Author Topic: Constructive Criticism In Music  (Read 187 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Constructive Criticism In Music
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »
This is becoming a lost art in music. And especially forums. If you like a artist, you are a dickrider, if you don't you are a hater. I have been called a hater on Gucci Mane's music. Hey I will wear that hat because at the least I listened to his stuff and I can't stand it. For the people that do, no hard feelings. I am old school when it comes to music. If I spend my hard earned money on a album and I don't like it, I feel I have a right to my opinion. Hell even in the DL age if you took the time to DL it and listen to it and you do not like it, so be it.

One of the best threads lately to me is the Relaspe thread. You get every possible opinion under the sun in there about that album. For the people that listened to the album and actually give a honest 2 cents, good or bad. For all these people that are fans or just plain hate Em to begin with and it does not matter, take a chill pill. Same with DPGC stans, Game stans, Slaughterhouse stans, etc. It is not the end of the world if people do not feel the same way about the music that you do. And in many cases some of the criticism as valid points.

Anyone else want to add their 2 cents go ahead, I got more later.

Matty

Re: Constructive Criticism In Music
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:20:19 PM »
gucci man hater? you mean you don't like gucci man's music? YOU ARE A FUCKING GUCCI MAN HATER, GET WITH THE TIMES! GUCCI IS BIG SOMETHING US REAL STREET PEEPS CAN RELATE TO.

that is all.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »
This is becoming a lost art in music. And especially forums. If you like a artist, you are a dickrider, if you don't you are a hater. I have been called a hater on Gucci Mane's music. Hey I will wear that hat because at the least I listened to his stuff and I can't stand it. For the people that do, no hard feelings. I am old school when it comes to music. If I spend my hard earned money on a album and I don't like it, I feel I have a right to my opinion. Hell even in the DL age if you took the time to DL it and listen to it and you do not like it, so be it.

One of the best threads lately to me is the Relaspe thread. You get every possible opinion under the sun in there about that album. For the people that listened to the album and actually give a honest 2 cents, good or bad. For all these people that are fans or just plain hate Em to begin with and it does not matter, take a chill pill. Same with DPGC stans, Game stans, Slaughterhouse stans, etc. It is not the end of the world if people do not feel the same way about the music that you do. And in many cases some of the criticism as valid points.

Take em to church!!

+1
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 07:36:08 PM by Rik (Man On The Moon) »

Matty

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:28:50 PM »
GUCCI MAN WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD ON A KEBAB STICK FOR THIS :pirate:

Blasphemy

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 09:06:48 PM »
TL;DR - Everyone has there own opinion basically? lol (PS I did read it, but that pretty much sums it up.

OchoCinco

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 09:11:24 PM »
props, real shit.

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »

Take em to church!!

+1
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 10:52:39 PM »
gucci man hater? you mean you don't like gucci man's music? YOU ARE A FUCKING GUCCI MAN HATER, GET WITH THE TIMES! GUCCI IS BIG SOMETHING US REAL STREET PEEPS CAN RELATE TO.

that is all.

hahahaha

PREACH!!!

but on the real, i agree D-Nice. people can take this shit too seriously sometimes. i admit that i used to be one of those people but i've grown & learned my lesson. fact is a lot of these artists need some real criticism so they can make better music. it's definitely needed.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 11:47:02 PM »

Take em to church!!

+1

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 01:04:01 AM »

yeah this never gets old.

i remember a few years ago, when i was only lurking around this place and i often saw posters calling eachother out over the opinion of the other ::) it was demotivating to get involved in discussions.
then i was like, fuck it and went in and received a lot of positive feedback, including from D~Nice.

i've received a lot of personal attacks since the beginning and it only got worse as i got more active, but it doesn't hurt me.
however, it does piss me off that someone lowers himself/herself to that level(remember Vader's Ego Trippin' review?), fucking cowards  :oi:
it never held me back though(look at my postcount, lol!), as even the negativity is a sign that you're doing it right  8)
it even motivates me to spice it up a little  ;D
besides, both here and outside the internet, my honesty gets appreciated so that feels good :)