Author Topic: ESPN: Kidd may be trying to force a trade  (Read 1006 times)

SGV

Re: ESPN: Kidd may be trying to force a trade
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »
Kidd with Kobe or Kidd with James would be a problem for the NBA.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 01:43:39 AM »
He had a chance to play with Tim Duncan three years ago, granted, he signed with the nets for the max. But If you're serious about winning a champsionship wouldn't you sacrifice 10 or 12 million dollars?  Since then the spurs have won two titles and never looked back; and Kidd is stuck in limbo with a mediocre team. I love it when superstars try to force trades and escape lol...

That's nothing but the truth, here. If you want to win a title you don't sign with the Nets.

They were actually contenders at the time...

C'mon, man. He refused the Spurs!

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 02:11:36 PM »
Kidd with Kobe or Kidd with James would be a problem for the NBA.

You speak the truth....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 11:51:37 PM »
He had a chance to play with Tim Duncan three years ago, granted, he signed with the nets for the max. But If you're serious about winning a champsionship wouldn't you sacrifice 10 or 12 million dollars?  Since then the spurs have won two titles and never looked back; and Kidd is stuck in limbo with a mediocre team. I love it when superstars try to force trades and escape lol...   
Like other people said, the Nets were contenders at the time, but your general statement is correct. The thing is most players, despite what they tell you, care a lot more about money then winning a championship. Why do you think the biggest factor in a player signing with another team is money? A lot of them also say that a team isn't respecting them when they aren't offered a good enough contract extension. Money doesn't equal respect. Then when these fools are older they start crying when they realize that a couple million dollars isn't worth more then getting the ring. Fucking lame.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 05:26:41 AM »
combine the fact that i cant watch Kings games for shit now(now that i moved to the IE) and all thats on is laker games,if kidd (my favorite pg of all time behind Magic) comes to LA im pre-orderin a laker no. 5 and postin up @ staples

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 12:40:29 PM »
EVERYBODY wants to be a Laker and/or Laker fan. 8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 12:44:40 PM »
Kidd isn't our biggest need .. once again all we need to be a top 2-3 team in the league is an All Star caliber player who can score down low and bring good D at the PF .. if we send Farmar in a package for Kidd the FO is pretty dumb

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 12:53:54 PM »
if we send Farmar in a package for Kidd the FO is pretty dumb

Seriously.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 12:59:02 PM »
Obviously you can't give up Farmar. But what trade would you see as suitable? Assuming that you don't want to give up Bynum, Kobe, and possibly Odom, that leaves Kwame+Crit+Walton+picks. I highly doubt the Nets would take that.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 01:22:57 PM »
if we send Farmar in a package for..

What??? No, thank. 8) ;)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 01:24:54 PM »
Obviously you can't give up Farmar. But what trade would you see as suitable? Assuming that you don't want to give up Bynum, Kobe, and possibly Odom, that leaves Kwame+Crit+Walton+picks. I highly doubt the Nets would take that.

This trade looks bad in my eyes. We need Kwame's defence, Walton's effort off the bench plus i like Crittenton's potential and i don't want to waste picks cause Mitch is very good drafting people. No. I LOVE Kidd, but i don't want this trade to be done, seriously.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »
kidd would have to be on some T.O. shit for NJ to wanna get rid of him like that...cant see it happening

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 02:26:18 PM »

I'm not trading Critt for Kidd either.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »

I'm not trading Critt for Kidd either.
LOL. So who would you trade for Kidd? Keep in mind that the Nets what something of relevance in return.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 04:09:09 PM »
id love to see kidd and LBJ playing together

i dk...would they even play good together? look at how james scores a majority of his points. when he drives. sometimes itll be off a pick, sometimes just cross sumone up. not usually off him cutting and a crisp pass. plus james is up there in assists, so he seems happy runnin the team that is rightfully his.

2ndly, even if they played good together, what would they do wit daniel gibson? hes playin great, and would barely see time if kidds out there runnin.

so i would like to see it happen, but how would it affect the cavs? im not sure ???