Author Topic: I need new brakes...  (Read 472 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: I need new brakes...
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 10:24:35 PM »
man, i saw this going down hill really quickly.

drugs, sex, and cars always turn into pissing contests when a bunch of dudes are talking.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

swangin and bangin

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 10:27:07 PM »
get it done by a professional

fuck getting dirty and not having that shit done right

it dont matter how u do it, if it aint done by a pro its a risk

you are an idiot
you are one of those dudes that buys a car and ends up having a fucked up unreliable car because u decided to be "the man" and do everything yourself and fuck something up
huh?

You are one of those idiots that assumes things, and never realizes assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
huh?
u mad doggie?
i didnt assume
thats why i asked

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 10:28:07 PM »
250 bucks for brakes?  what kind of car do you got? that's how much MINE cost but that's because i get the high end shit

if you got some little car like a honda or something it should be like 75-100 TOPS

My shit is expensive to fix, though. I got a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE with abs brakes...the parts to my car are way more expensive than "a honda or something".

Decent price for brake replace of that car would be about 100 to 150. 
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

acgrundy

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 10:34:17 PM »

you are an idiot
you are one of those dudes that buys a car and ends up having a fucked up unreliable car because u decided to be "the man" and do everything yourself and fuck something up
huh?

You are one of those idiots that assumes things, and never realizes assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
huh?
u mad doggie?
i didnt assume
thats why i asked

no I'm not mad, thats another one of your dumb ass assumptions...I don't get mad over this forum.  I believe you are an idiot...why in the world would I get mad at your stupidity? 

swangin and bangin

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »

you are an idiot
huh?

huh?
u mad doggie?
i didnt assume
thats why i asked

no I'm not mad, thats another one of your dumb ass assumptions...I don't get mad over this forum.  I believe you are an idiot...why in the world would I get mad at your stupidity? 
tanner. you cockbiting son of a bitch (no homo).
when will you learn.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 02:38:47 PM »
The only time it should cost $250-$300 to change breaks is if you fucked up your rotors.  Then you have to get new pads and rotors and plus labor.  Unless you know how to do it yourself then of course its cheaper.  NIK I have a question.  This bad noise you hear, does it happen when your car finally slows down to about 5-10 mph then you hear the real bad noise like metal on metal.  If thats the case your rotors are shot its happened to me twice on my old car.

Yea...The metal on metal happens when I'm hitting the breaks...But there's actually a heavy, spinning noise going on all throughout the drive, which sounds sorta like somethings dragging on the asphalt. It gets heavier when I'm slowing down...Sounds really bad, but hopefully it's not too damn expensive, like Tanjint's shit was...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 09:32:07 AM »
The only time it should cost $250-$300 to change breaks is if you fucked up your rotors.  Then you have to get new pads and rotors and plus labor.  Unless you know how to do it yourself then of course its cheaper.  NIK I have a question.  This bad noise you hear, does it happen when your car finally slows down to about 5-10 mph then you hear the real bad noise like metal on metal.  If thats the case your rotors are shot its happened to me twice on my old car.

Yea...The metal on metal happens when I'm hitting the breaks...But there's actually a heavy, spinning noise going on all throughout the drive, which sounds sorta like somethings dragging on the asphalt. It gets heavier when I'm slowing down...Sounds really bad, but hopefully it's not too damn expensive, like Tanjint's shit was...PeACe

dude, that shit happened to me too.

it was some o2 sensor muffler related shit and that was a whole separate thing from the rotors brakes

if it's just the rotors brakes prepare to spend 400, if it's the 02 sensor/muffler shit (spinning noise, something dragging sound..) that's another 400

it's probably just one of the two.

but i had to get both fixed recrently

but it sounds hella bad as you slow down and shit? sounds like the rotors. get that shit fixed asap

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 01:06:34 PM »
you should get these.

they're only 3 g's, it's what i want for the stang ...i have a whole other bank account for these lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

swangin and bangin

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 08:41:38 PM »
just use your feet dude
fuck paying for brakes
open your door and put one foot out, the friction will bring the car to a stop
your welcome

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 11:26:40 PM »
yeah i tried that once....good bye to those shoes.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09