Author Topic: New Music From Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre & Focus! "American Dreams" & "No Stoppin'"  (Read 2061 times)

maxpowers

• 'G'
I listened to "get u some" of busta's album at the studio I work at. All I can say is wow.
*Nobody mixes better than Dre touch.
*No album sounds bigger and warmer than dre touch.
*No album bangs harder than dre's touch.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "American Dream" pretty much a loop as well? Come to think of it, isn't 90% of Hip Hop beats a loop with a slight change up every 8 bars? Look at some of Dre's tracks on "2001". Still DRE for example, was pretty much a loop with small additions or change up every such and such time. Yes, "2001" had more complex things going on in the music in comparison to what he gives other artists but that's because it's HIS album.

What gets me is that it seems every single beat that Dre releases is supposed to be some amazing "Chronic" style shit and if it's just "dope" o "good" people start saying he fell off. I could almost bet that if Dre produced "American Dream" and Focus produced "Carson" that most people would still say the same thing about Dre. People go for the underdog because it's diferrent. That's exactly why Dre will never fully satasfy the fans when "DETOX" drops. The expectations of fans today can and will NEVER be reaced.... no matter how great it may be.
yeah i guess you have a point there. i can't speak for the others, but for me in general, a loop in a song doesn't have to make it a bad song. i mean, with NO stopping carson the voice in the backround actually did ruin it for me.
but deep cover has loops as well, and i can imagine that some ppl think that the song becomes very repititive after a while, but somehow i don't find the loops on deep cover annoying ( so i guess it's just a matter of taste).

i do like american dreams a bit more than no stopping carson, not because of the beat ( can become very annoying after a while imo), but bishop's flow is a lot better than his flow on most tracks ( i don't know why; but he often raps so slow/laid back, and somehow it doesn't work out for him. i mean, he's not snoop dogg or 50 cent. he should flow like he did on the track from the true crime soundtrack. that's bishop at his best).

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 07:03:39 AM by Dre-Day »

wcsoldier

damn, why all the hate on dre lately, both tracks is hot but focus fell off hard

I was wondering the same thing... 'cause when the snippet came out everyone here was talking about how "dope" it was. I guess because the snippet has been out for a while and AD is brand new?

No Stopping Carson isn't a bad song, my problem with it is Dre. The snippet that leaked was great but It's disappointing that if you've heard the snippet you've heard the completed beat basically because the full track is just another loop.

Hopefully what's happening here is that Dre is creating these snippets of beats and the ones he likes the best he's building on (keeping them for Detox and The Reformation) and the others he's just looping and selling to other artists. Nearly all these recent Dre tracks sound incomplete, they're like the foundations of what could have been a great beat. The beats are like skeletons, they need fleshed out and brought to life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "American Dream" pretty much a loop as well? Come to think of it, isn't 90% of Hip Hop beats a loop with a slight change up every 8 bars? Look at some of Dre's tracks on "2001". Still DRE for example, was pretty much a loop with small additions or change up every such and such time. Yes, "2001" had more complex things going on in the music in comparison to what he gives other artists but that's because it's HIS album.

What gets me is that it seems every single beat that Dre releases is supposed to be some amazing "Chronic" style shit and if it's just "dope" o "good" people start saying he fell off. I could almost bet that if Dre produced "American Dream" and Focus produced "Carson" that most people would still say the same thing about Dre. People go for the underdog because it's diferrent. That's exactly why Dre will never fully satasfy the fans when "DETOX" drops. The expectations of fans today can and will NEVER be reaced.... no matter how great it may be.
thing is Dre releases a few beats a year and takes FOREVER to release his projects ... so of course I think we have the right to bitch when his beats are average from his standards .. I ain't gonna wait 9 fucking years just to have a "very good" album ... Dre can't expect his fans to be some "yes men" if Detox isn't as much groundbreaking as the Chronic and 2001 .... it's actually Dre so  perfectionnism and Interscope pushbacks policy for EVERY FUCKIN RELEASE which increase people expectations ... at the end of the day , if he thinks 9 years were needed to make another groundbreaking album , I'm good with it  but it better not have average music on it ... same with Bishop, I ain't waiting his album for 3 years to hear some average No Stoppin Carson type of beat ... that's why I was dissapointed by the Dre work on Busta album ... 3 years for good but not amazing stuff (outside Get you some) .....

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There's a NO DJ version of "No Stoppin Carson" on Bishop's myspace, someone rip it.

http://www.myspace.com/bishoplamont

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!

jeromechickenbone

Mad props Nima, you always got the exclusives man!

I'm sorry but this shit does absolutely nothing for me.  The vast majority of Dre's beats are so fucking redundant and so fucking boring these days I honestly don't understand how anyone gets hyped about them.

And Bishop Lamont brings nothing to the table.  He's average as hell.

Young Old Head

Cash Money Blood Gang

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i wish people were as critical bout dre's beats as they are about quiks .. coz if u think dre fell off with his recent stuff then wat the hell happened to quik .. his recent shit has been juss as bad if not worse .. that fixxers shit is hot garbage

Trauma-san

I don't understand what Dre's doing with these beats.  In the past, he'd save that "AAAAHHHH" in the background for just the chorus or something and switch it up a little bit, layer stuff in and out, almost like a rock song.  Like the "MURDAAHHHH" in the chorus of Murder Was The Case.  I'm just so surprised that as complicated as his stuff used to be that he's happy now with what's no more than a freestyle beat.  Hell, when he made "The Shiznit" with Snoop, that was basically a freestyle beat and it's much more sophisticated than this beat.
Dre used to do cool shit like drop the bass out in a track and make him or Snoop or whoever rap over just drums for a few bars or something just to amplify the clarity of their voice a little bit.... and I don't know why he doesn't scratch anymore. 

But whatever, I guess he knows one hell of alot more about what he's doing than we do.  This sounds like 5 seconds of a Dre beat that somebody jacked and made into a song on Cakewalk or something.