Author Topic: Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo in JPN PSN Store  (Read 113 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo in JPN PSN Store
« on: October 20, 2007, 05:00:05 AM »
Went up last night.

Just played this for two and a half hours straight and liking it. There are distinct differences between the handling of the cars, which actually makes it interesting to try out each.

Bit annoying to see the NSX, a Ferrari F430 and other cars racing against you without being able to pick them, but that'll come in the final game.

This just feels so smooth and responsive compared to Sega Rally Revo, the 60fps really does make such a difference.

If they sort out a few of the graphical issues, which they do still have a month or so to do, then GT5P is looking very promising indeed.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo in JPN PSN Store
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »
i can't wait to play this game.  hopefully the new driving software is more accurate, but from all the pictures i've seen, it looks like its gonna be a damn good game.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
is it still more focused on arcade type a playability or it's like fm2 which is more like a simulation? I hope that they will realise that it's in their interest to convert the game for the xbox 360

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 04:19:28 AM »
is it still more focused on arcade type a playability or it's like fm2 which is more like a simulation? I hope that they will realise that it's in their interest to convert the game for the xbox 360

There are two handling models in the demo, normal and pro. Normal is more arcadey, but still rooted in simulation, whereas Pro is much more simulation orientated.

I don't even know how to respond to your second point, you do realise Gran Turismo is developed by Polyphony Digital, an internal Sony team right?