Author Topic: American Gangster  (Read 2768 times)

Lunatic

Re: American Gangster
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
Just finished watching it. I thought it was a good movie. If you like gangster films then you will for sure like this one. It gets a little slow towards the end, but I don't think it fucks the movie up.

Of course if you're expecting to see mufuckas jumpin out of planes, shooting each other, then you won't like this movie.
really? i was loving the end
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 12:19:20 AM »
You guys are nuts not waiting to go see this in theaters

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 02:31:06 AM »
Movies with lots of actions are way played out, very few innovations   ... there are lots of great movies with little action in it ... I will wait Nov 14th (release date in France) to go to see this in theaters as Denzel is my  favorite actor of all time (with DeNiro )

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 05:16:40 AM »
Just watched it. The beginning was quite numb, but overall it was a good movie. The crack house shootout was great.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

The Watcher

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 05:21:31 AM »
wouldve been nice to see more about after he got arrested, people he was snitching on etc, and maybe a bit about what he did after he got out, seems like they just fast forwarded through that bit
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Lazar

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 09:09:46 AM »
I´ m really looking forward to this one so imma wait until it hits the theaters. I think this is one of those movies you MUST see in a cinema

everlast1986

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 03:11:55 PM »
a dvd screener of this leaked?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 03:13:58 PM »
i wasnt expecting much action, because i thought it would of been some what like a godfather type of movie bcuz of the previews but it wasnt, it doesnt even step to it. it was just a story of a dope dealer that was taught by an old mobster. compared to the hype this movie had it was shit. lol at the preview sayin they were higher in the mafia, in the movie they were only higher than the mafia in dope sales. hoodlum was a movie i like much better imo.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 03:20:17 PM »
But Godfather didn't have much action either. All 3 parts lasted about 2 hours and in each there was 30 mins of action max.

I think some people expected an old school version of Training Day. Now there, action was throughout the whole movie.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 03:37:53 PM »
i've watched it 3 times now, and i've liked it more & more each time
i think im going 2 see it in the theaters anyway

everlast1986

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 04:06:35 PM »
wouldve been nice to see more about after he got arrested, people he was snitching on etc, and maybe a bit about what he did after he got out, seems like they just fast forwarded through that bit

Thats what i thought too. Other than that its a good movie.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
Dope movie, loved it 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 08:19:04 PM »
i really think this has a good chance at being 1 of those gangster movies that will be remembered 10-15 years from now like scarface or the godfather(s).

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 02:17:24 PM »
i've watched it 3 times now, and i've liked it more & more each time
i think im going 2 see it in the theaters anyway

thats what i thought bout godfather but i dont know about this movie.

its not juz the acting or the action, its juz that i like the concept better, like the italian mafia had a strict g code n all that, there was loyalty and every 1 was on their toes, so they dont slack off and fuck up.

american gangster was none of that, but the previews gave out a preview like that you know? it was pretty much was 1 smart gangster and every1 else was juz dumbfuck dope dealers.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 02:22:17 PM »
thats what i thought bout godfather but i dont know about this movie.

its not juz the acting or the action, its juz that i like the concept better, like the italian mafia had a strict g code n all that, there was loyalty and every 1 was on their toes, so they dont slack off and fuck up.

american gangster was none of that, but the previews gave out a preview like that you know? it was pretty much was 1 smart gangster and every1 else was juz dumbfuck dope dealers.
i don't know, i love everything about this film
denzel & russell did there thing
well that's kind of the point i think..denzel was smarter than all his bros because he was living in N.y for a while living the mobster lifestyle, i'm sure he smartened up as time went on..his bros were stuck in N.C living poor (so it seems)..they were then thrown into this lifestyle, and it didn't exactly click for them 2 well...they weren't nearly as smart as Lucas

i think the little things in this movie all build up to make it what it is..the little thing about T.i turning down a legit life as a ball player (which still would of made him rich) to enter the fam business, results in him dying young..i also liked how the during the crack house shootout scene, u see the fear in his eyes proving he was never cut out for that life

at thanksgiving as denzel is praying & giving thanks, you see the affects blue magic is having on the crack heads and so on...classic