Author Topic: WCW appreciation thread  (Read 1006 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
WCW appreciation thread
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:49:31 PM »
It's been like 6 years since the company collapsed (it actually seems like it's been dead since forever lol). Anyways I've been watching lots of WCW videos lately & damn I miss that federation. I remember when I was a kid & a huge WWF fan & whenever I'd see WCW I was kinda jealous cause I knew deep down in my heart that WCW was actually better than WWF lol. Eric Bischoff made history & I guess we all know that if it wasn't for him & his smart thinking WWF wouldn't be as big as it is today. Hell, we wouldn't even get the Attitude era. WCW was setting the trends, calling the shots or whatever you wanna call it. WCW was just dominating & Nitro was just electryfying. The whole feeling & atmosphere of that show was just crazy. The whole arena & ring & the entrance for the wrestlers, basically everything just looked so much better than RAW. Even their titantron couldn't save it (imo). It's sad how everyone in the end just turned their backs on WCW but I guess it's the company's own fault. I mean they made a couple of serious mistakes & paid the price. Below is the main theme for WCW Nitro & the DVD documentary "The Monday Night War". It's a great movie & a must see if you're a wrestling fan, enjoy.

WCW Nitro theme: http://rapidshare.com/files/43922443/Wcw_-_Monday_Nitro_Theme.mp3.html
The Monday Night War Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0JU45WVY Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9CPFUXB0 or Youtube link:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: WCW appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »
i've said it once and i 'll say it again, i'll never give props to wcw

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Paul

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »
do any of yous have wcw ppv you could post up, would be greatly appreciated :)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 05:24:38 PM »
do any of yous have wcw ppv you could post up, would be greatly appreciated :)

Intro
Schiavone hypes this up as the greatest PPV ever.
Curtain jerk match of two cruiserweights, pretty good match though Heenan and Schiavone constantly talk about the NWO
Tag team match
Another cruisermatch
TV Title match
US Title match
Main event with someone against the NWO, the WCW guy wins by DQ thanks to the entire NWO running in, Macho Man gets chokeslammed by the Giant
The End.

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 05:52:46 PM »
I would honestly rather watch old episodes of nitro rather than RAW.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 11:23:48 PM »
WCW was cool man, but i'm off of that...now that i think about it...it was boring....the nwo and goldberg saved that company...u should watch the old ECW! that changed my thoughts on wcw drastically! check out the crowds there! that was a real crowd!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 01:33:36 AM »
i've said it once and i 'll say it again, i'll never give props to wcw
I respect your opinion but why the hell would you post this in a WCW appreciation thread???

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 02:23:28 AM »
nwo

hogan
brett hart
scott steiner
kevin nash
scott hall

and whoever else lol

has der ever been a better stable??????

any1remember thebret hart-sting beef...that was the shit

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
WCW was nice, but it didn't really compare to the WWF...Maybe in its peak, but still, the WWF was handling it, always.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
WCW was nice, but it didn't really compare to the WWF...Maybe in its peak, but still, the WWF was handling it, always.

In those almost 2 years when WCW was on top, it destroyed WWF in every possible way. As time went on, they became more and more unorganized and just crumbled.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:21:02 PM by I Am The Anton »

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 12:47:30 PM »

In those almost 2 years when WCW was on top, it destroyed WWF in every possible way. As time went on, they became more and more disorganized and just crumbled.

I still enjoyed WWF more in every era.

everlast1986

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 02:05:38 PM »
They always had the best cruiserweight division. Thats the only part of WCW i miss. I would've rather watched the Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, and Mankind over NWO any day.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:07:57 PM by Beatz »

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
I always wondered why they did not use the Television Title once the buyout happened. I remember the champion had a match every time Nitro once on and it was for the title if I remember right. I think Disco Inferno had the title the longest. They should have it for ECW or one of the other brands.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 03:14:10 PM »
They always had the best cruiserweight division. Thats the only part of WCW i miss. I would've rather watched the Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, and Mankind over NWO any day.

Exactly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 08:21:39 PM »
Nah I liked the whole WCW roster way more than the WWF one & the guys you mentioned were almost the only superstars that Vince had. What, you can add like Kane & Shawn Michaels & that's about it.