Author Topic: Any Public Enemy Followers up in here?  (Read 63 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Any Public Enemy Followers up in here?
« on: July 14, 2001, 02:56:18 AM »
I've like some o' they shit but I'm no dedicated fan....but apparently they're back! Check it:

Talk about groundbreaking.. One of Hip Hop's seminal groups Public Enemy is continuing on the path of englightment, entertainment and empowerment. Yesterday they have announced the release of a new album, due out this fall on Chuck D's own SlamJamz.com record label. Longtime proponents of artists rights and of working outside the conventional record company system, Chuck D and the legendary rap group will self-release the as-yet-untitled album in order to retain creative and marketing control, and ownership of their master tapes. Public Enemy will coordinate all marketing, publicity and radio promotion of the new album, and are currently evaluating offers from a number of distribution companies to handle the retailing.

According to Chuck's press release... This marks the first time the public is able to participate in the making of an album with a major artist . On July 11, Public Enemy will begin posting the vocals to several of their most popular tracks on the new website, www.slamjamz.com, allowing literally any user to download it for use. Each week for a month, a different track will be posted, including 'Public Enemy #1,' 'By The Time I Get To Arizona,' and 'Shut ëEm Down,' all recently re-recorded exclusively for website. This will be a great opportunity. I know for myself, I have long bothered Chuck and asked him to release an album containing the group's acapellas. Looks like they have taken this a full step further..The group asks that any and all aspiring and professional musicians, remixers and producers record their own music for the tracks, download the vocals onto the new music, and upload it back onto the site. Chuck D will then cull through the entries, and select several to include on the new album. 'We want to hear everything from electronica to metal, slack-key to Brazilian jazz, even bluegrass and country,' he said. The winning tracks will be featured on the new album, with winners retaining co-ownership rights and earning royalties from the sale of each copy.

In addition, Public Enemy will enter the studio for the first time since the 1999 release of There's A Poison Goin' On', to record new tracks for the album. There's A Poison Goin' On was met with controversy and acclaim, as Public Enemy became the first major group to release an MP3 downloadable album on the Internet first, before it was available in conventional record stores. In protest, traditional retail outlets refused to stock the record, but eventually changed their policies to conform to the growing presence of music on the Internet.

Prior to the album's release, the band will issue (in partnership with Creamwerks Multimedia and HOB Digital) a live concert DVD, shot at the House of Blues in Los Angeles, CA. The band are also planning an international tour later in the year.

Davey D's Hip-Hop Corner.

Hmmm  ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Scribe

Re: Any Public Enemy Followers up in here?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2001, 03:23:57 AM »
They was on the radio in the UK last night, good to see them back.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"Without The Elements It's All Irrelevent" Jurassic 5

"This world better acknowledge me I'm over ambitious
Do almost anything to rob a genie for his wishes." 57th Dynasty

"We didn't give a toss about money, fame or stardom
Just about the culture, the music, slang and jargon." Blak Twang

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude" Public Enemy

"If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Of My Face" Zach De La Rocha