Author Topic: DJ Quik  (Read 742 times)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: DJ Quik
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:07:55 PM »
quik was on fire late 90s... rhythmalism, classic 220, street gospel... so many classic beats on those albums

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »
i wasn't that impressed with trauma.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 08:45:29 PM »
yeah he used it on "Til Jesus Comes" in that "yeah yeah yeah" bit, sampled from the Prince song "Alphabet Street"

that would be a sample though, not him playing.

and as for the live show, its not like he'd play those talkbox songs w/ out them. im sure he was just talking from a production standpoint about retiring it
actually i think it's him doing it.  my bad, it's not a "sample" what's it called? an interpolation?

Tampasolar

• Lil Geezy
  • http://www.myspace.com/tampasolars
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 03:35:53 AM »
i think balance & options was ahead of it's time.

only now are people starting feel that structured melody driven hiphop(t-pain) w/ that personal lyric type shit(kanye's new shit).

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 09:50:42 AM »
talkbox or not, quik needs to get back to making a DJ Quik album

is it just me, or do people think he shouldnt have dropped the "DJ" from his name. ive read his reasons for doing it, but still

i guess it doesnt really matter though...............he'll always be DJ Quik to me anyway!
+1

Dopeisjay

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 03:23:02 PM »
Exactly i aways thought the same thing.. He's always road ahead of everyone.. comin up with new stuff.. and thats why ima big fan.. cause u never know what this man is comin up with next..
i think balance & options was ahead of it's time.

only now are people starting feel that structured melody driven hiphop(t-pain) w/ that personal lyric type shit(kanye's new shit).

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 03:51:05 PM »
i wasn't that impressed with trauma.
Neither was I.  And i'm one very easily impressed person.  Quik's best albums were rhythmalism and Balance & Options.  Trauma mixtape was better than the trauma album.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 04:39:25 PM »
no way trauma is amazing...listen to the tunes

dreamz818hiphop

• Lil Geezy
  • Dreamz aka Cali Dreamz
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 04:20:28 PM »
Definetly it would be dope!! All I know is I had te privlage to sit with Quik in the studio for the pass two months and let me tell you... Hes a Genius and such a dedicated hard worker when it comes to making music.. He be having three sessions going on all at once.. In one recording room hes doing production in another room vocals and the third mixing... He just did a dope ass track with WC and Nick Cannon... I asked him what was he working on he said, "nothing, just making music.. I can afford to be lazy right now!!" But to me he don't seem lazy.. Quik be getting off on his tracks.. Much Love to my boy Quik and Big Ups to my boy G One  They been working on some new shit together... Dreamz

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »
He did say that, but I'm pretty sure he said that before he did the Intro For Roger on Trauma, so who knows? Also, as much as I love Quik (my favorite artist), a lot of bullshit comes out of that guy's mouth in interviews.

No denying that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dopeisjay

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
Ahhhh yeah.. i heard about that.. Quik & G-one would be the shit again.. yeah all we need is rob.. back in the mix.. as for that wc and nick connon track lookin forward to it..
Definetly it would be dope!! All I know is I had te privlage to sit with Quik in the studio for the pass two months and let me tell you... Hes a Genius and such a dedicated hard worker when it comes to making music.. He be having three sessions going on all at once.. In one recording room hes doing production in another room vocals and the third mixing... He just did a dope ass track with WC and Nick Cannon... I asked him what was he working on he said, "nothing, just making music.. I can afford to be lazy right now!!" But to me he don't seem lazy.. Quik be getting off on his tracks.. Much Love to my boy Quik and Big Ups to my boy G One  They been working on some new shit together... Dreamz