Author Topic: Money Mayweather v Hitman Hatton  (Read 1496 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: Money Mayweather v Hitman Hatton
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »
Anybody who thought Hatton was going to win was a fool.

SGV

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2007, 11:03:21 AM »
all the hatton fans will say the ref was way to involved..but this is boxing not hugging yo..thye just either headlocked eachother or grabbed an arm....it was a good fight i'd say..mayweather did throw much in the start but he was landing all power punches....he showed up to fight and is the best pound for pound in the world....and i fuck id be a flashy motherfucker too if i was young and rich and the best in the world..who cares

Yeah, we know it's not hugging "yo." Which is why Cortez should've been on Mayweather for hugging so much, as opposed to just being on Hatton when he was returning the favor to Mayweather. It was so hard for Hatton to counter punch Mayweather when Mayweather would punch and hug, punch and hug, punch and hug... But Cortez said nothing to Mayweather, rather harrassing Hatton. Not trying to take away from Mayweathers knockout, but things may have been different in the fight if Hatton had as much freedom as Mayweather.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2007, 11:05:26 AM »
all the hatton fans will say the ref was way to involved..but this is boxing not hugging yo..thye just either headlocked eachother or grabbed an arm....it was a good fight i'd say..mayweather did throw much in the start but he was landing all power punches....he showed up to fight and is the best pound for pound in the world....and i fuck id be a flashy motherfucker too if i was young and rich and the best in the world..who cares

You also gotta give them a chance to break out of the hug.  Look at that classic Corrales Castillo fight, they would hug then both would try to fight the other off of it.  Did you see when Oscar stood and said, "Come on!", before that Hatton broke off a hold and was giving it to Mayweather, but Cortez came in to break it up lmao. 

It probably wouldn't have made a difference, but you never know. 

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2007, 11:05:51 AM »
Floyd played a very tactical game. Each time Ricky came to close, Floyd he went low, exposing the back of his head, which often resulted in Hatton holding it, and cortez (the ref) breaking it up. Floyd did not want a brawl, instead, he relied on his fast and accurate counterattacks while Hatton was fatiguing himself with all the punches that Floyd defended so well against. Floyd landed more punches with greater accuracy throughout the entire match.

The ref did nothing wrong. You can't hold a guys neck in boxing, it's as simple as that. Hatton did that plenty of times, not realizing that that he was being played by Floyd. The ref had no problems allowing a brawl as long as there were no "neck-locks".

And concerning the rope thing, Hatton did push Floyd toward the ropes, sure, one can argue that Floyd with his technique didn't need to lose his balance (dive), but he chose to do so. Whether Hatton did hit his head or not, he TRIED, and for the ref, who's right behind Hatton to see that there eventually were no contact is very hard. The point deduction is Hattons own fault.

SGV

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2007, 12:23:48 PM »
Hatton wasn't inentionally headlocking dude. Mayweather, like you said, was using that as a tactic. Unfortunately, Cortez never thought to warn Mayweather or anything, instead he stayed watching Hatton. That's wack to me.

OchoCinco

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2007, 04:14:55 PM »
the punch and grab was his strategy...mayweather is a smart dude he didnt want to play hattons inclose dirty boxing tactics with short uppercutws and shit...but he didnt even have to do that cus even when they were in clsoe mayweather was still landing the more clean punches....hatton didnt have the offence to compete with floyds defence...floyd consistantly landed the clean shots and power punches while hatton didnt land much....im not takin anything away from hatton i mean hes a good dude and a great boxer and sure got a good laugh from some of the shit he was sayin on 24/7 and best damn...i thot hatton had a good chance to take him out but floyd jus used his head and stuck to game plan and that was the decideing factor...good fight none the less tho...floyd is a great boxer when he lets his hands go like he did in the 8th...props to both on a exciting fight

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »
anyone who watched the fight can yall answer me one question?Did Hatton win more than 1 fucking round in that fight?Like I said before i was here at the house with a couple of peoples and we all were stunned by the offical scorecard which pretty much had Hatton winning only 1 round which there is no fucking way that is possible.

Sikotic™

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2007, 05:41:37 PM »
anyone who watched the fight can yall answer me one question?Did Hatton win more than 1 fucking round in that fight?Like I said before i was here at the house with a couple of peoples and we all were stunned by the offical scorecard which pretty much had Hatton winning only 1 round which there is no fucking way that is possible.
Yeah, I laughed at that too. Hatton was more aggressive and doing more damage than Mayweather in the first half of the fight.

It's no suprise to me though. Mayweather is the big name draw of the fight. He's putting the ass in the seats in terms of US fans (I know UK fans had a huge base in Vegas due to Hatton). It's good for business to rule in favor of Mayweather when the fight is so close. Even if Hatton kept up that pace the entire fight, but never knocked out Floyd or put on a more convincing performance, he would of lost.

I'm not being biased because I dislike Mayweather either. Here's another example: the first fight between Evander Holyfield (one of my all-time favorites) and Lennox Lewis. It was obvious that Lewis won the fight, but because it went to the scorecards, the judges ruled in favor of the big money making name at the time, Holyfield. Yeah, it ruins the integrity of the sport, but controversy sells which is why even MORE people paid to see their second fight when Lewis once again convincingly beat Holyfield, and the judges had no other option but to give Lewis the victory. It's just the way shit goes.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2007, 09:21:32 PM »
let me add that Here in Vegas Mayweather never ever sold out any of his pass fights and never even came close to a sold out until just recently with his last 2 (vs Delahoya n vs Hatton) so i wouldnt really say Mayweather is bring out the crowd its more of his opponents doing the business side of it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2007, 09:26:27 PM »
lol the funny thing is that in the Ponce de Leon vs Escobedo fight it was De Leon who was aggressive but extremely inaccurate while Escobedo was defensive and more accurate with his punches.  The judges gave it to Leon by a landslide. 

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2007, 02:05:57 AM »
lol well one guy earned the others respect by the end of it.

not sure it worked both ways though and that says alot

Sikotic™

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2007, 02:46:20 AM »
let me add that Here in Vegas Mayweather never ever sold out any of his pass fights and never even came close to a sold out until just recently with his last 2 (vs Delahoya n vs Hatton) so i wouldnt really say Mayweather is bring out the crowd its more of his opponents doing the business side of it.
Most people wanna see him get knocked out. That's why he's putting asses in seats now lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »
Most people wanna see him get knocked out. That's why he's putting asses in seats now lol
people need to stop hating on mayweather.  hes got money, and hes a fuckin damn good boxer.   to be very honest, i dont see anyone even being on mayweather's level, talent wise.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2007, 11:04:39 AM »
lol at "hes got money"

Okay, I'll stop disliking the guy because of that.

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2007, 11:37:36 AM »
Anybody who thought Hatton was going to win was a fool.