Author Topic: Army testing out tank that is 'invisible' (No Joke On Some James Bond Shit)  (Read 229 times)

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!

New technology that can make tanks invisible has been unveiled by the Ministry of Defence.

In secret trials last week, the Army said it had made a vehicle completely disappear and predicted that an invisible tank would be ready for service by 2012.

The new technology uses cameras and projectors to beam images of the surrounding landscape onto a tank.
The result is that anyone looking in the direction of the vehicle only sees what is beyond it and not the tank itself.

A soldier, who was at the trials, said: "This technology is incredible. If I hadn't been present I wouldn't have believed it. I looked across the fields and just saw grass and trees - but in reality I was staring down the barrel of a tank gun."

How the technology works in a combat situation is very sensitive, but the MoD is believed to be testing a military jacket that works on the same principles.

It is the type of innovation normally associated with James Bond, and the brains behind the latest technology is the MoD's very own "Q" - Professor Sir John Pendry, of Imperial College London.

He said the only drawback was the reliability of the cameras and projectors.

But he added: "The next stage is to make the tank invisible without them - which is intricate and complicated, but possible."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=490669&in_page_id=1811

some craxy technology :o

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He said the only drawback was the reliability of the cameras and projectors.

But he added: "The next stage is to make the tank invisible without them - which is intricate and complicated, but possible."

oh SHIT!! now that'll be dope.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
yeah saw this in the paper the other day.. if this can honestly be pulled off in real combat then that is incredible

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
sexy. i would love to have one of those  8)

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
TI might invest in one of these.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
only thing is that modern warfare is terror and you can't beat those mothafuckaz with technology

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
 :o

Rambo 5.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
only thing is that modern warfare is terror and you can't beat those mothafuckaz with technology

? thats not modern warfare, the war on terrorism is unconventional warfare and when WW3 comes trust me we'll need the technology and numbers bcuz fordamn sure theres gonna be years of conventional warfare before they bring out the nukes.   conventional or unconventional its both modern warfare.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!

? thats not modern warfare, the war on terrorism is unconventional warfare and when WW3 comes trust me we'll need the technology and numbers bcuz fordamn sure theres gonna be years of conventional warfare before they bring out the nukes.   conventional or unconventional its both modern warfare.

world war 3? lmfao

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss

world war 3? lmfao

itll come and both sides r probably funded by the same people that funded both sides of ww2

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

AndrE16686

Re: Army testing out tank that is 'invisible' (No Joke On Some James Bond Shit)
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 01:18:32 AM »

September 11, 1991. George Bush Snr. said it clear.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 01:21:14 AM by The Overfiend »

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: Army testing out tank that is 'invisible' (No Joke On Some James Bond Shit)
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 02:38:23 AM »
thats fuckin crazy right there