Author Topic: *Update* PS3 Price Cut Official!  (Read 687 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
*Update* PS3 Price Cut Official!
« on: October 01, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
PS3 Price Cut Imminent?
Rumors suggest $400 console in November.

October 1, 2007 - Rumor of an upcoming PlayStation 3 price cut has been on the internet's collective lips in a big way today following the reveal of an FCC filing of a new model number of the system. While the filing did not make public specific differences between the new model and existing units (these pages will remain secret until 45-days after the filing), from the specs that were listed it would appear that the new PS3 model will feature the same CPU, Bluetooth, and WiFi capabilities as previous models. All of this suggests Sony will launch a new lower-end unit in time for the holiday buying season.

Inside sources suggest the price-cut PS3 will hit the competitive $399 price point and will include a 40-GB HDD. What's publically known is the fact that Sony has scheduled a "Big Bang" press conference for October 12th, which is now presumed to be the date the new $399 console will be announced. While nothing has been made official, general speculation suggests November 16 may be the day the new console will be made available for purchase. Stay tuned to see if the rumors turn out to be true.
-IGN.com

that would be pretty dope, too bad metal gear solid isnt coming out this year though >:(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 01:34:32 AM by Black_Smoke »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: PS3 Price Cut Imminent?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 10:56:04 PM »
Even if it was $100 i don't think i'd buy one.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Paul

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 08:07:05 AM »
fuck sake, i just bought 1 at full price >:(
funkyfreshintheflesh

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 11:35:22 AM »
Europe is meant to be getting a PS3 and Pro Evo 2008 bundle for 450 Euros I think.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 03:22:19 PM »
Yepp and its coming with a copy of Spiderman 3...

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=100207_12

$399.99 with Spider-man 3 on Blu-ray
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29194
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 04:24:59 PM »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 08:59:06 PM »
PS3 is crap.....the end.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 01:30:35 PM »
Even if it was $100 i don't think i'd buy one.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 04:23:03 PM »
Great news.................but will people still bag it when it finally becomes affordable for the average joe?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 05:23:57 PM »
Great news.................but will people still bag it when it finally becomes affordable for the average joe?

I think the reason why people are hating it so much is because there are really no solid exclusive for it yet and the games that come out on both the 360 and ps3 are better on the 360 like madden 08 for example, I plan on definitely coppin one though next year for MGS4 or God of War 3

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: *Update* PS3 Price Cut Official!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 01:35:43 AM »
Official: 40GB PS3 and UK Price Cut
Much-rumoured low-spec PlayStation 3 announced by Sony and coming to the UK next week.

UK,  October 5, 2007 - After weeks of speculation Sony has officially unveiled the lower-spec 40GB PlayStation 3 and has announced that it's heading to the UK on October 10 at the cut-down cost of 299 GBP. What's more, Sony is also slashing the cost of the 60GB PS3 down to 349 GBP.

The lower capacity hard drive aside, the entry level 40GB PS3 only has two USB ports (compared to the usual four), the multi-memory card port has been removed and the machine will not be backwards compatible with PlayStation 2 titles, because Sony reckons there has been "reduced emphasis placed on this feature amongst later purchasers of PS3".

In addition to the new model, Sony is replacing the existing Starter Pack with a new Value Pack, priced 349 GBP, for which you get a 60GB PS3, a SIXAXIS controller and two first-party titles - although exactly what games will be on offer has yet to be confirmed.

"As we approach our very first PlayStation Christmas, it is satisfying to be able to offer UK consumers the choice of two PlayStation 3 packages both now representing remarkable value," commented Ray Maguire, managing director of SCEUK, "We have a brand new 40GB machine that represents an excellent entry point into the world of high definition games and movies, and we have the fully featured 60GB machine being offered with two next generation gaming experiences at a highly competitive price."

Meanwhile, president of SCEE David Reeves added: "The introduction of the new PS3 has been the result of extensive research into the entertainment needs and preferences of the next generation of PS3 owners. It has allowed us to deliver an extremely advanced, yet highly affordable High Definition entertainment system, configured to the needs of the next generation of European PS3 owners. PS3 has always been the device of choice for the discerning gamer and entertainment seeker, and the new PS3 is more than ever the perfect High Definition entertainment system."

IGN.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
metal gear solid will probably be the best game ever,lol....im looking forward to gta 4, cannot wait for that shit, props on the new

pz

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
I really won't be buying one now, it's not even backwards compatible anymore...

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 05:01:38 PM »
fuck sake, i just bought 1 at full price >:(

.....................it's not even backwards compatible anymore

I bought my ps3 because I couldn't play God of War 2 on the ps2

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 05:43:39 PM »
I really won't be buying one now, it's not even backwards compatible anymore...
wtf? Really?  >:(
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]