Author Topic: What's up with Hi-C?  (Read 576 times)

~Lucien~

What's up with Hi-C?
« on: November 07, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
any news on dude? the hi-life hustle was a classic to me...

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: What's up with Hi-C?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
Wuddup, Since my dude does not like the internet at all, Im the homies spokes person lol. He's about to drop the album he did when he was signed to Atlantic, plus a gang of uneard shit with Mausberg (RIP) Suga free & others. Im trying to get my nigga to get a myspace page or somn. he also got crazy ass production, he did a gang of shit he didnt get credit for.

~Lucien~

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:35:13 PM »
Wuddup, Since my dude does not like the internet at all, Im the homies spokes person lol. He's about to drop the album he did when he was signed to Atlantic, plus a gang of uneard shit with Mausberg (RIP) Suga free & others. Im trying to get my nigga to get a myspace page or somn. he also got crazy ass production, he did a gang of shit he didnt get credit for.

whatup. yeah dude got some crazy production. he's the only one from quik's old camp that doesn't need quik to make a good record. the last thing I heard about him was that he did a show in europe or japan with you and dj coke if I'm correct. when was he signed to atlantic? never knew that. and when is your new album dropping? thanks for the info
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 07:59:07 PM by Lu »

Dopeisjay

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:46:02 PM »
Yeah I never knew he was signed to atlantic?.. But yeah.. I heard he was gonna drop some unreleased tracks.. That he did with the camp.. And some shit with Quik aswell..

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 08:13:15 PM »
any news on dude? the hi-life hustle was a classic to me...

Straight up! I just threw that ablum on the other day that album bangs and that song with suga free is the jam 8)

DJSpin

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 06:23:33 AM »
i love all of hi-c's music ...   any one have an idea when some of these tracks/albums might see the light of day????

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 09:22:03 AM »
hi-c allday man.
dat nicca needz 2 drop an album soon.
"compton hoochies" my shit:D

tell him whussup when yall see him

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:24:12 AM »
can someone please upload that joint he had with Nate Dogg, "I Dont Wanna Know", loved that jam when it came out.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:31:51 AM »
He needs to realese an album, he's talented, also as a producer.

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »

whatup. yeah dude got some crazy production. he's the only one from quik's old camp that doesn't need quik to make a good record. the last thing I heard about him was that he did a show in europe or japan with you and dj coke if I'm correct. when was he signed to atlantic? never knew that. and when is your new album dropping? thanks for the info

He was signed to Big Beat/Atlantic the same time lil kim & junior mafia were there. He finished a bangin ass album and his A&R got fired. Things got kinda shady then and they seemed like they didnt want to support the joint, so he got the master and bounced and they had to pay like they weighed for fuckin around lol.
My new album "Cereal & Water" is March 2008 got some cool features. I just dropped Kunta Kinte in Europe and did a joint venture with Rass Kass and released his Chinese graffiti mixtape in Europe.

DJSpin

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 01:51:05 PM »

He was signed to Big Beat/Atlantic the same time lil kim & junior mafia were there. He finished a bangin ass album and his A&R got fired. Things got kinda shady then and they seemed like they didnt want to support the joint, so he got the master and bounced and they had to pay like they weighed for fuckin around lol.
My new album "Cereal & Water" is March 2008 got some cool features. I just dropped Kunta Kinte in Europe and did a joint venture with Rass Kass and released his Chinese graffiti mixtape in Europe.
[/quote]

word big steele, can us fans pick up those albums anywhere particular, or just check amazon and stuff liek that?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 01:54:55 PM »

Damn, that must be a ridiculous hot album!  So it was made around 96 and 97?  Does he have a bunch of stuff with Quik on there?  I rerally hope he drops that.  I love Hi-C's productions too.

Yeah, can we pick up "Kunta Kinte" anywhere online?

DJSpin

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 02:31:05 PM »
while we are on the subject of Hi-C ... anyone know any unreleased or hard to find tracks from him???  Some that come to mind are

Broke Off - South Central Soundtrack
Take A Ride -  B-side to a Skanless single  (i think?) or unrelased

THen what about on all his singles he ever put out, like Im not Your puppt, Leave my curl alone, Got it Like that...  any remixes or non album cuts on those??

Dopeisjay

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »
yeah i hope he drop's that album aswell.. 96-97 and 98 were my favorite DJ Quik production years/era
i mean suga free's - street gospel
toni tony tone - lets get down..
DJ Quik - Rhythm-Al-Ism.. and the list goes on.. i hope he drop's this..
still gotta bump that "DJ Quik feat HI-C "I wanna see" AMazing track!!!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 03:45:45 PM »
another rare one, "get tha money" off the deep blue sea soundtrack, i just got an explicit version of that off itunes!