Author Topic: TV-Links.co.uk shut down for good  (Read 164 times)

TRG

TV-Links.co.uk shut down for good
« on: October 20, 2007, 07:20:25 PM »
One of the world's most-used pirate film websites has been closed after providing links to illegal versions of major Hollywood hits and TV shows.

The first closure of a major UK-based pirate site was also accompanied by raids and an arrest, the anti-piracy group Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact) said today.

A 26-year-old man from Cheltenham was arrested on Thursday in connection with offences relating to the facilitation of copyright infringement on the internet, Fact said.

6.30pm
Major pirate website shut down

Katie Allen
Friday October 19, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

The site allowed users to illegally download shows like 24

One of the world's most-used pirate film websites has been closed after providing links to illegal versions of major Hollywood hits and TV shows.

The first closure of a major UK-based pirate site was also accompanied by raids and an arrest, the anti-piracy group Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact) said today.

A 26-year-old man from Cheltenham was arrested on Thursday in connection with offences relating to the facilitation of copyright infringement on the internet, Fact said.

Article continues

The arrest and the closure of the site - www.tv-links.co.uk - came during an operation by officers from Gloucestershire County Council trading standards in conjunction with investigators from Fact and Gloucestershire Police.

Fact claims that tv-links.co.uk was providing links to illegal film content that had been camcorder recorded from cinemas and then uploaded to the internet. The site also provided links to TV shows that were being illegally distributed.

Visitors to the site could get access to major feature films, sometimes within days of their initial cinema release. Recent links took users to illegal versions of the Disney/Pixar animation sensation Ratatouille as well as to most of this summer's blockbusters

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2195407,00.html#article_continue

Blu Lacez

Re: TV-Links.co.uk shut down for good
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
^^Whoa!!
Don't know whetehr to say "yay" on behalf of the Big copanies..or "mutted under breadth"
I've actaully been on a few sites adn sieen a few movies, within days of relelase in Cinemas I've alwaYS FELT KINDA BAD ABOUT IT!!
But i'll admit, some movies are just a lot better watching in Cinemas than they do sittin in front of your Pc/Lap top/mac

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 07:32:11 PM »
damn :-\

swangin and bangin

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 11:20:08 PM »
I've actaully been on a few sites adn sieen a few movies, within days of relelase in Cinemas I've alwaYS FELT KINDA BAD ABOUT IT!!
But i'll admit, some movies are just a lot better watching in Cinemas than they do sittin in front of your Pc/Lap top/mac
yup

one word

300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 12:44:26 AM »
damn this sucks.. i never use to watch movies on it, but use to always use it to catch up on shows i have missed  :(

devil_may_care

• 'G'

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
damn, R.I.P
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:30:36 PM »

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.