Author Topic: Gucci Mane Sentenced To A Year in Prison  (Read 333 times)

woof

Gucci Mane Sentenced To A Year in Prison
« on: November 12, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »
MTV reports:

Gucci Mane was sentenced to 12 months in prison on Thursday (November 12) for probation violation and taken away to prison in handcuffs, according to a rep from his label.

The sentence is a blow to Gucci's career. The ATL rapper has a album coming out — The State Vs. Radrick Davis — on December 8 and is arguably at the height of his career; in terms of his sentence, he may be out of prison in six months. Last September, Gucci went to jail and served until March; he was sentenced to a year in prison for failing to fulfill his court-ordered 600 hours of community service, which had been mandated in 2005.

"It was a challenge for me," he told MTV News in March about going to jail in 2008. "I'm just happy my team kept my music going strong for me. And I'm happy I recorded so many records so people could hear me."

Upon his release Gucci went straight to the studio and recorded five songs. " Then I had a party later that night to get ready for, so that took up most of my day right there," he added, describing his first day as a free man.

This year, Gucci definitely was breaking through the mainstream from the streets to the mainstream, guest appearing on tracks for the Black Eyed Peas, Mario, Omarion, Mariah Carey and even a 50 Cent song. Gucci's current single is called "Spotlight" and features Usher. This follows on the heels of "Wasted," featuring Plies.

Blood$

Re: Gucci Mane Sentenced To A Year in Prison
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 07:15:49 PM »
damn, that's fucked up... regardless of the type of rappers they are it's fucked up to see so many of them getting locked up, first Boosie and now Gucci for a violation? smh

but I know GET YOUR WALK ON is gonna have a field day with this one lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »
this is terrific news! 8)

clearly the worst rapper in the music industry (of any genre).

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 07:18:44 PM »
T.I., Boosie, Wayne, Gucci

cops workin' on southern hip-hop

lol nah real talk y'all know I ain't a Gucci fan but I ain't wishin' jail on no man. But this idiot asked for it ::)  he ain't got nobody to blame but himself.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 07:23:19 PM »
when Gucci started blowing up I thought for sure he was gonna stay out this time... dude has been in jail every year since '05

and it's some petty shit too over some community service hours

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 08:12:02 PM »
dumb ass should have done his hours lol. U heard T.I. needed to do comm. service hrs and he took that shit seriously; he was in the news every day doing something new lol. U ain't hear about Gucci doin nothin ::)

Muhfukka

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
dumb ass should have done his hours lol. U heard T.I. needed to do comm. service hrs and he took that shit seriously; he was in the news every day doing something new lol. U ain't hear about Gucci doin nothin ::)
hahahahahahahahahaha

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 08:20:56 PM »
hahahahahahahahahaha
its the sad truth. This cat was like "oh comm. service hrs? I ain't gotta do those" :laugh:

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »
GOT DAMN, ev'rybody and they grandmama goin' to jail.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »
this is terrific news! 8)

clearly the worst rapper in the music industry (of any genre).

LOL, I don't wish jail on anyone but his music I just cannot get into.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
regardless of the type of rappers they are it's fucked up to see so many of them getting locked up, first Boosie and now Gucci for a violation? smh
It just shows how fucking stupid these rappers are.

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 09:11:34 PM »

true, I only heard he was going to schools and talking to kids but that's it... on the other hand, T.I. at the time was at his peak and so obviously the media was covering EVERYTHING that he was doing, Gucci on the other hand maybe could have been doing some things and it just never went into the news because at the time why would they care about a rapper who isn't on the level of a T.I. or a Lil' Wayne... none of us know the deal, but regardless not completing the hours is fucking stupid and it was some dumb shit, especially because of how he was just starting to be in his prime career wise

either way once he gets out he's gonna have that $$$ and he'll be set again, that is until the next time he fucks up and it wouldn't surprise me if he did lol
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:13:17 PM by H0W HiGH »

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »
haha i was just about to say that

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 09:25:04 PM »
hahahahahahahahahaha
its the sad truth. This cat was like "oh comm. service hrs? I ain't gotta do those" :laugh:

I heard Gucci only did 25 hours service since his sentence whereas T.I. did over 1000 in a year lol, don't quote me on those figures though

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:23:58 AM »
:laugh:

kemizt