Author Topic: DJ Drama Advises Mixtape DJ's, "Stop F**kin' Makin' Lil' Wayne Tapes  (Read 124 times)

Elano

DJ Drama Advises Mixtape DJ's, "Stop F**kin' Makin' Lil' Wayne Tapes Every Other Day"

DJ Drama is back and preparing for the release of his first official major label effort entitled, what else, Gangsta Grillz: The Album. SOHH caught up with the self-proclaimed "iPod King" as he discussed T.I.'s plans to keep his throne and his distaste for the current mixtape market.

Drama, who is not only Grand Hustle's official DJ but a close, personal friend to T.I., says that he has been in contact with the label's franchise player and CEO during his recent battle with the law. Drama says that the Atlanta rapper has been taking his current situation in stride and putting his time to good use.

"Yeah I talked to Tip the other day right before he put a video out. He was good and he was cooking dinner and everything. He got a lot of time on his hands so you know he's in good spirits and everything," Drama told SOHH.

"He was doing a lot of research," Drama elaborated. "He was reading me something about TMZ, he saw even about his own case. So I think under the circumstances he's definitely staying active and you know his spirits is up. And Tip is an old soul so he handles things very well. The judicial system has to do what they do. You know, we'll see what's gon' happen."

He also said that the self-proclaimed "King Of The South" has been busy recording new material while on house arrest at his Atlanta-area home and that he feels that fans are going to appreciate the new songs that are slated to be a part of T.I.'s forthcoming album.

"Yeah he had just started working," Drama said. "I had asked him if he had started recording. He was just writing right then [and] I'm sure you know that it's definitely going to be something that people will be interested in. It's going to come out crazy. 'Cause you know right now it's his main focus so I'm excited."

The spin doctor, who's made a name for himself throughout the South with the success of his "Gangsta Grillz" mixtape series also expressed his dislike with what he feels is a lack of originality currently in the mixtape game.

"For the younger DJ's or the ones that may not have the attention that DJ Drama has I would just say keep doing your thing and stop f**kin makin' Lil Wayne tapes every other day," Drama explained. "I mean, it's not a comment on Wayne. You know Wayne is feeding the people so of course people are definitely interested in him, but from a DJ's perspective it's like by you putting Lil' Wayne on your cover every week and putting out the last songs that he's had out for the last three months, it's not doing anything for you. "

DJ Drama's Gangsta Grillz: The Album, featuring guest spots from T.I., Young Jeezy, Young Buck, Jim Jones, Rick Ross, Nelly, OutKast, Lil' Wayne, Beanie Sigel and Clipse, among others, hits stores on December 4 via Grand Hustle/Atlantic.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: DJ Drama Advises Mixtape DJ's, "Stop F**kin' Makin' Lil' Wayne Tapes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 06:49:04 PM »
T.I has the throne?
since when?

Got U Shook

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
I agree. I see a different mixtape with him on the cover like every day.

TRG

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 06:52:45 PM »
thank god i never hear his songs played down here in australia

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 07:07:10 PM »
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 08:32:16 PM »
Translation... "Stop making Lil Wayne mixtapes........... so I can!"  8)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »
Translation... "Stop making Lil Wayne mixtapes........... so I can!"  8)

haha pretty much. He comments on wayne then has him on his upcoming mixtape.