Author Topic: Ken Griffey Jr.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry Bonds  (Read 1304 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Ken Griffey Jr.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry Bonds
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2007, 10:12:35 PM »
Sure it does.... it's a case of mixing facts with and unfounded beliefs. Can yours be more realistic? Certainly.... But is it an unfounded belief based on an asumption? Yes... therefore I will put your belief one tier ahead of the Mooney's...  only slightly though...   :)

The fact that the NBA tests for drugs makes it very founded, particularly in the 80s when they weren't testing like they do now. For them to bring in the policy and program they brought in means something was going on in house and they didn't want it getting out. When Korea as a nation starts yearly testing to see if the new Christ has been born then they'll be in the same stratoshpere. Until then, mine is assumption based on very solid evidence. If no one in the NBA took roids then the NBA would just say it's not a problem here, never was and we don't need to test. The PGA seems to give off that message. But they test and they test often in the NBA. Thinking it wasn't part of the game at least at one time is a bit naive, just based on how they handle it.

The NBA doesn't test for steroids...You lost. It is a common thought among NBA heads that steroids would hamper a ballers overall performance. That's why no ones ever been caught in the sport of basketball, college or professional.

So they don't test for it and no one has been caught with it. How would they get caught if they aren't tested? Do you see how the concept of logic escapes you? They do test for it. They have since the late 90s. It's common knowledge to anyone that reads the sports pages.

Actually, they do test for everything in the NBA, but they don't have regular testing for steroids. If they think someone is taking steroids, they'll test him, which never happens to begin with...in fact, people make jokes about steroids in the NBA, since no one is dumb enough to think steroids will enhance performance in basketball to begin with:

http://realgm.com/src_feature/1013/20071003/buster_looks_into_livingstons_potential_performance_enhancers/

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »
Sure it does.... it's a case of mixing facts with and unfounded beliefs. Can yours be more realistic? Certainly.... But is it an unfounded belief based on an asumption? Yes... therefore I will put your belief one tier ahead of the Mooney's...  only slightly though...   :)

The fact that the NBA tests for drugs makes it very founded, particularly in the 80s when they weren't testing like they do now. For them to bring in the policy and program they brought in means something was going on in house and they didn't want it getting out. When Korea as a nation starts yearly testing to see if the new Christ has been born then they'll be in the same stratoshpere. Until then, mine is assumption based on very solid evidence. If no one in the NBA took roids then the NBA would just say it's not a problem here, never was and we don't need to test. The PGA seems to give off that message. But they test and they test often in the NBA. Thinking it wasn't part of the game at least at one time is a bit naive, just based on how they handle it.

The NBA doesn't test for steroids...You lost. It is a common thought among NBA heads that steroids would hamper a ballers overall performance. That's why no ones ever been caught in the sport of basketball, college or professional.

So they don't test for it and no one has been caught with it. How would they get caught if they aren't tested? Do you see how the concept of logic escapes you? They do test for it. They have since the late 90s. It's common knowledge to anyone that reads the sports pages.

Actually, they do test for everything in the NBA, but they don't have regular testing for steroids. If they think someone is taking steroids, they'll test him, which never happens to begin with...in fact, people make jokes about steroids in the NBA, since no one is dumb enough to think steroids will enhance performance in basketball to begin with:

http://realgm.com/src_feature/1013/20071003/buster_looks_into_livingstons_potential_performance_enhancers/

What are you trying to show with that article? That only one guy in the NBA history may have taken steroids?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2007, 10:27:33 PM »
That article was satirical fiction...LMAO@claiming other people don't get things. The irony here is priceless.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2007, 06:19:48 AM »
That article was satirical fiction...LMAO@claiming other people don't get things. The irony here is priceless.

I didn't read it. Just the first lines. I did read and interview with Jalen Rose being asked if steroids were a prolem in basketball and he responded and I quote 'I think enhancements are an issue anywhere that is competitive," "Any time you're trying to compete against the next person for a job, for a position, for a contract, for a victory, people are willing to do whatever it takes to get an edge." He must know something you don't, because he didn't outright dismiss it.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2005/03/19/966351-sun.html

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2007, 12:32:18 PM »
He's saying that it could be a problem anywhere, not that he's actually experienced it...that's a very bland statement, it proves nothing. There's way more evidence that says steroids are nowhere near the sport of basketball...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »
you know who took steroids in the NBA

i know a guy

THIS guy:

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »
you know who took steroids in the NBA

i know a guy

THIS guy:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »
He's saying that it could be a problem anywhere, not that he's actually experienced it...that's a very bland statement, it proves nothing. There's way more evidence that says steroids are nowhere near the sport of basketball...PeACe

Of course there is no evidence, just like there was no evidence it was in baseball in the 80s. When the olympic 100m scandal was going down you didn't everyone pointing fingers at the MLB saying it could be happening there too. They weren't testing for roids but you better believe people were on them. From reading about all the pro wrestlers that took them I realized that it's not just the big huge guys that are on them. Steroids do a lot more than increase muscle mass. It starts in the highschool level. I remember the top level track and field kids back in the 90s when I was in highschool and top level distance runners popping baking soda pills to keep their stamina and pace during the long run. Some girl from another school did it to win in '95 and in the finals of the '96 ever distance runner in my school was taking them just before the run. Once you see someone not as good as you at anything beat you because they had an advantage you level the playng field. It's only fair.