Author Topic: Money Mayweather v Hitman Hatton  (Read 1499 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Money Mayweather v Hitman Hatton
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2007, 12:34:04 PM »
let me add that Here in Vegas Mayweather never ever sold out any of his pass fights and never even came close to a sold out until just recently with his last 2 (vs Delahoya n vs Hatton) so i wouldnt really say Mayweather is bring out the crowd its more of his opponents doing the business side of it.
Most people wanna see him get knocked out. That's why he's putting asses in seats now lol
people need to stop hating on mayweather.  hes got money, and hes a fuckin damn good boxer.   to be very honest, i dont see anyone even being on mayweather's level, talent wise.
He's basically a young Roy Jones with a lil more talent. Nothing more. And we all saw how Roy ended up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

OchoCinco

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »
roy jones is one one the greatest...hes making the mistake of letting boxing retire him...he should retire like mayeaether should..go out when ur on top.....o yea and y r u guys gettin all upset that they marked him low on a bunch of rounds....i mean go back and look at the clean punches hatton landed...there almost non existent....u guys are goin on what looked like was going on which was hatton pressing floyd into the ropes and throwing..but non of that really landed clean....the whole fight that i watched was mayweather landing clean rights at will...i mean why even argue about the score cards....the dude got knocked out and looked like no where close to mayweathers skill, which was disapointing...cause now u guys have to all make excuses how mayweather was favorited, how hes all hype, how hatton got screwed...i mean he got knocked out..nothing suspisious about that..other than superior boxing skill....hattons good but i dont think many ppl outside of england gave him a chance..

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2007, 03:46:35 PM »
From a casual watcher point of view the match was "boring."  I rooted for Hatton and if he won it would have been a good fight but come on now, Mayweather was just defending. I got it that it´s his tactic and all that but it´s boring to watch. Good that I stayed awake till 6am for that crap. :/

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2007, 05:00:04 PM »
Mayweather is the biggest draw in boxing now!!! De La Hoya is still up there especially because he has a strong fan base and is well-liked by most, but it seems like everybody wants to see Mayweather fight. Either you like him or appreciate that he is so talented, or you hate him and keep watching with the hope that somebody shuts him up. As far as the fight, the judges didn't matter because Hatton got knocked out, and even if the ref was unfair, you have to be able to adjust and box. You don't score any points by grabbing.
I got a bird's eye view

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2007, 05:26:04 PM »
Mayweather isn't the biggest draw in boxing.  His last two fights just happened to be versus two boxers that are huge draws.  Unless Cotto faces DLH first, and beats him, a Cotto vs Mayweather fight wouldn't get that many viewers as these last two fights.   

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »
^ i disagree with you homie about Cotto.I can see alot of puerto ricans coming over here to Vegas to see that fight.I honestly would be surprised if Mayweather is willing to take on Cotto but I hope it happens.As a boxing fan how da fuck can like somebody who basically just runs back throught out the fight and not really stand toe to toe and BOX.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2007, 11:08:59 PM »
Mayweather isn't the biggest draw in boxing.  His last two fights just happened to be versus two boxers that are huge draws.  Unless Cotto faces DLH first, and beats him, a Cotto vs Mayweather fight wouldn't get that many viewers as these last two fights.  
I think he has taken over the top spot. The only competition is De La Hoya, who says he will retire, then says he will fight again, but is in the twilight of his career and is falling off. Mayweather is still in his prime, and everybody has an opinion on him whether they love him or hate him.
I got a bird's eye view

Sikotic™

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2007, 11:19:06 PM »
I don't even see how De La Hoya is in the twilight of his career. He lost 2 of his last 3 fights, but look at his opponents: Hopkins, Mayorga, and Mayweather. That's some stiff competition and says a lot about the guy's drive to prove he can go at it with the best. He's still got a few more big fights left in him.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »
If Mayweather wants a big pay day, he's going to wait for Cotto to have DLH at 154 in May then fight Cotto in Nov/Dec/Jan at 147.  I'll guarantee you that if this route is taken, more money will be made. 

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2007, 09:14:55 PM »
this was an easy one to predict. I didnt think Mayweather would KO him, but Hatton is just too easy to hit.

Boxer > A Scrapper anytime in boxing...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »
I don't even see how De La Hoya is in the twilight of his career. He lost 2 of his last 3 fights, but look at his opponents: Hopkins, Mayorga, and Mayweather. That's some stiff competition and says a lot about the guy's drive to prove he can go at it with the best. He's still got a few more big fights left in him.
That's a good point, I think it's just because he is up there in years and he keeps talking about retirement. He did lose a little speed and bulked up, but he has made up for it because he is stronger and fights so much smarter. Do you think him and Mayweather ever go at it again? I remember a lot of people being mad about the outcome and the fight.
I got a bird's eye view

Sikotic™

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2007, 08:35:59 PM »
I doubt it because the first fight was a disappointment to boxing fans. If the boxing fans were disappointed, imagine how pissed a lot fo the more casual watchers were when they didn't see a KO. I don't think a lot fo those people will be willing to buy another PPV to see them fight again.

BUT....De La Hoya is the biggest draw in boxing. He could be fighting Gary Coleman and he could still sell out an arena. It is very possible that it could happen again. Personally, I would love to see it because a split decision is too close to call and you know both Mayweather and Oscar would want at least a unanimous decision if not a KO.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2007, 11:53:40 PM »
Yeah, it would be tough to sell as good as the last one because of how disappointing that was when it was supposed to be the "mega fight" of the decade. But I think a lot of people would still buy it hoping to see a clear winner, either by domination on points, or especially a knockout. At first, I would be skeptical about it if they declare a rematch, but I know I would end up getting a few people together to watch it, just hoping for a better fight.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »
BUT....De La Hoya is the biggest draw in boxing. He could be fighting Gary Coleman and he could still sell out an arena.

That would draw the most ratings in the history of boxing.

bez

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2007, 02:55:28 PM »
So proud of Ricky, just a shame Mayweather out classed him.