Author Topic: Scarface-MADE  (Read 800 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Scarface-MADE
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:44:35 PM »
Just some more info for whoever gives a shit.  Peace  8)

Within the realm of the underworld to be made means to be accepted as a man among men, someone with respect, honor and above all clout. A made man is someone whose street credibility cannot be questioned nor his authority challenged. He is untouchable. Within the realm of hip hop only a select few can boast of having an impeccable rep as both a great lyricist and a real live stand up guy. Such a man is Rap-A-Lot Mafia reputed under boss and the undisputed lyrical Don of the South Scarface whose latest album aptly entitled Made promises to be his best album to date.

“When it comes to this rap game I’m untouchable,” says a confident Scarface when asked about his new album. “I’m a made man in this shit. That’s why I called it Made.”

What makes Scarface a made man in the rap game is his aggressive flow, poetic lyrics combined with his ability to weave compelling stories that literally paint a picture right before your eyes. He is a seasoned veteran with over ten years of dropping classic records like Mr. Scarface Is Back, The World Is Mine, The Diary, Untouchable and the Fix under his belt. His albums are considered classics by rap aficionados and influenced many of today’s hip hop stars.

Born Brad Jordan and raised in Houston’s infamous South Park neighborhood, Scarface began his illustrious career under the moniker DJ Akshen in 1988 as a member of the legendary Geto Boys, debuting on the GB’s classic Grip It On that Other Level. As DJ Akshen, Face dropped an underground single called “Scarface” which helped usher in a new era in hip hop. But it was his work as a solo artist that really made people recognize that Face was a force to be reckoned with. Two years later he solidified his reputation for churning out deep thought-provoking lyrics with the classic Geto Boys’ tune that illustrating the pitfalls of street life “Mind Playing Tricks on Me.” Described by the Source as “five of the most chilling moments in hip hop,” the tune became an instant classic, placing Scarface, the Geto Boys and Rap-a-Lot Records on the world stage.

While Face’s work with the Geto Boys was the catalyst of his luminous career, it is his work as a solo artist that has given him the most accolades as a rapper. In fact, his solo discography reads like a litany of classic hip hop albums with each one going no less than gold and two of them (The Diary and The Fix) winning the Source Magazine’s coveted five mic status. According to Face, Made is his best effort to date.”

“I grew up in a time when artists were making complete albums. Public Enemy put out complete albums, Boogie Down Productions put out complete albums, Eric B. & Rakim put out whole albums. Back then you could buy a rap record and just let it play. You didn’t have to worry about skipping a record or two or three because they were whack. The whole album was jamming. Nowadays a rapper gets one or two radio hits and throws an album together. What I try to do when I go into the studio is make complete albums.”

And Made, Face’s eleventh album, is indeed the most complete album of his career. Produced by Mike Dean, NO Joe, John Bido, Tone Capone, Knottz, Mr. Lee, Enigma and Face himself there’s literally not a bad song on Made.

Lyrically Scarface is still as strong as ever dropping potent lyrics such as the ones found on “Neva,” “On My Shit,” the blazing lead single “Love You” and the explosive title tune. With songs like these plus a slew of others, Made gives Scarface fans what they have come to expect from the Don of the South, straight up hardcore reality rap, rooted in the experiences of a seasoned vet who has been there, done that and still can’t be touched!

Lunatic

Re: Scarface-MADE
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
dope shit 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:35:48 PM »
If all the songs are on the same caliber as "Never" or "Girl U Know" then it will be another classic for Facemob.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 10:57:50 PM »
Production by Tone Capone :o :o  !!  I hope it's the dope ass '95-'97 Capone with assistance from Mike Dean.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 11:24:24 PM »
If all the songs are on the same caliber as "Never" or "Girl U Know" then it will be another classic for Facemob.

yukmouth23

• 'G'
  • Hip Hop will never die
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 01:54:04 AM »
Can't wait for it judging by that track that leaked "never" it's going to be a good album

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 01:59:05 AM »
great, so..the single is a track called "love you" and not that boss track?!

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 06:39:27 AM »
tyyte imma checck itt outt

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 07:28:26 AM »
Production by Tone Capone :o :o  !!  I hope it's the dope ass '95-'97 Capone with assistance from Mike Dean.

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 09:36:14 AM »
yea a little confusion over the single, i thought it was big dogg status..in terms of moving records, i think that would be the smart choice since Tip & Wayne are on it

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 11:31:44 AM »
^that's a dope cover

Matty

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 11:32:45 AM »
originally it was reported dr dre would be producing on the album. surprisingly doesn't seem that'll be happening ;0

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »
I have already put my order in at CD universe,this should be dope you all know where to find the 3 tracks that has already leaked from;
Scarface; Made

God damn that is a sick cover. Godfather of the South is back yall.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »
face is the greatest in the south of all time easily

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 11:50:30 AM »
originally it was reported dr dre would be producing on the album. surprisingly doesn't seem that'll be happening ;0

Thank god that info was "fake",I hate those all the "hot" producer and features albums.
I´m more than happy that he kept it in house with Rap-A-Lot.
....and yeah the cover is mad dope.

Rap-A-Lot has to have one of the most underrated production crews in hip hop. IMO the best in the South. If not then I would say Organized Noize but those 2 are head and shoulders above other producers in the South.