 50 now though cuz he's leavin soon anyway.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:54:52 PM »

LOL yeah i agree wit dude a lil but i def agree with this shit right here, there's still
a chance for em to blew.

And PS. Jimmy Iovine only cares about 50, Dre and Em not Game since the whole 50 vs Game thing started.
But i dont think he cares about 50 now though cuz he's leavin soon anyway.
lol Jimmy still owns Game on Geffen

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 03:57:25 PM »
I don't feel like reading all that, someone summarize it for me...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 03:58:35 PM »

Well I only read the first part in bold. So yeah a little summary would be good.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 04:27:32 PM »

Ha Ha HA HA hA!!!! Go easy on him dawg!!! You damn right!! This fools is an idiot!! Crooked I has been the man for the past ten years and he dont have shit on no shelf!!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

reality1000

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 04:43:57 PM »
that's why i said crooked will probably never really blow the fuck up which makes it even worse if you think about it, that a guy that has been the NEXT mc for the last 50 years like Crooked is the one with the biggest hype right now.  shit that makes things look even worse for bishop, omar, glasses, and them.  thanks for pointing that out and making my point even stronger.

maxpowers

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 06:33:40 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y9nkyHg-i_Q

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 06:40:10 PM »
Didnt read any of that, but ok!!!

word, im just gunna assume it means crooked i is better than bishop and omar  8)

Tha Crip

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »
crooked i is hot garbage (there i said it lol..now all you crooked groupies dont cry now, its jus how i feel), theres a reason that guy aint got no official album out, dudes been in the game for a decade and still nothing, bishops only been around for a few years and hes already signed to aftermath, put out a hotass mixtape/street album thats gotten big time praise by alotta people (lotta people say it was better then most rappers retail albums this year), he also put out a myspace video of him the studio with dre something NO ONES ever done before and to top it off dude has another street album comin out that alotta people are anticipating called Caltroit, cant speak on omar cruz...never heard any of his stuff before.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"