Author Topic: 50 Cent talks new G-Unit album and Before I Self Destruct  (Read 508 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent talks new G-Unit album and Before I Self Destruct
« on: October 22, 2007, 03:36:40 PM »
BISD is either gonna be amazing or another Curtis episode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
50 Cent Talks Akon, G-Unit, Next LP From Set Of 'I'll Still Kill' Video

* Send to Friend
    * Print

* del.icio.us
    * Newsvine
    * Digg

'This is on some assassination-type [action],' Akon says of forthcoming clip.

By Shaheem Reid, with reporting by Tim Kash

* Del.icio.us
    * Digg
    * Newsvine
    * Send to Friend
    * Print
    * You Tell Us

BAYONNE, New Jersey — When's the last time you heard about 50 Cent resolving a beef amicably — not only reconciling with the person he had problems with, but making a song with them? "Neveruary 32nd," you say? Well, there's a first time for everything.

The Queens hitmaker recently mended fences with Lil' Kim, with whom he's seemingly had a love/hate relationship over the years, and last week leaked their newest collaboration, "Wanna Lick." The song is the first record from the upcoming G-Unit album Shoot to Kill, which drops in mid-December.

"I'm not good at resolving things," 50 said on Sunday afternoon on the set of the video for his collaboration with Akon, "I'll Still Kill." (Note: The title will be changed to "I Still Will" for television purposes.) "Once I get into an altercation with someone or we have a misunderstanding, I'd rather leave them over there rather than have them around when they still have those feelings."

A few years ago, 50 created "Magic Stick" for Kim's La Bella Mafia LP, which was a smash on the street level. But a video for the song was never filmed, harsh feelings ensued and the two slung disses back and forth on various records and interviews.

50 says that's all water under the bridge.

"I reached out to her, called her, to see where her head was at," Fif said. "In Kim's case, it wasn't me and Kim [who had the real beef]. It was Kim and the man she was with at the time. Later, we was able to actually get together and collaborated. We was able to make something special again with 'Wanna Lick.' It's good. From a female perspective, she can provide an aggressive standpoint and be aggressive for the women while I can be myself and be aggressive from a man's perspective."

(However, 50 clearly has not buried the hatchet with Nas, for whom he had some strong words.)

"I'll Still Kill" is one of the most aggressive records from Curtis, and the G-Unit bossman barks at anyone having issues with the content.

"The concept of the song was saying, 'I don't want to [kill], but I will if I have to," he said. "That would be justifiable, wouldn't it?"

"It's pretty hectic, but I have great relationship with both guys," said the clip's director Jesse Terrero, who helmed 50's Reebok ad campaign with Manny Ramirez in addition to many G-Unit videos, including "Wanksta" and "Candy Shop." "This is big — it's like 'Bourne Supremacy meets 'Unleashed.' I threw out an idea and [50] enjoyed it."

In the video, 50 has to handle himself in a world of trained killers.

"It's not an environment for pretty women," Akon said while kicking around a soccer ball. "This is on some assassination-type [action]."

Akon also explained that he was just there to perform; the plot is all 50 Cent. 50 had high praise for his collaborator's contributions to the song.

"This collaboration, it's perfect," he said. "[Akon's] tones, vocally what he did on the chorus and the last portion of the record, it's great."

As for the G-Unit album, 50 divulged that it is almost done and that Swizz Beatz and Timbaland have already contributed. The last song they are waiting on is a track with Eminem.

"We gotta work with Em, that's it," he said. "Then we can be done with it. Production-wise, I captured what I needed. But I didn't want to not have Em's stamp on it. We probably won't get his vocals until he's heard the full body of work and he's excited about it. Before my work [goes to the public], it has to pass the Eminem test, the Dr. Dre test — it's a few tests before we push them to the street. That's why they can expect a higher quality of 50 Cent music than the usual artist."

50 said his next solo LP, Before I Self Destruct, will more than likely be ready for the spring.

"On my next album, you should expect to not see features [guest appearances] like you saw on Curtis," he smiled. "Before I Self Destruct, it's totally different. That record has a whole 'nother concept. I feel like this sets up the next batch of records. [LINK 1561656] It's got what I really wanna do on it. Plus, it's my fourth album — it fulfills my record obligation to Interscope Records. I'll be a free agent."

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: 50 Cent talks new G-Unit album and Before I Self Destruct
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:48:17 PM »
i've had enough 50 cent for one year, plus i gotta put up wit the unit album. so i'll check this out in 2008  8)

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:47:09 PM »
i still kill to i still will ...lmao @ censorship

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:12:12 AM »
ok 50 is crazy

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 01:22:46 AM »
"We gotta work with Em, that's it," he said. "Then we can be done with it. Production-wise, I captured what I needed. But I didn't want to not have Em's stamp on it. We probably won't get his vocals until he's heard the full body of work and he's excited about it. Before my work [goes to the public], it has to pass the Eminem test, the Dr. Dre test — it's a few tests before we push them to the street. That's why they can expect a higher quality of 50 Cent music than the usual artist."
he'd better have that J.R. beat(or beats, if he did more than one offcourse) on there. i can't imagine that this album is going to be as bad as curtis( for me curtis, was the first 50 cent album from which i didn't really like any song. get rich or die trying is still 50 cent's best album imo, but like the massacre it's not a good overall album, because 50 cent always aims at multiple audiences for the album, that's why there isn't a consistent 50 cent album yet imo).
50 cent does have a bit more time for this album than he had with curtis, and he is already close to completion. so whether the album is going to be a big disappiontment or not,   depends on who he has worked with offcourse. i do hope that at least a part of the album is going to be good, as with the massacre and get rich or die tryin.
50 cent doesn't have to have a dre beat( well i wouldn't mind, but 50 probably picks a wrong one anyway; come & go was definately not the level of in da club part II, as he promised), as long as dre mixes the majority of the album.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 06:22:18 AM »
He's been working on BISD since 06, so it better be great. He only had 3 months for Curtis, so it's no wonder it sounded rushed.

So far the confirmed producers are: J.R., Timbaland, Richard Harrison and Kanye West.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »

Before my work [goes to the public], it has to pass the Eminem test, the Dr. Dre test — it's a few tests before we push them to the street.

what a load of shit, there is no way curtis would of passed the "dre test".

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 03:10:05 PM »
This should be dope. He's been holding back the best tracks for this album. "Curtis" sounds like the songs that were too wack to make it on BISD
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 01:57:26 AM »

Before my work [goes to the public], it has to pass the Eminem test, the Dr. Dre test — it's a few tests before we push them to the street.

what a load of shit, there is no way curtis would of passed the "dre test".

yeah i doubt it would pass the test ( but i'm not sure if there was such a test for curtis, after all neither eminem nor dre was listed as an executive producer).
edit: my bad, when 50 was talking about the tests, he was still talking about the G-unit album, not his final soloalbum. if the first G-Unit album passed the same test(s) that still need to be done for the 2nd album,  then i don't think the tests are good :laugh:
besides, interscope has more influence on the project than both eminem and dre together(it's sad, but true)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 01:39:53 PM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »