Author Topic: Jermaine confirms Jackson 5 reunion rumors  (Read 281 times)

Lazar

Jermaine confirms Jackson 5 reunion rumors
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:08:07 AM »
Jermaine Jackson has confirmed speculation The Jackson 5 are to embark on a reunion tour in 2008, complete with pop superstar brother Michael.

Concert promoter Leonard Rowe, the man behind Michael Jackson's 'Off The Wall' tour in the late 1970s and early 1980s, recently admitted he had been in touch with the infamous Jackson family to discuss reforming for a number of live dates. He also claimed Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon had already confirmed their involvement, the 'Thriller' superstar was the only family member yet to give a firm 'yes'.

And Jermaine reveals the ABC hitmakers have been planning a comeback for years, but the project was delayed by Michael's child abuse trial in 2005.

He says, "Michael will be involved. We feel we have to do it one more time. We owe that to the fans and to the public.

"There's been so much going on, getting over all the hurdles that we all were faced with during Michael's trial. But we are stronger than ever."

The 53-year-old has also hinted at the band releasing some new material, saying that the group was "in the studio at the moment".

The group last toured as The Jacksons, with six members, in support of the Victory album in 1984. They released one more album, 1989's 2300 Jackson Street, before formally disbanding in 1990.

Source: kutv.com

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jermaine confirms Jackson 5 reunion rumors
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 09:10:33 AM »
sounds good. lets hope Michael can still sing... and of course, groove.

Lazar

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 09:13:48 AM »
sounds good. lets hope Michael can still sing... and of course, groove.

Yeah, letīs hope it. Would be dope as fuck. Wasnīt there some rumors Kanye West should produce something for Michael? Imagine he would produce a new Jackson 5 album :o

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 09:15:56 AM »
thats some tight new...i hope that michael can put his shit toghether and make it happen

StevenQBosell

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 10:31:47 AM »
If Michael jackson hits L.A. or Vegas, I'll rob whoever I have to rob to see Michael jackson perform, just once in my lifetime

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 01:18:11 PM »
If Michael jackson hits L.A. or Vegas, I'll rob whoever I have to rob to see Michael jackson perform, just once in my lifetime

Geah!!
LMAo!!
+1
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 01:40:52 PM »
I grew up on MJ & J5 music, they got classics galore. But it will be hard for me to get amped about a reunion tour by 50 year old niggas. Maybe if it was MJ & Janet.......I'd watch on DVD
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:47:41 PM by cyence »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »
^^hahaha truth, the jackson 5 were off the hook....as kids.....now the only cat from them that would interest me was a michael jackson album...where he drops videos with his music

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 02:40:04 PM »

lol Fo' sho, i would too  8)

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 03:26:16 PM »
hope its true...
but jermaine been talkin about the reunion for 10 years now LOL :)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »
Since the trial was over, there was rumors that said all this shit, so the money I had that summer, I saved it, $200, for some front row tickets, becuz for a Michael concert I'll go all out. More than enough money's still there, waiting... 8)

Blu Lacez

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 03:43:05 PM »
Since the trial was over, there was rumors that said all this shit, so the money I had that summer, I saved it, $200, for some front row tickets, becuz for a Michael concert I'll go all out. More than enough money's still there, waiting... 8)

HahHAa

It would be something to see him performing with his Brothers..
Perhaps have Janet doing back up vocals!!!
Hopefully she won't do a "boob" pop

Piffmeister2008

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 05:43:21 AM »
what does Jermaine has to do with this?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 09:44:22 AM »

lol Fo' sho, i would too  8)

Its worth it, i saw him in concert when i was 16. it was the first concert i ever went to and still the best.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 08:00:08 PM »
hope its true...
but jermaine been talkin about the reunion for 10 years now LOL :)
that's what im saying lol