Author Topic: American Gangster  (Read 2766 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Re: American Gangster
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2007, 01:53:38 AM »
"American Gangster" Makes $46 Mil Debut, Real Life Characters Say Movie Based On Lies

It's billed as being based on a true story, but real life cops close to American Gangster drug lord Frank Lucas say the movie is more of a fairy tale than true life.

"They claim it's based on a true story," New York-based Drug Enforcement Administration agent Joseph Sullivan told the New York Post. The officer was at a raid on Lucas' Teaneck, N.J., home after two members of the Mafia ratted the drug lord out. "His name is Frank Lucas and he was a drug dealer - that's where the truth in this movie ends."

Lucas, whose character is played by Denzel Washington, admitted to sources that "only 20 percent of the film is true."

Hollywood's version of true stories are expected to have some elements of creative license, but one cop close to the action said it's the studio's depiction of Lucas as being a family man of moral character, that he takes the biggest issue with.

"The parts in the movie that depict Frank as a family man are ludicrous," the real-life Richie Roberts told The Post. Roberts' character is played by Russel Crowe in the film. "They did it for dramatic purposes, you know, to make him look good and me look bad."

According to Roberts, who prosecuted a New Jersey case against Lucas, the dealer wasn't the modest dresser and straight-dealing business man that the movie shows viewers. Roberts called the scene showing Lucas holding hands with his family in a Thanksgiving prayer "sickening."

Sources said Lucas manipulated his family members, moving them from North Carolina to work for him and even putting a hit out on his own brother.

Cops and prosecutors who worked the case said the flick distorts Lucas' role in Harlem's drug scene, and is riddled with untruths, like the involvement of rogue cops and the shipping of heroin in Vietnam caskets.

Lucas was sentenced to 40 years in a 1975 federal case, but only served seven. He claims to have made hundreds of millions of dollars off the drug game and stands to make more money off his story.

American Gangster, crushed the competition at the box office this weekend, bringing in $46.3 million - the highest ever for a modern crime movie. - and further lining Lucas' pockets.

Because he was convicted before the "Son of Sam Law" was enacted, Lucas can make money from his stories of drug exploits.

With a feature film under his belt, the former drug lord plans to merchandise his story with a video game a clothing line and he's in talks for a sequel to the film.

80% fake and they couldnt make the ending better?
how would u end it :)

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2007, 05:43:59 AM »
"American Gangster" Makes $46 Mil Debut, Real Life Characters Say Movie Based On Lies

It's billed as being based on a true story, but real life cops close to American Gangster drug lord Frank Lucas say the movie is more of a fairy tale than true life.

"They claim it's based on a true story," New York-based Drug Enforcement Administration agent Joseph Sullivan told the New York Post. The officer was at a raid on Lucas' Teaneck, N.J., home after two members of the Mafia ratted the drug lord out. "His name is Frank Lucas and he was a drug dealer - that's where the truth in this movie ends."

Lucas, whose character is played by Denzel Washington, admitted to sources that "only 20 percent of the film is true."

Hollywood's version of true stories are expected to have some elements of creative license, but one cop close to the action said it's the studio's depiction of Lucas as being a family man of moral character, that he takes the biggest issue with.

"The parts in the movie that depict Frank as a family man are ludicrous," the real-life Richie Roberts told The Post. Roberts' character is played by Russel Crowe in the film. "They did it for dramatic purposes, you know, to make him look good and me look bad."

According to Roberts, who prosecuted a New Jersey case against Lucas, the dealer wasn't the modest dresser and straight-dealing business man that the movie shows viewers. Roberts called the scene showing Lucas holding hands with his family in a Thanksgiving prayer "sickening."

Sources said Lucas manipulated his family members, moving them from North Carolina to work for him and even putting a hit out on his own brother.

Cops and prosecutors who worked the case said the flick distorts Lucas' role in Harlem's drug scene, and is riddled with untruths, like the involvement of rogue cops and the shipping of heroin in Vietnam caskets.

Lucas was sentenced to 40 years in a 1975 federal case, but only served seven. He claims to have made hundreds of millions of dollars off the drug game and stands to make more money off his story.

American Gangster, crushed the competition at the box office this weekend, bringing in $46.3 million - the highest ever for a modern crime movie. - and further lining Lucas' pockets.

Because he was convicted before the "Son of Sam Law" was enacted, Lucas can make money from his stories of drug exploits.

With a feature film under his belt, the former drug lord plans to merchandise his story with a video game a clothing line and he's in talks for a sequel to the film.

it could have gone into more of a street gang wars with the competition. his cousins getting knocked off one at a time. and finally after a scarface type ending he gets arrested after killing soo many people.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2007, 10:27:14 AM »
overrated.

65/100.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

West-West Y'All

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2007, 01:59:49 PM »
i need to watch this movie, Denzel Washington in the black mafia mogul role very sounds entertaining.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2007, 03:56:26 PM »
i need to watch this movie, Denzel Washington in the black mafia mogul role very sounds entertaining.

nothing like a mafia, their juz like a crew like the foos from state property. not a real mafia movie, wasnt like hoodlum type of gang, denzels guys were messy, or so it seemd like it the movie.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2007, 05:58:29 PM »
i thought the movie was dope as fuck, but the only way it can be compared to scarface is if its still relevant in 20 years.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »

nothing like a mafia, their juz like a crew like the foos from state property. not a real mafia movie, wasnt like hoodlum type of gang, denzels guys were messy, or so it seemd like it the movie.

Is the film not called American Gangster?  Notice how it's singular.  Did Frank Lucas not act like a typical mafia man?  He tried so hard to teach that to his brothers but they weren't accepting it and that's why the movie is called American Gangster not American Gangsters. 

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2007, 07:23:23 PM »
i thought the movie was dope as fuck, but the only way it can be compared to scarface is if its still relevant in 20 years.
i feel that
i got a feelin it will, i think it should
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2007, 09:27:56 PM »
i feel that

Tony Montana was a dumb ass, Frank Lucas seemed a lot smarter

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2007, 01:41:17 PM »

it could have gone into more of a street gang wars with the competition. his cousins getting knocked off one at a time. and finally after a scarface type ending he gets arrested after killing soo many people.
That's going too far from reality. And I doubt the movie is only 20% real. If a movie is only 20% real they'd say it's inspired by a true story instead of based on a true story.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »
Denzel is the truth

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2007, 01:36:01 PM »
i feel that

atleast tony montana hires real gangsters nstead of his sqaure brothers .   :-\

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2007, 03:18:29 PM »
i feel that

You gotta look after the family.

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2007, 04:12:28 PM »
This was a awsome movie, i didnt think that it would be that good.  Denzel did a good job
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2007, 09:54:19 AM »
i feel that

dont know about that man.... in the end of scarface tony goes to assasinate some dude who is going to give a speach... wtf.... if he was such a big drug lord he would have sent somsone for that job. he would have not gone with that columbian guy. it made no senese to me why he went with the columbian guy. the columbian guy could not speak english but he could have just sent a soldier who can speak and can drive a car. very pointless and non-real scene. a drug lord making that much money doesnt go and drive a hit man?