Author Topic: Jay-Z's American Gangster more enjoyable listen after watching the flick?????  (Read 392 times)

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
Hey I'm in australia & the flick ain't droppin here till january, so I been kinda puttin off gettin the album since he apparently mentions hell characters from the film etc. For people who have heard the album or seen the film would you say its worth waiting to see the movie before listening to the album???

Like is the album difficult to get wit out seein the film or is it heaps more enjoyable to listen to once u seen the flick. Jus cos I was hell anticipating this album I wanna have the maximum enjoyment listening to it hahah

holla

Boba Fettucini

not at all. talkin bout putting out product and calling it the same shit that was nicky barnes style

WC Iz Active

Im still in shock about how bad Jay's album was.  I mean I knew he fell off but even this was surprising.

Snoopafly-1986

dope album 8)

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
^^^^

word u seen the flick? what ur opinion on what i ask in the thread homie?

topshotta

Yeah I saw the flick and I can tell ya, Jiggas new definitely ain't more enjoyable after seeing the movie, sorry! Same weak effort..

I enjoyed watching this movie more than listening to the cd and I used to be a Jigga fan!

KURUPTION-81

Only saw the movie last night but had already heard the album, i wouldnt worry about waiting to see the movie before hearing the album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

this album is a disgrace to once great jay z. roc boys is only song thats worth being released. but dude will make millions releasin this album, gotta say thats sth to admire. fuck the industry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dunno about the movie, haven't seen it yet, but I think the album was good.

Lunatic

movie is a future classic i think
the album ain't bad at all
SMH at all the jay-z haters
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Snoopafly-1986

havent seen the movie yet but can't believe the hate this album is getting im straight westcoast but this album is dope to me I dunno :-\

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
I actually did like it a tiny bit more after seeing the movie, but it was still a letdown.

Lunatic

havent seen the movie yet but can't believe the hate this album is getting im straight westcoast but this album is dope to me I dunno :-\
exactly
i'm more west coast as well, but this album is far from wack
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

exactly
i'm more west coast as well, but this album is far from wack

good jay-z album! great movie too!

WC Iz Active

The album is a disgrace.  end of discussion.   Jay used to be a god on the mic and now he cant even release a average album.  There were 2 good tracks on American Gangster the rest was puke.  The song with Wayne was one of the worst songs I have ever heard.  It felt like I was being tortured during some of the songs,  it was so sloppy.  pathetic album.