Author Topic: All Hate Aside, The South...  (Read 584 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: All Hate Aside, The South...
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »
I was gonna make a thread about Houston dropping the best mainstream shit this year...

My mainstream album of the year is Devin The Dude - "Waiting To Exhale".  Granted I haven't heard Face or Wu yet, but Devin's album has stayed in my rotation for months.  It's a fantastic album.

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 09:15:16 PM »
I was gonna make a thread about Houston dropping the best mainstream shit this year...

My mainstream album of the year is Devin The Dude - "Waiting To Exhale".  Granted I haven't heard Face or Wu yet, but Devin's album has stayed in my rotation for months.  It's a fantastic album.
devin's album was cool
not as good as "the dude" or "just tryin ta live"
better than "to tha x-treme though"
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Al Bundy

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 09:20:21 PM »
Devin's album was solid as well.  8)

Love that album also.

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 10:56:15 PM »
yo do the review thing you do on tupac, luna! it would take you like a month or so to listen to everything, and then about a 4 page report on the best ever ;D, but definatly would love to see it homie 8)
i am
right now, i wanna keep all these discograpgy review threads in the outbound section
when i'm done doin all the 1s i want on the south/east/mid-west...im'a go over 2 the west section & do the 2pac, cube, snoop, dre, etc. ;)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 11:26:17 PM »
dirty acres is so fresh but at the same time it got that old school vibe with the scratch n shit i really like this album. UGK has the best this year though, and chamillionnair is second in line. I really dont like the wu album. I'm a big wu fan, all the rappers came with their a game but i can't get into the boring beats rza did. they should go back and visit the 36 chambers

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 11:27:51 PM »
listening 2 this dirty acres now
i can see why ppl love them & why they have quite the net following/loyal fans
they're very....unique
not in a bad way, in a good way, but not AMAZING..agian tho, let me say i can see why ppl wud dis-agree with me
i wud say they a "broke man's outkast"...not really a diss since outkast is so dope tho
dope, but not my cup of tea ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 11:29:37 PM by Lunatic 63 »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 02:45:13 AM »
listening 2 this dirty acres now
i can see why ppl love them & why they have quite the net following/loyal fans
they're very....unique
not in a bad way, in a good way, but not AMAZING..agian tho, let me say i can see why ppl wud dis-agree with me
i wud say they a "broke man's outkast"...not really a diss since outkast is so dope tho
dope, but not my cup of tea ;)

I recommend these tracks from their previously albums:
"Mic Like A Memory" feat. Kory Calico
"616 Rewind" feat. Celph Titled, Kashal-Tee, Sankofa, Tonedeff
"Love Ain't" feat. Tonedeff
"Rain"
"Nothing To Give"
- My 5 absoloutely favorites from their albums, but they're all dope.

...and while your at it listen to
Tonedeff - Porcelain Remix
Tonedeff - Loyalty
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:51:13 AM by K.Dub »

kemizt

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 11:02:43 AM »
I agree with the guy who started the thread - The South DID run shit this year.

But you know what - I'll add to that - they've been running the rap game for the last few years, in terms of quality albums, not neccessarily sales.

All those guys at the West Coast forum getting excited by another weak dissapointing album by Tha Dogg Pound or Snoop are killing me.

d-nice

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 12:05:07 PM »
I agree with the guy who started the thread - The South DID run shit this year.

But you know what - I'll add to that - they've been running the rap game for the last few years, in terms of quality albums, not neccessarily sales.

All those guys at the West Coast forum getting excited by another weak dissapointing album by Tha Dogg Pound or Snoop are killing me.

Alot of true talk there. And because the south is on top right now alot of music from different places in getting mainstream attention, even the wack shit. But the UGK's, TI's, Outkast, Luda's, and Face's albums that are getting these good reviews it is cool and well deserved.

It is a known fact their is alot of dope albums that do come out of the west, most ain't gangsta and most are underground, indie artists, which do not get alot of support which is a problem.

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »
because the south is on top right now alot of music from different places in getting mainstream attention, even the wack shit. But the UGK's, TI's, Outkast, Luda's, and Face's albums that are getting these good reviews it is cool and well deserved.

It is a known fact their is alot of dope albums that do come out of the west, most ain't gangsta and most are underground, indie artists, which do not get alot of support which is a problem.
exactly
them artists stay droppin dope music & get hated on (besides kast, face, ugk) because they're from the south ::)
it's really sad 2 miss out on dope music like Ti or luda because ppl generalize them with southern artists who are "cheesy" but in reality there the ones missing out & are talkin out they ass

yea the west seen a lot of DOPE street albums 8)  (bishop, taje, malone, meech, t.martin)

HEC

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »
yeah the South has been pretty much running things but don't sleep on the East, Jay dropped a hot one and the Wu is about to drop one as well but overall the South took it this year

d-nice

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 05:21:48 PM »
yeah the South has been pretty much running things but don't sleep on the East, Jay dropped a hot one and the Wu is about to drop one as well but overall the South took it this year

Yeah alot of quality material out East this year. Alot of the albums sound like they are taking a back to the basics.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »
Is runnin shit this year!!
honestly y'all
i love all coasts
but my 3 hardest/best albums this year are likely
chamillionaire
UGK
i know it's hella early, but scarface would be the 3rd

ofcourse they're other contenders, but the south is doin they thang...
yeah mainstream wise

Piffmeister2008

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2007, 12:48:23 AM »
Is runnin shit this year!!
honestly y'all
i love all coasts
but my 3 hardest/best albums this year are likely
chamillionaire
UGK
i know it's hella early, but scarface would be the 3rd

ofcourse they're other contenders, but the south is doin they thang...

Add Soulja Boy