Author Topic: 50 cent talks about his last album; no tracks with Kanye West  (Read 619 times)

Lazar

50 cent talks about his last album; no tracks with Kanye West
« on: November 19, 2007, 08:53:26 AM »
After losing the highly publicized first week sales competition with Kanye, 50 cent is back in the news, In an interview with Mtv, he talks about his new album, as well as Eminem and Halie.

When discussing his current tour in the UK 50 stated..

“The tour is great I’m really enjoying myself I’ve had to make some minor changes because I’ve been using a live band in parts… it’s a really different show to anything I’ve done before- There’s a lot more showmanship.”

He even explained the reason why he seems to tour more than his good friend Eminem.

“I’ve toured more than him because he has Hailey and he likes to physically be at the house, a lot of people don’t know the reason behind him touring less- but Hailey would put boxes in front of the door thinking this would stop him going.”

50 went on to talk about the amount of traveling that Eminem would have to do to try to make up for the time he lost with his daughter from touring.

“He (Eminem) would fly back on a private plane after the show so he could drive her to school in the morning so for him the tour was exhausting.”

While discussing what should be his final studio album 50 talks about the track that he did with kanye as well as the direction of this album "Before I self Destruct"

“This album is more aggressive and darker- I’ll produce something that hands down will be the best record of that time period. There’s no duet with me and Kanye, there was a track that I created and Kanye produced but it’s not made it to the album.”

Source: defsounds.com

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: 50 cent talks about his last album; no tracks with Kanye West
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 09:10:46 AM »
All in all, i think BISD will have a few surprises
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 09:26:33 AM »
I'm not getting my hopes up

kemizt

Matty

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:45:38 AM »
yeah nothing 50 says holds any weight now after all the hype about curtis and then it dropping and being an extremely mediocre effort...he needs some good tracks from dr dre this time...

Blu Lacez

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »

GangstaBoogy

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:18:47 PM »
yeah nothing 50 says holds any weight now after all the hype about curtis and then it dropping and being an extremely mediocre effort...he needs some good tracks from dr dre this time...

there was no hype around curtis. hes been promoting before i self destruct since early last summer.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:01:51 PM »
last good 50cent album was grodt....i couldnt give a fuck about what he says....curtis is kinda dark.....still wack though...whatever direction he goes, its about making sure he executes it right...

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 11:24:42 PM »
All in all, i think BISD will have a few surprises

I think he learned a valuable lesson with his album finishing 2nd to Kanye, he knows he has to flip the script on this one.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 01:21:42 AM »

there was no hype around curtis. hes been promoting before i self destruct since early last summer.

Yep, he was pretty much being so confident about BISD that when he decided to release Curtis first, even in interviews for Curtis he was saying how dope BISD is. The main difference being "on Curtis I am still trying to cater to mainstream  but on BISD to my mixtape fans."

The only marketing scheme he had for Curtis was "it's like Batman begins, prior to Get Rich", yet in the same sentence he said Justin, Nicole, Akon, Robin Thicke and Mary J.Blige are on it. I don't think he even believed himself when he said those things.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 01:27:15 AM »
i liked curtis.... much ebtter then wack ass massacre cd

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 02:53:41 AM »
i liked curtis.... much ebtter then wack ass massacre cd

Piffmeister2008