Author Topic: Admit it Cam dropped a classic album (mixtape).  (Read 694 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Admit it Cam dropped a classic album (mixtape).
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 11:57:09 AM »
Lol at this thread turns out to a Cam vs T.I. thread.
Two different rappers.

And I don't think I've ever heard a funny T.I. track (correct me if i'm wrong, Luna) - that makes me laugh, like some of Cam's song has - and that's a big factor for me. Diversity.

It's like TI don't have any humour :D

kemizt

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »
mixtape was dope! Cam is very entertaining to listen to 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »
Two different rappers.

And I don't think I've ever heard a funny T.I. track (correct me if i'm wrong, Luna) - that makes me laugh, like some of Cam's song has - and that's a big factor for me. Diversity.

LOL i didn't turn it into what it is now, blame jrome & good morning
Tip got a good sense of humour that comes through in his interviews, but not his music
he don't play around on them tracks lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 12:24:58 PM »
Two different rappers.

Tip got a good sense of humour that comes through in his interviews, but not his music
Don't get me wrong, I like TI better than Flip - I voted TIP, but it's like he's acting too hard.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2007, 12:27:09 PM »
Two different rappers.
Don't get me wrong, I like TI better than Flip - I voted TIP, but it's like he's acting too hard.
yee i know dog
i guess he could do with a bit more humour
that's his gimmick tho
he's the hardest cat out there (i'm not saying he is) but that's the role he plays...we've all heard stories supporting the "yes he is" side and the "no he ain't" side

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »
T.I. is 1000x cornier than Cam has ever been.  Hate Cam or not, he was unique and basically started the whole over-loaded blatant freestyle / punchline / simile / phor / swagger thing going on in rap for the last 6 years.  It was interesting (and comical) when it was just him and his crew, but then it became THE thing to do and everybody bit it up left and right. 

TI is a big fish in a VERY small and shallow pond that is the mainstream.  Whatever skill he does have is mitigated by his corniness.  There's just no way I can take him seriously.

What the fuck does "corny" mean in this context?

Personally, I think Cam's bullshit rhyming is far "cornier" than anything T.I. has ever done.  And besides, anything he has "started" has been negative for hip-hop...including the "swagger" for which you praise him, as well as his blatant homosexuality, which offends Allah and is punishable by death.

word! cam is mad corny! tell me "curtis" wasnt the CORNIEST song of all time :laugh:

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »

Personally, I think Cam's bullshit rhyming is far "cornier" than anything T.I. has ever done.  And besides, anything he has "started" has been negative for hip-hop...including the "swagger" for which you praise him, as well as his blatant homosexuality, which offends Allah and is punishable by death.
exactly homie
he's had more of a negative impact on hip-hop than Tip has
Trap Muzik >>>>> Cam's career

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2007, 01:28:02 PM »
T.I. is 1000x cornier than Cam has ever been.  Hate Cam or not, he was unique and basically started the whole over-loaded blatant freestyle / punchline / simile / phor / swagger thing going on in rap for the last 6 years.  It was interesting (and comical) when it was just him and his crew, but then it became THE thing to do and everybody bit it up left and right. 

TI is a big fish in a VERY small and shallow pond that is the mainstream.  Whatever skill he does have is mitigated by his corniness.  There's just no way I can take him seriously.

What do I mean by corny? TI is so contrived and melodramatic anytime you see him whether it be his sweet dance moves, interviews where he's trying his hardest to be a G, or just his songs themselves.  TI is trying extremely hard to come across a certain way, and it's too much for me to take serious.

I mean seriously, watch this:

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/cksewjmh8hM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/cksewjmh8hM</a>

As for Cam, I said that like it or not at least he had some sort of individuality and authenticity to him which is more than can be said of TI.  And regardless if you like dudes like Cassidy and Lil Wayne you have to admit those dudes and numerous others completely jocked Cam's style.  Don't take my arguement as an endorsement that these guys are dope, I'm just making a point.  

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »

exactly homie
he's had more of a negative impact on hip-hop than Tip has

fyi-kiss 8balls ass all you want, he'll still kill you when his revolution takes off.

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »

exactly homiehe's had more of a negative impact on hip-hop than Tip has

fyi-kiss 8balls ass all you want, he'll still kill you when his revolution takes off.
most of the time, he makes good points
if he dropped the whole dumb ass revolution act, he'd be a great poster 100% of the time

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2007, 01:31:34 PM »
don't see why TI was brought in this thread LOL thought it was about Cam's mixtape, I think both Cam and TI are cool they got different styles tough to compare them
+1 to Lunatic and Chamillitary K Dub too
the dude that dissng Luna shouldnt criticize cause he's older and think this is only for grown folks

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2007, 01:37:16 PM »
don't see why TI was brought in this thread LOL thought it was about Cam's mixtape, I think both Cam and TI are cool they got different styles tough to compare them
the dude that dissng Luna shouldnt criticize cause he's older and think this is only for grown folks

It has nothing to do with age.  It has to do with ignorance.  That and the fact that he and his homeboy ruin threads by post after post of cute smilies and +1's.  Shit is annoying as fuck.

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 01:43:36 PM »
It has nothing to do with age.  It has to do with ignorance.  That and the fact that he and his homeboy ruin threads by post after post of cute smilies and +1's.  Shit is annoying as fuck.
ur bout as ignorant as they come

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »

LOLL!!! WOW! u said in the t.i. vs. flip thread that you voted flip strictly cuz u were annoyed wit us. now if you ask me that ruins a thread....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 01:50:19 PM »

+1 gotti, glad you kno whats on 8)